--Bounties!--

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED--Arctura-, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    I want you to see the irony in this.
    You badgered me in the Qeynos (Good) chat to come reply to this, ON YOUR SPY! The low level character on your wifes account you leave in Kylong Plains to spy on Qs, so your level 80 group can go kill blues and greens when you see them come in by boat, or so you can stand at Teren's Grasp and kill people as they come in, one at a time since no one can jump off of Sokakars.
    Think about the irony of you trying to unsoil your soiled name in Qeynos, with the very spy you use so you can gain the upper hand on them.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    Wow, what an awesome idea.
    I do hope Sony see's this suggestion in its fullest. This would go a long way in allowing us players to control the system so we can prevent people from exploiting it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

This is a fake post folks. There is no current bounty system in the works. In the future, lets try and keep idea posts as ideas please and not trying to make it look like the real thing is coming soon.
  4. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Ownage!
  5. ARCHIVED-ElephantonRU Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    This sucks. Bounty system is something we've been asking you guys since PVP was first introduced.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    With apologies to the OP, i'd suggest that fake posts like this are more harmful to the community than someone telling another forum member that they have their head up their arss. At the very least, the latter has the benefit of most times being true.
    As a member of the community who has been reprimanded with very little/no communication or explanation involved with that punishment, I'd suggest that something like this should merit at least something.
    I'm more than a little disappointed that a fake thread spawning rumors throughout the game has been up for 14 hours and instead of the thread being closed, removed, or at least edited to note that it's FAKE.. we get a single post from a developer, on the third page.
    Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

ElephantonRU wrote:
    None of this made any sense to begin with, because the concept had more holes in it than a Swiss cheese. Something which is that easy to exploit would never enter the live servers. And this was not on the test server while it was still available, so how would some random person who's not a dev get information that nobody else had access to? Anyway, it is confirmed fake so there is no point in discussing this any further.

He's good at editing screenshots though, I'll give him that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    That goes beyond good at editing screenshots.
  9. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Too bad. Perhaps the op can be introduced to the devs? They could use some good ideas.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

If they did do a bounty system, there would have to be a pretty steep penalty for having a bounty on your head. For example, 10 plat could drop a person down one level of titles, i.e. Champion to Destroyer. Or say 20 plat could drop a person down two titles, and so on.
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Sightless wrote:
    I'd say its the other way around. the more of a bounty you have, the more infamous you are.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Omg, you should bann the person who posted this!
  13. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    With the current system if there isn't a penalty to having a bounty on your head, it would be too easy to exploit.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    No, they should hire them for good ideas.
  15. ARCHIVED-Vydar Guest

the easiest exploit...

Qeynosian player A places bounty on Exile player B. Exile Player C sends player B a tell and says, "Hey, there's a bounty on your head for 10p. How about I kill you and we split it?" Exile player B agrees of course. Qeynosian Player A's 10p is now split up between Exile player B and C.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Sightless wrote:
    Instead of changing once again the subject you could have just answered me that simple question. Since you had no answer for me i felt the need to ask you ingame, and you could not back up what you claimed. And that "Fraps" also doesnt exist. I hope this will open everyones eyes on the board so they dont listen to your lies. Im done with derailing this thread with this topic.
    Edit: yes he is right, he did answer the question. He said i got all the precious fame of the lvl 51 untitled templar from my wife ;-). I leeched all that non existant fame to general!
  17. ARCHIVED-Sightless Guest

Ajjantis
    I answered your question "in game" while talking to your spy in the good chat channel. I'm not going to retype it all out here on the forums for you.
  18. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    Actually this is the perfect thread to derail since it should be locked/removed anyway.
    No bounty systems should be placed into EQ2 pvp.
  19. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Vydar@Vox wrote:
    Not much of an exploit in this now unfortuantely purely hypothetical situation. Player b would be running the risk of player C betraying him -- certainly a fairly reasonable deterant. Also if they added a suffering a significant infamy hit to b for being the vicitm of a bounty, that would also deter that sort of cooperative behavoir.
  20. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

Sightless wrote:
    NFS.