Best Raid DPS Class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Beagest, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-nirate Guest

simpwrx02 wrote:
    A "dev roast" as you put it, seems to happen anywhere the devs post, be it here or in the class forums. I was just pointing out that Sabutai perfectly described the class forums and then asked for another board that did the exact same thing. Trust me I know very well the devs dont ever read the class forums, my main is a SK.
    It blows my mind that SOE even conciders trying to appeal to previous patrons when the devs don't respond to things clearly broken and or underpowered as some of the classes are. I could point to one of my own threads, items clearly broken and not one dev has even gazed it its general direction. How do you think I feel? Last I checked ignoring problems never made them go away and ignoring your player base only lowers your paycheck.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

nirate wrote:
    I am well aware of the issues with many classes and I do in fact read the class forums. The lack of response is often because if I do respond it sets expectations. Like for rangers, we acknowledged issues multiple times. So every update that came along, they asked where their fixes were and started a flurry of new threads. Coercers on the other hand I knew all along they were having issues and it turned up as a pleasant surprise because I had a few days free on my schedule.

I'm not ignoring any classes or favoring any. Like I have said a few times recently, in the short term there are no big changes occuring as part of a Live Update. If I get some free time to do something then I will be the first to let you know but just because I don't reply in every forum or every thread doesn't mean I am ignoring you or your class.
  3. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I judge "equal player skill" based on how I play. Using a formulatic approach to each combat art and spell a class has, knowing exactly when to use each, the benefits and drawbacks of each in any situation, and an equally complete understanding of every encounter in the game, what chanegs the encounter may undertake, what situations you will be put in with that encounter, and the ability to cross referance this knowledge of spells and combat arts with the knowledge of encounters to use the most suited spell or combat art the class has at any and every single point in any encounter (seems like a lot to ask, but an hour playing excel when you have all your masters will give you all the info you need).
    In this case, appropriate gear is the best avalible for the class and slot from non contested mobs. If both a wizard and swashbuckler have the best avalible gear for the encounter (using the above knowledge), and t he gear on one means they are able to out DPS the other, then that is an extention of class balance.
    Based on the above, assassins out DPS everyone else by a large amount, followed closely by other melee classes, with various casters just behind.
  4. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    No but posting here to justify that you don't ignore classes but not posting in response to all their cries for a response doesn't help any. Your own thread about epics has 27 pages of at least one Monk or Swashbuckler crying out for a simple reply, yet we don't get one. Sorry but it's not about how often you reply, it's about what you choose to reply too.

If you want people to stop feeling ignored a simple reply stating you see the issue but lack the time to fix it right now or anytime soon. 99% we would rather a bad reply then no reply at all.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    How about a stickied thread at the top of either the combat forum or spells, combat arts and abilities forum that is along the lines of Domino's "State of the Tradeskill" thread.
    If you post all in one area the issues you consider in need of attention, then no one class can argue that they are not geting the fixes they need, such as rangers in your example. If you put up a list of everything you are working on, everything you hope to work on, and everything you have reciently worked on, most decient human beings will leave you alone moreso than they are now (exceptions to every rule).
    Class balance may prove to be too volatile a subject for this type of approach, but as neither you nor Lockeye kept players particularly well informed, compaired to others, an experiment like this may well be warrented.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Umm.. Not bad idea but I am sure any dev doesn't want to be compared to another dev but the way it is now it seems that he may be picking favorites but probaly not. I will say this area of the game is so vast comapred to tradeskills when Aeralik has to tend to 24 classes wheres Domnio has 9...opps 11 counting Tinkering & transmuting. Any changes he makes so will effect the others classes a majority of the time but if domino makes a change to tradeskill class it's probaly not going effect another tradeskill so he has to weigh pros and cons. At least give him credit when due and hope he sees there is issues with some of the others classes and fixes them soon.
    Forgive me here Aeralik but as for when you have time makes me wonder for isn't your job to take care of the 24 classes? I am not totally sure of the inner workings of your total job there so if you have some other areas you take care of too, then disregard this.
  7. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    I'm sorry but, "I don't have time to address balance issues" isn't really a valid excuse. If you find the requirements of your job surpass your available time, it's on your head to approach your boss and ask him for additional resources.

You have to know it dosn't exactly look stellar to have the class YOU play sitting several thousand DPS above all others in all instances.

Melee hit-rates were broken, and you found time to address those. Unfortunately the fix you put in place broke many others in the process.

Seeing as how you didn't do it right the first time, one would think you'd prioritize a fix. And as I said above, if time really is an issue you should be sourcing help from inside the company.

