Armor dyes in RoK

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-RoXxer, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]Actually, De-Clowning the armors is exactly what they shouldn't be doing.[/p][p] [/p][p]If they wont give us armor dyes (not that I want them), then what they SHOULD do is give us armor sets that actually are different colors.[/p][p] [/p][p]Lets face it folks. This game only has three colors: Black, Grey, and Brown. If a set of armor actually was vibrant pink or green, that would be a welcomed change. There are metals in nature that are tinted green. It wouldn't be hard to make a suit of plate or chain armor with a greenish tint to it.[/p][p]I'm actually glad that the Paladin Relic armor is a Green Bay Packers Yellow color. it gives variety and diversity.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

[p]I think you need a new monitor if you think "This game only has three colors: Black, Grey, and Brown. "[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]No, I mean it. Everywhere you look, all the armors are either black, grey, brown, or any combonation of the three. They're all dark colors. Oh sure, you'll see the occasional red or purple on a mage class but its the plate armors that stand out the most.[/p][p] [/p][p]We need vibrant colors. They wont give us armor dyes, but that doesn't mean they can't develop the armor colors we want for us.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Thats what I have been saying all along. There is just too much that needs to be redone in order to add armor dyes.. even more then I thought it seems.
  5. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

But there are many coloured/tinted plates and chains and leathers etc. many many many
  6. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

You know how you can choose not to render cloaks or turn your own off? Dyes should work like that if possible. If you don't like how that pink ogre looks then turn it off. :p
  7. ARCHIVED-quasigenx Guest

Why not just allow us to pick one of the many other bitmaps for the same armor model? Presto, no technical problems. Example: I have been wearing the same breastplate model since T3. Just let me pick from all the available bitmaps that already exist. I know this model has at least 5 different colors that I have personally used.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

I kinda like that idea i heard here the other day about matching your armor pieces. Basically you would go to a NPC and be presented with a window a lot like the mender window. You pick a piece of armor and apply its texturing to all the other pieces. But they all have to be the same type of armor. You can't turn cloth into plate. :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Vatec Guest

Very simply, it annoys me to have a mismatched hodge-podge of armor. It's bad enough that half the armor models look alike: my level 13 Ogre Shadowknight in iron looks -exactly- the same as my level 5 Ogre Guardian in tin and very similar to my level 24 Barbarian Berserker in carbonite and hearth-forged. But if I find a nice set of treasured or fabled bracers, all of a sudden I've got green forearms. OK, that I guess I can live with, though it would be nice if I could get green greaves to match. But then I find a helm, which turns out to be black. OK, turn off headgear. Now I've found a breastplate with great stats. But it's kind of brassy yellow-orange. So now I've got everything silver except for the green forearms and yellow chest. Blah. If people want to look that way, fine. But give me some options here. I don't really =care= if everyone can take one look at me and see that I have Bracers of Green Uberness and a Breastplate of Brassy Boldness. Let me pick one =look= and apply it to the whole suit. It's one of the few things I really like about the robe classes: they put on their robes and can hide the purple sleeves, green bracers, and orange pants. Well, OK, it's more like pale mauve sleeves, muted green bracers, and dull burnt orange pants. Because everything in EQ2 is pastels and muted colors. But that's a different issue ;^) So, I'd say the simplest answer is, since most chest armors are parts of sets anyway, let us choose to either show all the individual pieces or just the set that goes with the chest piece. An option in the Persona Detail window to "Match limbs to torso?" would be perfect....
  10. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

[p]Very much disappointing Lyndro and Gallenite. The answer disgusts me, as I see people acting the same way like many of the trolls in this thread and talking about how people would tint themselves pink etc. It shows how little you care about playing eq2 and dont know a sh*t about the community. Most of us are not your typical wowdude and we care more about looking the way we want rather than annoying other people by going all pink. [/p][p]You already put the Fae in remember? the "jollypop colorfreaky butterflies". Shadowknights with pink pants or Shadowknights with pink wings, hair and eyes, tell me what is more SK-like will you? how come armor dyes would be different?[/p][p]Lotus removing clown armor sets? What about the 95% of us that never really had an entire set? We still have to look like rediculous clowns! Why cater the 5% when you can give love to all of us?[/p][p]"Logistically possible" lol! sorry, but somehow those words make me laugh. Sounds like it would be quite a job yes. But its a great addition to the game, and me and many others could be 6 months or more without any additions to the game if you implemented dyes. Yes it is that important (to a big portion of us. not the trolls that show no respect to any wishes but their own)[/p][p]You probably didnt bother reading this thread yet. One of the biggest requesting threads for months with 169 posts atm. But once you saw "dyes" mentioned in the text you avoided it? You thought "oh ****, they want us to put many hours developing new armor now again"[/p][p]Atleast consider adding dyes for crafted armor?[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

i laugh at you ha ha ha ha ha =D
  12. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I translate "logistically possible" as that they have a hundred more important things to do than redoing every single piece of armor in the game in a project that actually adds nothing to the gameplay itself.
  13. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

erm... you just described the most selfish viewpoint possible (no other changes to get your own pet want) then called other people selfish. Think about that.
  14. ARCHIVED-mamasan Guest

Neverwinter Nights had armor dyes, many types of armors that devs (developers of their own worlds that they could then put up on on their own servers and run online or with close friends, Devs in this case doesnt mean the Bioware staff) could put in game and make them look like they wanted. Dont like those shoulders? Change them, idinvidually. If you made a char that could craft, you could change your own armor to look the way you wanted and dye it the color you wanted. If NWN can do it, why not a fullblown MMO?
  15. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

[p]Armor Dyes a must. People have been requesting this for years.[/p][p]SWG had it, and yes some people did ridiculus colors, however, most did cool stuff.[/p][p]The Devs pathetic response of color abuse and recognizing items is truly disappointing.[/p][p]I dont care is the visually obscene item is Ultra-Fable or not, I wanna look good.[/p][p]Very important that my chars look sweet. There have been times i bought a piece of[/p][p]armor from the broker, put it on, took it off and sold it, because it looked horrible.[/p][p] [/p][p]Any DEV response indicating they cant do really means laziness, since older games did, including[/p][p]SOE's own SWG. Your lack of previous foresight(engine doesnt allow as is) is no excuse for making pathetic [/p][p]excuses on why you cannot do what your customers ([size="small"]people that pay you[/size]) have wanted for years.[/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

[p]one more thing....[/p][p] If the ogre with pink armor is fun to play with or talk 2,[/p][p]then ill pick him/her over an orginal color scheme character[/p][p]that acts like an assss any day of the week.[/p][p] [/p][p]Hence, a colorful exterior is much more palatable (intended)[/p][p]then an annoying interior.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Emerok Guest

[p]I haven't read every single post of this long *** thread but i have a suggestion.[/p][p] Couldn't the developers just make 'newly' designed armor models placed into the game from here on out able to be dyed by crafters, etc. This eliminates the tedious task of recoloring the "current" armor models in the game. Isn't this feasible?[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

QFT. Didn't the devs say with the way EQ2 handles armor models that it is impossible?
  19. ARCHIVED-Livany Guest

[p]Developers said they would never release dyes in eq2, please keep to that, dyes are a horrible idea. I love my unique armor look and seeing a pink beserker fairy will make me vomit.[/p][p] They already make armor have unique looks and styles, they are fine how they are, don't change something that's not broken. Keep the creative mind and never ever let players choose their colors, it's just ack.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-gaitano Guest

Livany wrote:
    Not to be rude but your commenting on characters having unreal colors like a pink berserker and you have Laps Dance as your name? LOL