Armor dyes in RoK

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-RoXxer, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

armor dyes, if they are ever put in need heavy heavy limitations like only usable on made armor during the creation process we dont need people ruining armor by constantly changing their colors, it isnt a freakin tie-dye T-Shirt its armor
  2. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

I vote a big [I cannot control my vocabulary] [size="xx-large"]NO [/size]this game would be better off if the art team did something else, besides retool all of the armor colorability. This game is better off NOT having amour that would match one piece. Can you imagine the cries of NERF from those that did spend the time and effort to collect that gear, and now JoeBLow McKnight comes along, grabs a shoulder piece, and POOF he looks like he spent 500 hours killing this and that while questing for this. Do you think thats fair? You have a choice now. DO I want to look like a misfit but have good stats? DO I want to have a cool neato outfit, but miss out on stats? You can't always have your cake and eat it too. yes yes I know you pay a monthly fee to SOE, yes yes I know, we all do. This is an SOE game, we just play in it. I do not see people returning in droves because now they can dye some cloth/metal/leather. That just sounds ridiculous. I mean..c'mon. Sorry if my post sounds erratic, I lost some IQ reading through 6 pages of crap.
  3. ARCHIVED-KGrob Guest

[p]I'd like to see people be able to customize the looks of their character a bit more. Armor dye is certainly one way to do that. But there are other ways too. I'd like to see players be permitted to allow their characters to have a "Hide-Armor" option where his character can appear Conan-Style, or little miss hottie, with a skimpy outfit. BUT...they would still get the benefit of their armor (it would be like the hood command). That would be cool. Let them look buff or hot if they want.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-AdmiralWilbur Guest

Please keep armor dyes out of EQ2!
  5. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

<3 the annual armor dye for current upcoming expansion thread.
  6. ARCHIVED-natashabu Guest

I really love the idea of customizable armor with different hues that you could personalize. I hope they do introduce it sometime in the future, anything that can make your toon that much more unique.
  7. ARCHIVED-TheOnlySariah Guest

I dont want armour dyes but I would like the ability to chose the colors of my crafted items. THAT would rock. A tailor should have had this option from the get-go IMO.
  8. ARCHIVED-VampiressAnn Guest

[p]i am in favor of armor dyes.[/p][p]i would like to see them added into the game , in this expansion.[/p][p]i also would like them to get the crafters involved in making some of the more rare colors.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Pauleh Guest

Then 90% of the server will be wearing black armor.
  10. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Goetia@Venekor wrote:
    Yes they will!!
  11. ARCHIVED-FlamingDuck Guest

Goetia@Venekor wrote:
    Would you rather have 90% of the server be forced to wear clown suits like now?
  12. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

And, to crush people's hopes of getting dyes (again), here's the latest answer from EQ2 Alla's dev chat : <Calthine> About a kajillion people ask: Are there any plans to add Armor Dyes? <Lyndro> Short answer: no. <kiara> lol <Lyndro> Longer answer: probably not. <Raven> hehehe <Lyndro> Longest answer: We like for the color of your armor to be recognizable. When you see that Shadowknight run by with the hot pink pants, you know which pants she is wearing. On a side note, our lead character artist, Lotus, has been putting a lot of time and effort into removing the “clown” armor sets from the game. So you shouldn’t actually see any more hot pink pants. <Gallenite> Longest answer yet: When a game developer makes armor for a game, they need to build support for tintability in from the get go. Thematic reasons aside, it's also not something that's feasible for EQ2 without us redoing a prohibitively large amount of armor. <Gallenite> Since it's not logistically possible, it's not a road we've decided to pursue. Hope that explains a bit more.
  13. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

I *warned* you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you *knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *colour change*, isn't it?
  14. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

sweeeet music to my ears
  15. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

I can understand this from both sides of the field. PRO: Armor dye helps diverse your character so your not like everyone else (we all wish to be different. THis is just one of the many ways). CON: Some colors are way to extreme (i once saw a plate wearer in EQ1 with each piece of their armor dyed in rainbow pride colors...). IDEAS: Armor dyes should have their colors pre-chosen by the game (this way you don't have outrageous colors). Dyes should be crafted by alchemists since they make potions anyway. There should be a resolvent to remove the dye if your not happy with it. Dying the armor it's self is a better approach then dying the slot. COMMENT: As long as Rose, Emerald, and Royal Purple dyes are available i will be happy. They don't go good together but 1 per each character or outfit is ok. I keep a full outfit of Emerald Hide armor in my bank cuz i love the color.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Mirander_1 wrote:
    Just thought I'd emphasise this little part, to give people some hope of armor improving in the short- to mid-term.
  17. ARCHIVED-Denxanmmo Guest

After reading that developer chat, I'm glad to hear two things. A. They're not implementing dyes. Thank god. B. They're working to "de-clown" armor. Thank god.
  18. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

i agree, armor dyes are just way to avoid making unique armor. I'm glad they aren't going that route
  19. ARCHIVED-Black Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

I'm in COMPLETE agreement with the main poster. Dyes would be awesome! Finally my character wouldnt' HAVE to look like a comlpete idiot unless I wanted him to. Even if I have nice fabled gear, I still dont necessarily match. I still look stupid. Man I hate that.