Armor dyes in RoK

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-RoXxer, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-CompStomp Guest

[p]I think Dyes would be a cool idea. i dont think we should have the option of changing models or anything, cause then it just robs us of being able to recognize armor. I think if you dyed armor any color without changing the shape of the model, you could still tell what it was. I personally would like to see some all white chainmail for T7, havnt seen a bit of it. im from a pvp server, and its very true, you can measure your opponent by what hes wearing, without inspecting him, but if done right, you would still be able to, maybe not change the whole color of the armor, maybe just a portion, arm band area on arms, shins on leggings, chest area on chest ect. knuckles or fingerless gloves for hand slot. would make it look alot cooler, im sure everyone has a kind of theme for their character, would be nice if the players got to have some creative input to our own armor to match our character's personality/theme.[/p][p]Its pretty unfair to say i dont want to see a pink fairy zerker ect. . that person isnt doing anything to you, theyre just trying to enjoy themselves. and yea its pretty rediculous with everyone running around looking mismatched, and well just UGLY. so color dyes get my vote, least for portions of the armor, probably the surfaces easiest to alter were the ones i mentioned.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

/Agree. The Ability to dye armour and Clothing is a must. I think from what I remember it should be technically possible to do this when they do the Model revamp.. (urr last summer that was supposed to be done I believe))
  3. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Rlaal@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The only estimate given is "Perhaps by the end of 2007" I believe. I'd guess we'll see it with the release of RoK, since they tend to push out huge friggin haulovers with the exp packs. ;) And it would be nice to see a visual haulover instead of a mechanics one. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Kalem Guest

[p]I've been wanting armor dyes since the game went live. I think the great majority of us look goofy running around with pieces of armor that clash. It just looks beyond silly, and nothing like what you'd envision a heroic character to be dressed up as. I like the comparison to a Christmas tree...I have to agree with that.[/p][p]Get rid of the hot colors, like hot pink, so that it doesn't get out of hand like it did in EQ. Heck limit it to 4 basic colors, at least that would allow us to match up our armor.[/p][p]Would it be hard for them to do? No doubt. Is it worth it? Heck yeah. I see complains on other gaiming boards about how bad the models in EQ2 look. The biggest gripe is the mismatched armor.[/p][p]Other games have done it (DAoC, Vanguard, LoTRO), and I'm sure others. It can be done.[/p][p]I've been gone from the game for some time now. One of the first things I checked when I returned was if the dyes had been implemented. I was rather disappointed to find out they hadn't.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-bunnykiller69 Guest

[p]I 100% agree Dyes are a must, I hate having to wear a color because of stats I actually carry 3 robes around because when fighting as a 70 raider I need the best stats I can get but hate the color of my best robe, so when I get to town I switch robes, I rather have the choice to dye my stuff.[/p][p] [/p][p]Basic choices that we need[/p][p] [/p][p] 1 Black 2 White 3 Blue 4 Grey 5 Green 6 Red 7 Yellow 8 Orange[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

[p]Actually =) due to the way EQ2's armors are made 90% (maybe more) of the time if you dyed your armor people would think you were wearing a different set of armor because so many of the models look just the same except for the coloration. You'd still be forced to examine people to figure out what gear they actually have on. Even some EOF fabled sets look IDENTICAL in model to items you can wear in your low 60s, just different coloration.[/p][p]Dyes could be great, if implimented well. They could also be a horror. I personally don't care either way, I'm in armor that I'll likely have until at least sometime in november and it matches up well enough for me. =) [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

Yep, Im also carrying robes around because of the ****** mismatch of the color of what Im wearing as a raider..
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Lotus has confirmed that they are working on a new system that will allow players to choose the appearance they want everyone to see them as, regardless of what they're actually wearing. Expect to see something in the next year or so.
  9. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

[p] Wooot! Linkage please![/p][p] Sounds like basically.......ARMOR DYES!! :D[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-CireNamyn Guest

It's not armor dyes. From what I gathered from Fan Faire it is going to be set up as a sort of secondary inventory system. For instance, you can essentially have 2 pieces of armor for every slot. The primary slot will have your effective armor with stats and such. The secondary slot will be used as the display piece that is shown on your toon. Not sure on any other specifics though.
  11. ARCHIVED-Uumuuanu Guest

[p]Lets hope its not armor dye. However, I would like to be able to tell my tailor I dont need the stupid CROTCHFLAP on my pants. I am about ready to rip them to shreds trying to take that stupid thing off.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Barrison@Everfrost wrote:
    That would be neat. Fulginate was always my favorite set. Green and dark armor is pretty hard to pull off without looking gaudy or cliche but they nailed it and added some character to it with dents and slashes.
  13. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

Crotchflap... :shock: Just think of it as the curtain that when raised, reveals the star of the show!
  14. ARCHIVED-Valere Illumina Guest

[p]Why not have dyes ?[/p][p] [/p][p]What people of what country in all of the worlds history, did not use dyes? Take a look at any given person from even the remotest and strangest places on earth, and if this person wears any sort of clothings, you will undoubtedly find some dyed things there.. If not, then just dyes this person can paint their body with.[/p][p] Some wants to stand out more, others want to blend in more. Thats just how it is..[/p][p]Hot pink, it can scar an eye, for sure.. However, I am yet to see any piece of equipment in EQ2, that stands out in a crowd, as do Queen's Carapace! If you don't know it, look it up on the broker and ctrl + click it..[/p][p]Throughout mankinds history of Fantasy and imagination, did everything blend into one?[/p][p] [/p][p]I beg to differ![/p][p]Dyes are a fantastic idea, add some natural limitations though, and a "reuse" time on the ability to dye. And ofcourse, make it more costly with level and quality of armor (Treasured, Legendary, Fabled).[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Valere Illumina wrote:
    [p] Cave men for one. They basicly only wore animal hides. [/p][p] [/p][p]According to Wikipedia, the Furthest records of the known uses of natural dyes for clothing was about 5000 years ago.[/p][p]The first known evidence of creating more advanced forms of clothing beyong simple furs and hides started near the end of the Neolithic era at the end of the Stone Age.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Valere Illumina wrote:
    As to the post about an up coming change to allow us to have "Fluff" armor slots and "Stat" armor slots that is exscatly the plan, from what was said at Fan Fair. Basicly, you will now have 14 "armor" slots, 7 will be where you put your Real Armor, and the other 7 will be where you put your "looks good" armor, and you will have the ablity to toggle wich set you would like to show. This is planed to come in "sometime after" the skelital revamp goes live, wich, except for Sarnak, will be sometime after RoK most likly IMO next year, so I would not be suprized if we are still asking about the Alternate Armor thing at the next Fan Fair(assumeing its in Aug again)
  17. ARCHIVED-Willias Guest

Next year?
  18. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I would be careful using Wikipedia as a source.

"Cave men" used powdered minerals as coloring mixed with bonding agents. With more than twenty thousand years of artistic applications on cave walls I would be willing to bet that some red and black made its way into clothing. Especially in hierarchical societies that had very limited ways to express themselves.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]Yeah I'm just as skeptical about using Wiki as well, but it is still the best source out there. I remember reading in my Western Civ class in high school though, that the Neolithic era was when man started to develop it's first civilizations. First advanced forms of housing, farming technology, advances in making clothes and such.[/p][p]I'm going off topic though.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

It's an armor dye in EQ2 thread. Anything is a welcome change from yes, no, Yes, No, YES, NO, YES!, NO!. :x