Best Raid DPS Class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Beagest, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

alot of the other classess were lvl 80, we were rading HoS in TT. However, that 80 illusionist was out parsing everyother lvl 80 in the raid. including the wizzy, ranger, Warlock, Guard, Zerker. That illusionist was just tearing crap up.
  2. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Skwor wrote:
    I want to bang my head everytime I read this. If the issue is us coming in top 3 or better yet topping half the parses when we are competently playing our class - then I see why they havn't rushed over to aid to our attention. WE DONT NEED IT.

Sorcerer dps is t1, most players just arn't. I did a PR pickup raid and saw sorceres parsing 1.5k - 2.5k zonewide in the MAGE GROUP with a troub. While I had the non troub group pulling a 5700 zonewide. Trust me, its the players not the class. Our class is very capable of domination.
  3. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

thajoka wrote:
    You think because you saw a sorcerer parsing well in PR they're balanced?

Ok.
  4. ARCHIVED-Skwor Guest

thajoka wrote:
    Funny I feel the same way evrytime you post a L2P response. Funny your the only one who makes the case (as a wizard ) that we dominate and from what I can glean of your zw's they are good for a wiz. Here is the thing though they are not good at all for an assassin. I'll let you make the rest of the connections. Obviuo9usly your assassin's can't beat you. The rest of us see numbewrs to the contrary. I am not talking low dps from us but instead higher DPS from assassins.
    SO whatever, you have your opinion and everyone else has a different one. I just love these "what are you going to belive your lying eyes or me posts" I'll say it again appearantly you are the only wizard in all the servers who knows how to play and have somehow managed to dominate all dps... or maybe it is just the people you raid with make you look good by comparison.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    Arasai have pretty much the same racial stuff as dark elves, with the slow fall and the crit/DPS buff, but I don't see many people whining about that. I guess because Aeralik doesn't play one?
  6. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Dark elves get 2% double attack, arasai 2% crit. Dark Elves get fury of innoruk +35 haste, arasai 25 dps, assassin self buff dps so they get more from the haste. Dark elves get poison expertise. Obviously dark elves are now built for assassins. Wonder why
  7. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Zahne@Mistmoore wrote:
    Hey, re-read what I wrote. I said I saw a sorcerer parseing 1.5 - 2.5k in a MAGE GROUP while I parsed 5.7k from a non mage group. Those sorceres were not parsing well lmao. 1.5 - 2.5 is pretty horrible for PR. There were assassins in raid getting smoked by me, its probably because their gear quality wasn't close - which you guys insist doesn't make a difference. But with your comment I think you read my post entirely wrong. The post was about how even mages in mage groups isn't going to make a bad player parse AND how its not even required to parse good!
  8. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Skwor wrote:
    Or maybe im only vocal person cause most people don't even bother to post on this site. Theres tons of good wizards who just are in disgust with the sorcerer rants on this site because they think its utterly silly that people think the wizard class needs help. A L2P response? Well then tell me what you call parsing sub 2k in a mage group on PR. They definetly havn't learned to play yet! I don't sugar coat things and im blunt, sorry but thats what it really comes down to. Not everyone is an automated machine that hits the right buttons...some people do need to learn to play. I know I did over time and no good player is exempt from having 'learned to play'. I'm sorry but again, I call it like I see it and classes being played at under par levels is obviously lack of SOMETHING when it comes to playing. Go ahead, ask some of the players what type of spell rotations they use, and tell me nobody needs to learn to play.

Our assassin does beat me but, not by 1.5 - 2k every zone like people here imply. He's beat be by 800 before and we've tied before and I've beaten him before. Theres plenty of wizards who are better than me lol. Most of them just get disgusted with this stuff and stop posting/never bother. I mean hey, what stinks more, my L2P's or your outcries for help (that we don't need). Just our opinions sir and i'm only stating them. I don't make up information or try to draw it out of assumption. I just speak on what I know and see, so maybe it is too limited.

And don't insult my raid. Im pretty confident our dirge could smoke you on the parse, just address me and not my guild. They are quality players otherwise we all wouldn't even be grouped together.
  9. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    They are built for just about any class dude =p. That temporary buff is pretty sexy for a mage and they also get +crit.
  10. ARCHIVED-Vellandra Guest

thajoka wrote:
    I think you've missed the point slightly. I agree that the sorcerers parsing 2k were, erm, 'not making the best of their class' but at the same time, if you were doing 5.7k and topping the parse, none of your assassins, brigands, swashbucklers, and rangers were either. Assassins especially should have been at least 4k ahead of your 5.7k. With the current mechanics, good assassins should always beat good sorcerers on the parse. Of course, there are so many other factors to consider, gear, group/raid set up, encounter mechanics, etc etc as well, that it's really very difficult to make a comparison, which is where a lot of the conflict between whether there's a problem or not comes from. Youalso need to consider that PR is not a particularly good place to judge DPS, being only a T1 raid zone.
  11. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

manaburn spikes > assassin spikes

And thats up less than every 4 min. We got the long term dps and we can do an insane amount of dmg in a very short time with all the right timers up.

