Armor dyes in RoK

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-RoXxer, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Jeenyous Guest

Whether or not we should have "dyes" specifically isn't the point. The can or cannot be done argument goes on and on with that. Let's assume it cannot. Fine.
    However, there are other similar ideas out there that can work and provide the desired effect to those who wish to use them. What is wrong with that? Well, nothing I suppose.
    I agree. So, if you want blue boots, red shoulders and green gloves at max level, be my guest. Personally, I'd rather not look that way. Therefore, SOE should provide something in that regard as well and RoK is a perfect opportunity to squeeze it in. This especially with their advertised newer armor / weapon sets and maybe guild cloaks as well I would think. Along those lines, I certainly hope they provide more guild emblems, edging and patterns along with this expansion too and give guilds a one-time free opportunity to change their guild cloaks with any new changes that may be introduced.
    But back on the subject of having armor styles and colors mesh well with one another, yes, something definitely needs to be done here. I'm tired of the hideous newbie patchwork lucky charms look. I can't even bear to view a screenshot of my character nor anybody else's that looks that way no matter the stats on them nor where those pieces come from.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vifarc Guest

Let the dye colors follow the worshippings ?? Example: For Tunare toons, you can lay some green on your stuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-KGrob Guest

[p]I wouldn't mind having dyes in the game...but...I'd like SOE to stay away from the really wild stuff...it might be okay to have a little trim that is bright...but other than that, subdued colors would be best.[/p][p]Although adding dye would be nice, I consider many other items to be a much higher priority (in terms of interest) to players.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Vorlak Guest

[p]just make the armor, leather, cloth, or plate that is player crafted the only dyable items in the game but they have to dye them when the item is made.[/p][p]just make an optional componet field in the tradeskill combine window. Allows you to open up options for future ideas like making armor with certain stats on it or player crafted procs/adornements.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-artemiszion1982 Guest

[p]I do not have the time from work to go through 10 pages of posts so if this has already been stated then forgive me.[/p][p]I would love to see dyes implemented but ONLY if it was kept in nutral colors don't allow the Neon colors and the hot pinks, we can match without having to look hidious, and after all how much woese could it be then the clown syndrom we have going on now.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

Neutral colors is fine, Im just tired of walking around like a clown with all sorts of colors on me! FFS, this could even be a new artisan class! Crafting players are practically begging for new stuff. This could be it??
  7. ARCHIVED-iksar hammer Guest

I remember back even in Neverwinter Nights you could design your own clothes with model, skin and colors. Now, 6 ( ? ) years later, not even close!?
  8. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

I'm in the yes camp for armour dyes. However, it does need to be implemented right - I don't want to see the ogre tanks looking like court jesters like they did in EQ1. I also like the idea of the chest item setting the tone of the rest of the body. It'd be great if you could change the textures as well - like cloth or chain or plate for the whole body. Hmm, perhaps I'll start a new thread "Armour texture's in RoK" :twisted:
  9. ARCHIVED-FlamingDuck Guest

[p]Dye is the no#1 thing that desperately needs to be implemented in this game. The poor variety and quality of the armor in EQ2 is its biggest weakness, the worst out of any MMO I'm afraid to say. The fact that there is only 1 robe model and seemingly only one plate armor model and leather model that is pretty butt-ugly to boot is incredibly disappointing I mean its been so many years now and nothing has been done about it? Yes this skeletal revamp takes time no doubt but how long has it been now, honestly? Years. So many people are dying for this. [/p][p]This is an amazing game that constantly improves but its sad its being let down by the ugliest armors and the worst lack of variety in them in existence. I have no doubt it puts off alot of potential players from playing the game; looking cool in your gear is important for a tonn of people. My necromancer has an awful slime green robe that's embarassing to wear and its frustrating that I can't change it to something more evil looking because it has the better stats. My coercer is wearing a bright yellow and red robe and I look like little red riding hood, not very scary at all. SOE need to put this on their priority list it's obvious its a really big concern by the community, its been too long now. [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Im Gold, Blue, White, Red, Balck ......... Can be more Fact if there where armor dies like in EQ, the rainbow Characters would be lessoned Greatly.. Im an SK, Not rainbow Warrior. Armor dies would be great to get rid of the eye sore that is today.
  11. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

