--Bounties!--

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED--Arctura-, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-XeroXs84 Guest

This could be really good. I dont see much of a problem in PPL farming their alts, apart from 2 cases which i hope sony looks into very good:

1.) Exiles... Like someone gets a bounty so his group drops him kills him bingo bounty collected... shouldnt possible to collect bounties within exile faction.. allow it that exiles can collect bountys from Q and FP but not from exile faction... easy fix.

2.) PPL with multiple accounts in different factions.. this is the tough one. Doubt theres much sony can do here. Then again i dont think theres many of those.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Vivi@Venekor wrote:
    Oh crap, there goes placing 1 copper bounties on people as an insult....
  3. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

The only way to avoid any exploits to this system is to make it hurt the character that has the bounty on them. They should lose fame to whoever killed them no matter the rank and maybe increase the fameloss based on how high the bounty is.
    Another idea is to reward fame to the person who placed the bounty once it has been collected too. In order for this to work, they MUST make it hurt the player with the bounty. They are not likely to exploit and kill their main with an alt if its going to hurt his alts fame or stats in some way.
    I think this idea should be discussed and fine tuned for sure and then we may have a good fun system put in place.
  4. ARCHIVED-Izzypop Guest

Fibs pointed out a big problem.
    Player A is hated and gets bounties placed on him all the time.
    Someone hates player A soo much he placesa 5 plat bounty on player A's head.
    Every time Player A gets a bounty placed on his head he just logs on Player B from the opposite alignment and kills himself to take the Bounty money.
    Hated Player A revives , kills Player B, and has just collected the bounty on his own head.

Perhaps as a starter a bounty should only be colleced if the other player recieves an infamy hit.
    Or option B you always recieve an infamy hit if you have a large enough bounty on your head.
    Now that would make life a real....I forgot I can't even reference a female dog on these forums
  5. ARCHIVED-Balrok Guest

wow, couldn't have suggested a better idea myself....... wait a minute!!
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...75&#4276819
    Exur@Nagafen wrote: 8/18/2007
    Can't wait!
  6. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

Exur@Nagafen wrote:
    before you go and take any credit, realize that this is an old idea, one that was bounced around on the old forums way before '07. i'm not claiming to be the originator of that idea (I might be.. i just dont' remember), but it's not a new one.
  7. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

Sounds like a good way to transfer money to alts on other factions.
  8. ARCHIVED-MaCloud1032 Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    Skree man they arnt doing it for the kill they are doing it to shaft the people who put the bounty up. If they are going to "cheat" like this the deaths they recive wont realy bother them.

And some people honestly dont care how much they die in pvp. 1300+ deaths here i could care less. They are just pixles.

As much as i would love to see a system like this. It wouldnt work to many explots avalible and not enough devs to enforce there rules. Like broncas said if it comes out iam putting a bounty on my head i might get more pvp!
  9. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Vivi@Venekor wrote:
    (( The minimum price of a bounty is based on the level of the person you are placing the bounty on. 30g is only the minimum required to place a bounty on that particular character featured in the screenshot.

And you cant place a bounty on someone unless they kill you. So for that guy in Kylong to put a bounty on you, you would have to kill him first.

The Bounty Master window is available only at the Bounty Master NPCs, located at the moment in cities only. Im hoping they might put some on the docks in certain areas, would be nice ;)

There is at present no 'in-the-field Bounty window to check your bounties on your head'. It makes sense though, you wouldnt know unless you visit a Bounty Master, how much your head is worth :)

A bit more about bounties:

The Bounty cash reward is divided up among bounty hunters who share the kill, in the same way Status is divided up. This is to encourage bounty hunters to operate solo, like a bounty hunter does, but doesnt punish people who share a bounty kill, since its divided among them evenly.