My PR raid reference was a lower guilds guild/pickup raid, 38kdps...so it was I'd say like what people are calling 'average raids' ?. I only bring it up because unlike my guild raids where im pretty much stacked on alot of raids. This was first time in months I actually did a raid with no troub or illy in group. Had like 2 fighters, a templar warden and scout lol. The templar was best thing going for me but, I was still able to parse almost 6k in a totally umfamilar raid and a group without any mage buffs really going for it. Hehe though Paladin was nice for aggro ;).

But as far as you saying good assassins should always beat good sorcs I just have to flat out disagree. We have some really powerful abilities and when both under best on conditions both classes should be sharing top spots on the parse raid to raid. Rangers and Warlocks are just as capable of being amazing.
  12. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

Dakkota - did you and that assasin in the PR raid you did have similar gear on? Or, were you wearing all of your t8 end game fabled uber gear?
  13. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Really? What do you call the Epic feedback thread, when you utterly ignored every single Monk that posted.

When you completely ignored us asking you to fix what you broke.

Why is ort STR line from the KoS AA Tree still broken after more than 2 years of asking. Do not even bring up the time you changed it from a Line with stupid restrictions to a Line so crap noone would ever take it.

How the hell long would it take you to fix Strikethrough.
  14. ARCHIVED-evilgamer Guest

Xanrn wrote:
    Some thing tells me that there are a few more pressing class balance issues then strikethrough on the monk mythical.
    Not that its not something that should be looked into, but certain classes are lucky to even see the inside of VP even get their myth. Summoners, brusiers, Sk's, are lucky to even get a raid to get their myths.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

thajoka wrote:
    Yea, still the most powerful race/class combo for a dps class is dark elf assassin. Which is no surprise since the dev in charge of class balance & design plays a dark elf assassin. Of course he wants his character to be the pwn. Why don't wood elf rangers get some comparable dps buffs? How bout a 2% ranged double attack and comparable temp buff?

Race aside, assassins have it pretty sweet right now. There's obviously corruption in the game development. This is just another little nugget of suck, the class dev wants his character to be the best dps availabe, so he makes it so because he can. Assassins sure as hell aren't on par with scorcerers. And arguably ahead of rangers.
  16. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

evilgamer wrote:
    What the hell does Class Balance have to do with ignoring Monks in an EPIC FEEDBACK THREAD.

Excuse us for trying to get them to look at our EPIC which they broke in a thread made by a Dev DEDICATED TO EPIC FEEDBACK.
  17. ARCHIVED-evilgamer Guest

Xanrn wrote:
    What the hell does the monk epic have to do with a "best raid dps" thread?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Gee I don't know perhap it has to do with the quote from Aeralik I was replying to.

You know the one I quoted. Page 2 of THIS thread.

No wonder nobody pays attention to your endless threads when your clearly out to raise your class above everyone elses at their cost.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Ok there are a lot of people on this thread saying that Assassin's are tweaked because a derv plays one. First off... Why the hell wouldn't an assassin be at the top of the DPS charts?? They offer NOTHING accept DPS to a group/Raid. They can throw a hate Xfer and go to town on a mob... THAT IS IT!!
    Lets take a look at those other classes you mentioned:
    Wizards/Warlocks: PORTS!!!! maybe if an assassin could immediately transport his group for SS to Kelethin you might have an arguement.
    Conjurors/necros: Soloed lately?? i have.. and we dominate on that end.. why the hell would we complain about anything?
    Rangers: ok you guys might be getting a little bit of a stiff one on this topic.. but thats why i betrayed mine to assassin... lol.
    Coercers/Illys: HELLO CC, your class dominates that and MASSIVE Buffs!!!!
    ANY HEALING CLASS: You a moron for even reading this thread
    Remaining Scouts: Brigands... if you even start... YOUR dps might be lower.. but different between having a Brigand in a high end T8 raid and not is about ohh.. 15k dps? Swashys. when was the last time you saw an Assassin TANK (i already know people will say.. BUT they can!!, BS i say.. Assassin's DPS from behind and invis.. we cant do that with 1 stun)! And last, Troub/Dirge... you were made to buff.. do it and don't complain.
    So overall you see EVERY CLASS has a job. Assassins is to kill... HINCE the name ASSASSIN. If you want a pure DPS class.. go assassin. If you want DPS with other options.. well ^^^ nice and easy to see right up there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Wraths wrote:
    Yes, cause all these great class abilities add value to a raiding guild....