FlamingDuck wrote:
    Not exactly what could be called "true". There are many many models of all these items. Armour comes in dozens of styles, and Robes differ considerably (though god knows robes are the games great weakness visually)
  12. ARCHIVED-FluffyGoat Guest

MAke armor dye happen! I don't care how difficult it is, you made boats happen, now make the number 1 thing the community has been screaming about happen too. Most people running around look like CRAP with mismatching colors..FIX IT SOE! You people saying no are seriously crazy... Are you against character customization too? *mind boggle*
  13. ARCHIVED-LevLo Guest

I think Dyes would be welcome edition. The more customization the better. And Eq2 isn't exactly blooming with Customization to begin with. The problem lies in the way the models/textures work in game as all ready mentioned plenty of times. However there have been some misinformation around that issue It is true that there are separate meshes/models for each race (including SOGA) in this game i.e there would be around 50 different meshes for the Guardian Relic BP. Now here is the thing, that doesn't mean there are 50 textures for the Guardian Relic BP. It is most likely 1 texture maybe 2 the second being for SOGA. So although we are still talking a huge amount of work, it is far from what previously stated.
  14. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

OH OH OH Hey guys i've got an AWESOME IDEA scroll down to see it [size="xx-large"]NO! [/size][size="xx-large"][size="small"]but seriously wait for the armor revamp...then if you look bad then you can cry about armor dyes till the cows come home nd i wont stop ya, but dont cheapin the new armor with armor dyes. Oh and for you freaks saying Dyes are the future...dyes are the past EQL and DAoC had them, no next gen MMO has/needs them[/size] [/size]
  15. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Sashtan@Mistmoore wrote:
    The list of things people said will never come back gets longer every expansion. People just knew gods would never return. AA, epics and ports all got snide remarks until they were announced. Dyes most certainly are the future because character customization is the future. As the fantasy MMO genre ages it will become more and more of the same old ideas in new packages. Character customization is already a selling point. My god, it was the bulk of EQ2's whole pre-release campaign. You didn't get the character creation CD because they had a warehouse of blank CDs and nothing else to put on them. Let's not pretend that what WoW has or doesn't have dictates the future of every MMO. What we can do is pretend that you speak for every "next gen" MMO because I am sure that you do. What you think doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that EQ2 used character customization as one their top selling points. We can make the nose we want and some races have a whole bunch of beards, amazing. Asking for armor options so people don't look like fools is a pretty fair thing to do in a game that bragged about its character customization. They will do something sooner or later to address it. They're already streamlining people into armor sets to cut down on the patchwork train wreck that was KoS legendary. Maybe it will be dyes and maybe it will be something else. I really put my money where my mouth is on this issue. In EQ1 I used Thurg armor for the black chain look until dyes came in and yes, I passed on things that people wouldn't believe. I did the same thing in EQ2 with relic. I liked the xegonite chain look so passed on relic until we started to destroy the zones and most of it would have rotted otherwise. I was a rogue though in each situation though so it was alright. Other classes don't have that luxury. If "freaks" want a better way to customize their character and you, the MMO insider doesn't agree with it... I don't know... maybe zip it and let them speak their mind?
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

[p]Well, this discussion is certainly bringing out the passion! What would be interesting now is what the Dev's think/know/are/aren't going to do.[/p][p]Any takers, Dev types? I challenge yer to dip yer toe into the fray :twisted:[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest

People keep mentioning EQ1 "Sony messed up dyes in EQ1, and they wont bring them to EQ2' that was like 6 years ago, so I'm sure SOE has learned something new from that, Dyes, if done right, could totally kick ***
  18. ARCHIVED-Droka Guest

[p][size="xx-large"]NO[/size][/p][p][size="small"]Please never ever ever ever let people color thier armor outside the game idea. It ruins atmosphere. If by some chance you decide to listen to these people, then let me be able to toggle it off.[/size][/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-troodon Guest

I'm in the same boat as most people: armor dyes would be a good addition provided they are given limitations. The way armor matches now it's already absurd, dyes will only make things look better
  20. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

[p]Wonderfull :)[/p][p]This topic made some use. Now just some dev love <3[/p]