Best Raid DPS Class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Beagest, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Alphazero68Niner wrote:
    In terms of actual devs (not GMs, not community folk etc) who are currently raiding, I can only think of three.
    Assassin, Ranger and SK.
  2. ARCHIVED-Alphazero68Niner Guest

Hmm, the dev in charge of the SK must be hated...

Time to roll a ranger =) Pew Pew ftw!
  3. ARCHIVED-K3mik4l Guest

Ohiv wrote:
    This is true, it would be about the same as classes with no pets not having combat art mod/spelldamage/crits affect a portion of their attack/arts/spells as I posted in that summoner thread that got locked. A summoner getting 100% spellcrits equals to other classes reaching 70-80% crits. This is just an example, no sophisticated math was used :p The problem disappears (sort of) when a conjurer uses planeshift, pet gets some crits (among other things) and voila, conjurer can be seen doing some dee pee ess again!
  4. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

Well If we are looking at the zonewides for My guild its:
    1. Assassin
    2. Ranger
    3. Other Assasin
    4. Wizard
    5. Coercer
    Its worth noting that we don't currently have an active Warlock or Summoner so I have no frame of reference.
    but thats hardly any kind of real explination of things. Let me lay a few things out for the folks that don't seem to know. Everyone's dps is very situational. Have alot of jousting in a fight? Now Ranger and wizard and Coercer and other classes top assasin. Have a sub 30 second trash mob fight? Assasin wins by a mile and alot of other classes can top the slower starting Ranger and Wizard. Alot of mobs at once? Pretty hard to top a Berzerker, Warlock, Wizard, or Conjurorer. Is a coercer using a good pet? that can be worth about 800 zonewide dps, but could lower their overall dps footprint by far more than that.
    What is a dps footprint? Thats the amount of dps that all your buffs and debuffs and what not add to everyone else. If your Top five Best Raid DPS classes were the running backs and wide recievers of a football team then your Bards and Enchanters and rogues are the offensive line. The backs get all the glory but they don't do crap without the line busting their [I cannot control my vocabulary]. But again its a symbiotic relationship. You couldn't raid very well with all T2 dps with their lower personal dps and huge damage footprint potentials without some T1 guys there to make t hat potential happen and if you tired all Teir 1 dps in a raid they wouldn't be any more effective than a running back with nobody blocking for him. As someone mentioned earlier I would argue that Bards, rogues, and enchanters are your best overall Raid DPS class if the idea is to look at who adds the most to the raidwide zonewide and not look at who gets to have their name at the top of a list.
    All in all though raiding is a team sport and without 24 people some of which are holding the mob in place, others who are keeping everyone alive, folks that a debuffing the mob, folks that are buffing everyone else and a few folks converting all that setup into big shiny damage numbers, you don't win.
  5. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

The raids ive been in usually have more than 1 Assassin, i would say about 3-4. 1 Assassin would normally hit the #1 spot, the other assassin's may not even hit the parse list. Always see Assassins/Wiz/Brigs/Swasys/Locks and on the rare occasion see Guard/Zerker in the top 10. So not ALL assassin's hit the parse list. So cant really says Assassins are overpowered if there is only a few assassins that hit the #1 spot most of the times. As far as soloing with a Wiz/Lock, i know its frustrating to get resisted trying to solo heroics, much less a named, i have a 70 Warlock and she gets resisted with Adept III's in RoK just trying to quest killin solo mobs. ( in a Bill Clinton voice ) I feel your pain.
  6. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

Just out of curiosity, have any of you looked at the leader boards for highest Magical hit? someone hit for over 3 million!!! how in the hell does that happen? and looking at the highest Melee hit, around 110k and 99% of them are assassin's. but comparing at 110k hit to a 3 million magical hit? i almost sharted when i saw that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

Sleap@Befallen wrote:
    There are a few like that listed, and I think that it is - or was - in fact a bug that was never rectified in the display.
    It could also have been one of those bugs where not enough space - bytes or bits - was allowed for in the code, and when it went over that limit it came up with a ridiculous number in the display.
    Being as my highest magical hit ever is around 52K, I definately question those numbers.
  8. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Was that highest magical hit done by a player or an NPC? I'm only asking because I know for a fact that Naggy has hit for over 2 million at least once.
  9. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

there is a number of places the high magical hit can come from....for example the last mob in that T6 raid zone ( Gates of Ahket aken ) you get an item allowing you to do Huge magic hit on him.......i had a 2.9mil hit from that item. Also things like the Volitile Fluids for the Leviathan fight can easily get you a 500k hit.

the 100k + melee hits are from Execute using a bugged set from SoH.

basically......those leader boards tell you nothing....

