--Bounties!--

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED--Arctura-, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Expresso Guest

/target Skree

/thumbs
  2. ARCHIVED-ElephantonRU Guest

Krafoogoo@Everfrost wrote:
    Personally I don't believe the screenshots are fake... too much work...
    Probably this existed on the test server at some point of time, but got cancelled later on maybe?
  3. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

Bozidar wrote:
    QTE
    QTE
    If the whole (( thing wasn't annoying enough, not to mention his (like so many other people who bless this forum) posts often being a load of rubbish, he also takes time to **** over the forums.
    At the end of the day though, its not the OPs fault. Its our fault for thinking the devs actually give two ***** about PvP.
    Fact is, they don't.
  4. ARCHIVED-Harbringer Doom Guest

Look at the shading of the blue background on the very first "screen shot."

How can you not think that is fake?
  5. ARCHIVED-BWLeeEllison Guest

Vydar@Vox wrote:
    The easiest solution:
    Exile players should only be allowed to collect exile posted bounties. Freeport players should only be allowed to collect Freeport placed bounties. Qeynosian players should only be able to collect Qeynosian placed bounties. That should just about fix that
  6. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Horknut@Nagafen wrote:
    They say hope is the last thing to go.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Horknut@Nagafen wrote:
    That's about how mine looks in-game. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Sightless wrote:
    check the alignemnt of "Bounty raised" and the money amounts on the "Bounty Master" screenie.
    I doubt that an actual ingame window would mess that up.

However a rather neat job of presenting ones view, and stirring the pot on pvp.
    the devs are pretty much bound to know we want more for pvp now. ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    Let the conspiracy theories begin! Did anyone else notice that domino was the one who collected the bounty in the screenshot? Isnt that the TS Dev? Hmmm.
  10. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Kind of odd that someone who has been a member since Nov 13, 2004 and have over 2k posts would pull something like this. I'd be shocked if he wasn't banned for at least a week or so.
  11. ARCHIVED-Boyar Guest

BWLeeEllison wrote:
    Still a gaping hole - Exile player B calls up RL buddy Qeynos D, arranges a time and place to get killed and buddy D picks up the 10p. At the end of the month, they count up the bounties they've earned for each other and rig a duel to balance the difference. Would be trivial to rook a system like this, just like back in UO before they ditched the bounty system.
  12. ARCHIVED-BWLeeEllison Guest

Thud@Befallen wrote:
    It is still possible for a timing snafu to cost them the kill and thus the exchange of money Best thing to do now though is present all ideas one could possibly come up with as a means to exploit the proposed bounty system, so that the devs can address the possibilities before they turn into issues.
  13. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

The only reason I didnt reply to this thread to say how awesome it looked, is because i found it quite odd that one only one person in the entire game seemed to know about this..had it been on test server, it would have been a bit more public, no?

Which is a great shame, because this all looked pretty exciting.
  14. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Well the bounty system sounds good on paper but would have to be far to complicated too avoid the player bases extremely creative mind at exploiting things.
    Pvp simply just doesn't bring in that amount of cash flow to justify the time needed to perfect a complicated system that would be needed.
    If a system were to work it would have to be kept anonymous so you couldn't exploit it, if you never knew you had a bounty on your head or on others there is no way you could know when to farm yourself for the cash. That alone would take away most of the fun, so why bother i personally would rather have the time and resources spent on fixing in game items and pvp before some new bounty system.
  15. ARCHIVED-Izzypop Guest

I'm not worried about players trying to exploit a bounty hunter title or using the bounty system to circumvent the fence which you can get around easy as is.
    There is a big problem with the just giving bounties for killing players
    I'm gonig to use a few names as an example of something.
    Faabio, Dankshasta, Saleeen, and LFG are examples of very well known players on Nagafen.
    They all have Friends and Enemies on both factions. If you're an enemy don't flame them on the official forums they are just good examples here.
    If the bounty system were to go live as is right now their enemies would take out a multi plat bounty on them.
    They would then just log onto an opposit alignment alt and tell a friend to killl them for the bounty.
    The target of the bounty now just took his enemies Plat and is sharing it with his friend.
    So by placing a bounty on an enemy all you do is Give them Your plat and let them share it with a friend.
    There needs to be a couple of changes.
    #1 Bounties should only be paid if there is an infamy hit.
    #2 The entire bounty should no be paid out all at once. Put a cap in for the max # of plat that can be collected per infamy hit. If the pot becomes too large the target of the bounty will just take the infamy hit to collect it himself by having a friend gank him.
  16. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Wytie wrote:
    You dont avoid exploits by making a complicated system. thats the best way there is to open up humongous exploits.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    Your opinion doesnt make sense..
    Give our token system for example, when it was first introduced it was pretty simple you kill your target, they drop chest you loot 1-3 tokens pretty simple eh.
    Yea well it was explotied the crap out of so what did SOE do? They made it a bit more complicated. why? to help detur some of the common exploits. We now have a syatem that doesnt always grant you a token for a kill and even a less of a chance for a token if the person you have killed has been killed a number of other times in a row( example bots drop tokens least often). Another example our recent list it was introduced to curb faction farming ect these use to be basic and simple till they got exploited to no end, so SOE introduces a more complex system to curb that which is what we now know "a recent list"
    So you have no bias for your conclusion, SOE always has made things more complicated to resolve exploits, they have been doing it from day one. It doesnt mean its free of exploits but does detur them. Which is why a bounty system wouldnt be sucessfull because in order for it to be successfull they wouldnt have the resorces to make it complicated enough to be exploited the least.

Simple systems are always beat first, this is true in game and RL
  19. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

double post
    this forum really sucks today
  20. ARCHIVED-BWLeeEllison Guest

Wytie wrote:
    The bounty system is a further complication to curb many of the rampant exploits you cited in your post. I welcome it.