Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Riddled Yet Again

In the intro riddles, the second one about what you can never touch in Everfrost gives the "You are correct! There is a nightfall and daybreak..." reply from the previous quest's second intro riddle.

edit: Oh! It goes further than that, too. He then tries to give you the first riddle of Riddled Again; the quest dies there (tell him you'll go look and no new quest is offered).

http://i57.tinypic.com/34rhfyh.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/99gcid.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Walkthrough of Riddled Yet Again is now up: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_quest:Riddled_Yet_Again

Riddled Again: the Onyx Stone of Risk doesn't have the Gygax-esque description that the other die do. Unsure if intentional, but noticed it combing my screenshots. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Badwolfe Member

Not sure if it's just me, but I keep losing between 10 and 20 seconds off my snack race timer. The timers of the countdown before the race and the actual race time itself, seem to be completely out of synch.
  4. Mophia Active Member

I never get a riddle about Everfrost, so I'm a little lost, so this seems bugged to me. I always get the riddle about the mothers and daughters, and then get sent to Kylong. Ahh in all the years I've done Bristlebane, I've always had the same riddles on all my chars, is that a record?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you get the first riddles he asks for each quest correct, he won't ask you any more, and just send you on your merry way to get the items (one reason I love Zam and Wiki for the write-ups; if I'm feeling slow and sluggish, mentally, I zoom over there and get the answer ;->). Saves time. ;->

On the other hand, there are mouse glitches, and sneezes at the wrong times, etc., so all the riddles should work. :-/

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sometimes when that happens to me, I don't know if it's a glitch per se, but there are times when I get on the pad to get the mount or whatever, and I'll have like three seconds or so before I can "GO! GO! GO!" and most, if not all, of the "field" of ______s hasn't even been populated yet...or at least, isn't showing on my screen. This was notorious during Erollisi Day this year; fortunately, whenever I was in Antonica (even with my Evils...the field outside of Freeport SUCKS; you can't get anywhere near the numbers there that you can in Antonica. Nice of them to do the Brewday thing in a neutral area, but I could do without the stupid tables in the way, or at least make them no-collision!), I knew there were usually a lot of hearts alongside the cliff edge over the "moat" by the gate, so if I ran along there, I'd still get something. Most annoying, though. :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not all of them do, apparently? I think if they're "named," like for Gygax or Arneson, they will have the descriptor. :)

Uwk
    Cyliena and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, but I'm sorry you get motion-sick on the leapers! They are terribly effective mounts. :(

Uwk
    who doesn't get motion-sick playing computer games...unless forced to be in first-person only X-P
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quick question: is the Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt a one time in a lifetime thing? Because it's one of the things needed for the Achievement for having done the quests, and while the others are at least repeatable (if we haven't gotten credit for having done them already...again; this time on Crushbone), if that one isn't, we're never gonna get credit for the Honorary Gigglegibber stuff. Though it's odd: I hadn't had to re-do anything on my Antonia Bayle server toons, and they all got the credit they deserved. Let's hope my Crushbone alts can get some love, too, once that database is fixed. :-/

Uwk
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt is repeatable, every year.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Few more fixes coming to both Test and live, hopefully in time for 4/1:
    • Marble Stone of Chance - No longer has an unintended description.
    • Riddled Yet Again - Imenand's conversation now leads to the correct response, and an offering of the correct quest
    • a patchcraft keeper - Uniform adjustment to remove the bandana as a possible head piece. Goblins can't equip it correctly.
    Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

This. :) I purposefully answer them wrong in testing the first time through just so I can record what the next intro riddle is on ZAM, in case others need the help.

The Everfrost riddle is part of the new quest, so you wouldn't have seen it in prior years anyway. I doubt many will see it, the intro riddle before it was much easier to instantly guess than the EF one (which I honestly missed the first time). ;)

Thanks for the fixes, Kaitheel!
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

First, thanks for fixing the joke shop merchandise speed. I can again enjoy running after them through the bushes and see them perched on the ruins and such. The fun has returned for me in this quest. :)

But, I am concerned about the berry boviches. They don't seem to be turning up on live at all. I appreciate you posting on the thread in the general discussion forum. But wanted to ask here as well, as this is where things get tested and checked.

Has anyone on test seen a berry bovich yet?

If this did not get turned on on live, or is bugged, the time it runs should be extended please?
  14. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Seen one developer say we Beastlord should be on the look-out for them. Have not seen a berry-fed anywhere, and Nektolous Castle still has the black & white version.
    Ponpoko and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crud, are they only available on the 1st? :-/

Uwk
  16. Mophia Active Member

According to the notes I read about when they were previously up, they were up then from 29th to 1st inclusive, so I went running around on test on my little fae BL trying to find one, when I asked in test chat, no one had seen them on live either, this was on the 29th I think, or the 30th. Someone went looking on live to help me, and he only found the black and white one, and this was in one of the berry spots as well, TOFS he said. So I have to say it looks like they weren't up on test at all, and now it looks like not on live either. My fae looked in Crossroads, Windstalker, Sinking Sands, and BBM, but as she's only 29, she didn't go to higher zones.

As as an update for Uwk, I only managed the sphinx plushie on 12 of mine yesterday, the rest will have to wait until next year for theirs.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I am suspecting that Kaitheel has been pulled off anything related to festivals for now to work on the new DLC. As he is usually so fast to respond about festival problems and getting them fixed. Not his fault if this is so, as you do what your bosses say. But this does need to be fixed.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of fixes, obviously it's too late for this year, but for next year, can we PLEASE have the Gnary a Joke to Tell update when we get on the ship, not when we go over to where the idiot gnome is? Just sitting there waiting for the denouement is boring as hell (the quest takes long enough as it is); we could be doing other things in RL until we get to the beach, but nothing progresses until we go over to the stupid gnome. It would be one thing if we needed to talk to him, but that's not required. X-P

Uwk
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Berry-fed Bovoch weekend! No, really. They've been wrangled from their constrictive pens and given free range throughout Norrath!

Beastlords on all servers, including Test, may now scare up the elusive berry-fed bovoch!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Idaho Iksar Active Member

My level 44 BL on AB run up to the rock in Stinking Sands and it appeared almost right away, but nothing in CL prior.

Now my 100 BL on Freeport has been to ToFS, CL, SS, Windstalker Village, MoY and not seen a breey fed bovoch yet. While at CL, had ran around, nothing. Sat there for a minute, a level 16 BL runs up to the pig pen and WALAA he got one/ So why did it not spawn for me? /shrug