Re: the topic

I would say the classes that create the most dps for the raid are.....Brigand, Dirge, Illu.

the class that generates the most dps from that raid is...Assasin
  10. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

Charayne@Kithicor wrote:
    Hey dont forget us troubs we do bring alot of dps to others in our group and thats my role.
    But that aside there always has to be one top dpser and right now it asassin, which dont matter to me but what i would like to see is DONT nerf ( nerfing is just the wrong thing to do) them just bring up the other T1 dps folks to their lvl..!!
    I also think there are to many classes in this game but thats just me and for another topic !!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Cambios Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    And worse, threads like this seem designed to try and get people nerfed.
  12. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

For raid guilds without enough to build a group around the casters you only need 1 dps class. Get your tank healers some hate gain and assasins to finish the deal. Brigands will help as will a dirge, but even without those two classes an assasin will do great damage. How well do you think a wizzard will do without buffs / abilities from other classes?? They will die fast and still parse lower then most tanks if they do remain standing. Preds and Rogues need very little support to be great DPS.
  13. ARCHIVED-Skwor Guest

Cambios wrote:
    When a class is overpowered (read melee, specifically scouts now) they should be nerfed.
  14. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Skwor wrote:
    I'm thinking it's probably better to fix the resist rates & mitigation, before they go nerfing classes.
  15. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

ok i have done my first raid with my Assassin at lvl 71. I could not get into the top 10 to save my life. all my spells are Adept III, using mastercrafted poisons, have a fabled wpn and legendary in secondary. T7 MC gear. an illusionist hit that #1 spot every time by atleast 25k. I was also getting out parsed by a Guardian, Ranger, Wizard. so you cant say that assassin's hit that #1 spot 90% of the time if i cant even make the top 10 :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

I like how most of these lists either leave the Warlock off completely, or put us below support classes or tanks.
  17. ARCHIVED-Skwor Guest

Sleap@Befallen wrote:
    Wow...uhmm.. just WOW. There is apples to oranges and then there is this post. Where to start?
    1. What level was everyone else?
    2. What did you raid?
    3. 25K?? DPS?? omg I want to meet that Illy!!
    4. That an Illy hit the number one spot everytime speaks volumes about the nature of whatever raid you where on and it doesn't say accomplished raiders.
    5. Just because a novice assassin on thier first raid who isn't even fully leveled let alone AA'd can't beat some unspecified levels of the mentioned classes in an unknown raid you can now deduce just how effective an assassin is on the high end content........ o_O ?
    These are just the most obvious, since it is your first raid the chances you even had a clue as to what to do are slim to none. I'll go with none in your case. This post does nothing to advance any argument about what any class actually does in a raid and adds no usefull information to any raid perspective.
    The sorcerer DPS issue has not gone away and considering you (the devs) asked for a new issues thread, over a month ago, could you at least be responsible enough to finally provide a substantive reply?
  18. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Noaani wrote:
    The OP asked for the top 5 and you gave 9. As far as the post you quoted, besides conjuror you list the exact same classes.

It's funny every thread like this has people saying, depends on gear group setup blah blah blah. It's like every thread comparing classes needs a giant bold underlined heading that says something like "assume players that know how to play with decent/appropriate group buffs, comparable gear, with 80 levels and 140 achievements built for whatever the thread is comparing, and adept3 or higher skills". When comparing classes like that, this shoud be assumed.

My list of the top 5 raid dps is (in no particular order)

Assassin
    Ranger
    Swashbuckler
    Brigand
    Wizard

I have also seen warlocks, bruisers, monks, and coercers top parses quite often.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Equal skill to me means both players know what all their abilities do and how and when to use them. Appropriate gear relative to each other means they both have gear from similar content. Comparing a raider with the best possible gear in the game from VP and contested and SoH and mythical epic to a raider that has yet to clear Kor'sha is not equal.

But when all is said and done it really comes down to where each player fits in with his raid. Some guilds the monk is always far and ahead of all dps. Some guilds noone can touch the assassin dps. Some guilds the main tank will be the top parser. This is usually due to certain players having better gear, or poor group setups for whatever reason, or the weaker player not knowing how to get the most from there abilities. And it's really not that hard to figure out.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    That's hard to believe when you look at dark elf assassins and the race/class you play. But whatever man.