Bounty hunters are the only ones who can get the bounty, you have to register to become a bounty hunter at the Bounty Master NPC. There is a nominal fee for becoming a bounty hunter.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Sightless wrote:
    Cant wait for this new game feature!
    to Demron:
    Jealousy is a pain i guess. Dont hate others jsut because you dont have success in this game.
  11. ARCHIVED-M0r3F33n Guest

Yeah I just got one thing to say about this.
    You people complain about Brigands, Assassins, Swashys now.
    In your face. Support this if you want, but you'll be seeing 5x the scouts as ever before if this is implimented. Even though I play a scout as my main, I am in favor of this never happening.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    lol.. I was on my Defiler talking to Steal when I heard about it in low level chat, and your name came up on the freep side of all things in the 10-19 chat. They know you'd do the same for this, as you did for that General title. It's funny, and sad all the same you'd stoop so low, and drag others with you.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Sightless wrote:
    Can you explain me further how i got my general title, and since you said you have a fraps of it. Could you post it allready?
  14. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

Just make it so that the bounty is not collectable by the same person more than once per month. Problem solved. And yes, this will just make Scouts more appealing. "WTS Bounty rights on Noobstalker, send tell for details!" Too bad the game can't make it impossible for accounts on the same credit card but different accounts unable to interact, that would cut down on some exploiters right off the bat.
    But, naysaying aside, damn, I can't wait to get somebody's bounty!
  15. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    It might make scouts more appealing, but on the other side those msot hated scouts will have the biggest bounty on their head! Making their own life more harder than cleric01.
    And you should be able to set a minimum level or make it only guild members of guild xyz can get the bounty. Im sure there is a way to stop the cheating. We have to be creative,
  16. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Seriously. Thois is what people have been asking for forever. A purpose to pvp.
    And people complain?
    Of course its gonna get exploited one way or the other. Much like the current token system AND infamy system. I'd prefer this new system to the current one imho since Im willing to wager that as long as there are title systems or any kind of pvp systems there will be people exploiting them.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

You should be able to say he has to be a guildmember of guild1,2,3,4,5, he has to be minimum lvl 75, and you should be able to see who collected the reward. So you can avoid future cheating. I cant wait for this new system, it will bring some fresh pvp action in the game i hope.

edit: or maybe even add special player names, people you know you can trust.
  18. ARCHIVED-MuliganVanJurai Guest

That's just about the coolest thing i've ever seen... I am very excited about this feature being implemented into the game.
  19. ARCHIVED-Expresso Guest

If the new system can either: Be exploited to gain cool titles or exploited to keep others from collecting your bounty (aka: alt account killing yourself) then this will be the biggest joke and waste of time since the current infamy system.

If it can't be exploited, it will be one of the coolest things yet for the PvP rule set.

Spiderbyte made a good point on how to make it work, but I doubt they would do this, a 1 toon per account server.
  20. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

A key thing missing here is motive. What would motivate people to spend thier coin on a bounty? I have seen people whine and moan about having to pay a crafter 10 gold for a combine, and you all think people are going to part with thier coin just to let thier enemy know that they got to them? People don't want to pay others to do thier work for them, if they did they would be playing on a station exchange server.
    Somebody greifs me, i get on a higher level alt to take care of them, if i don't have an alt, i call in friends, if no friends are around, i leave, mark the name, and go back later. Im not going to put 50 gold up on them. I would rather spend that 50 gold on a peice of gear or a spell upgrade that will help me win the next fight.
    Also, if you thought people ran before, you wont beleive how many would run now. The last thing i want to do is give my enemy more money.
    As far as exploits, they would be all over a system like this in EQ2. Im sorry but i don't have the kind of faith in SoE that the rest of you do as far as catching and fixing exploits. It took them over a month to fix some major exploits after RoK released, and there are still alot more out there. If somebody put a 5plat bounty on my head, you can be sure im going to see what i can do to get that money in the hands of a friend, rather then an enemy. Your a liar if you say otherwise. So SoE will need to block every avenue that makes that possible. People with mutliple accounts, and people with close friends on both sides would have all the advantage in the world to a system like this.
    I would love to see a change in the titles and reward systems for pvp, but i don't think this will work in EQ2.