I think you'll find most of us are pretty reasonable if you take the time to respond to issues, even if that response is a vague timeline in which you *may* look into it.
  8. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Zahne@Mistmoore wrote:
    please lets have some perspective here.
    Melee hit rates were broken on orange and red con mobs since T6, when they changed the mechanics. now i dont know about you but that is at least 2years for them to address a well known and well Documented problem. thats hardly what i would call a prompt and quick change. so less of the melee were broken, and you found time please it just makes you look uneducated.
  9. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

T1-T4 instance raiding
    1 : assassin
    2 : Ranger / Sorc
    3 : Swash
    4 : Summoner
    5 : Brig / Brawler

1 : sorc / ranger
    2 : sorc / ranger
    3 : Sorc / ranger
    4 : Sorc / ranger
    5 : Sorc / ranger
  10. ARCHIVED-Beelzebub Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Aeralik,
    We do appreciate your input and that you are reading the threads. But, please bear in mind that we put a lot of time and effort into this game and significant changes like this one can have a seriously negative effect on our gameplay. Not being wanted or necessary on raid rosters because of a change to resist rates is very disappointing. Please reconsider and find some time to change things back to the way they were because this is really no fun at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-nirate Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Here is your problem right here. Classes have problems you yourself have acnoledged this. Now if classes have issues they need to be addressed before the new content. I think I can speak on everyones behalf here when i say we would rather have the expansion pack release date pushed back for some class fixes now. 90% of your player base wants the current problems fixed and could care less about they new ones you may be creating.
    There are very obvious imbalances in the classes that you have been put in charge of keeping balanced. If you do not have the time to fix said imbalances then someone needs to pick up the ball here.
    I will tell you now, and I am sure more will tell you in Las Vegas
    We as a community are fed up with being put on hold.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Guess what Aeralik you can set expectations, or severely anger your playerbase. Which sounds better? Weather or not you read a forum, if you do not respond then you are ignoring it. I don't care what you think, it is being ignored. We, the players, never know if you read the boards unlest you post, and if you do not they are being ignored. There is no third option. you have read, and you have ignored.
    On another note I have to agree with the others here, if you do not have the time to fix the freeking MASSIVE GAPS IN BALANCE, find someone who does have the time, because people are ticked off about it
  13. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

EasternKing wrote:
    I think your saying that we should wait two years for a fix, but it's hard to tell because I can't completely understand your post.
  14. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Man, you are smoking something good. Assassins are not far ahead dps wise. I'll put myself against any assassin equally and I will be real close ZW parse.
    Now, I know some damn good assassins who can put up nice numbers, but ZW wise, rangers are more consistent. I find both classes to be equal, for the most part, ZW. Assassins have big edge burst wise, but rangers make it up during longer encounters.
  15. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Starwindz wrote:
    That's pretty wrong actually. I've seen freshly minted 80 Assassins blow cloth dps out of the water that's fully decked in fabled raidgear.

There's no way that should be happening ever.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    I can respect that you are busy, hell I know you are busy but when the same problem exists for years... come on put yourself in our shoes and tell me you wouldn't be pissed when the "fix" you do get ends up being a nerf to our AA leash...
  17. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

evilgamer wrote:
    *chuckles*

I'm sure the QA team had no problem letting said developer's changes to the Assassin class go through without a second glance at balance. Perhaps he bought them all pizza that day or something.

Sheesh.. take off the tin foil hat. That's not how the gaming industry, or any industry for that matter, works. Otherwise, bank managers all over the world would be giving themselves 50% interest rates on their investments and 1% rates on their own mortgages. :p
  18. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

nirate wrote:
    AMEN!

Your losing your player base because of how your priorities are being set. Needless to say I can see a pattern in which classes are far more likely to leave the game, and I'll wager its the same classes your waiting to find time to look into...
  19. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

nirate wrote:
    I have to completely agree with this point.
    I find it somewhat disconcerting that Aeralik's post implied he doesn't have the "free time" to fix issues of which he's well aware. If he doesn't have time to fix those well-known issues ... why isn't someone else being delegated to assist him?
  20. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

Every time someone starts ******** and moaning because they think that there class should be at the top of the parse list, SOE brings out the nerf bat again. Yes Assassin's that i have seen in raids normally sit at the top of the list but the ranger is right behind him in that second spot. They have a number of DOT's, they use poisons, they have 2-3 HIGH hitting attacks. Isnt that why they call them Assassin's? because they can Assassinate?