Announcing "EQII Mobile" for your phone!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tayani Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    I have a blackberry storm2, an Iphone 4 and a Droidx and my daughter's i-touch.

I have personally used the app on both the droid and the iphone. I was unable to attain it for the blackberry, hence why I said it is not available as an app. The iphone app either works as intended, or the screen goes completely blank and it will not load. The same is true when I tried the app on my daughters I-touch. Droid STILL ( as of this morning) crashing constantly, unable to see anyone reply to me in chat(s) (Guild, Homeshow etc) when it DOES work. I have in fact uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the droid 3 times thus far trying to get it to work more smoothly.
    As for the account hack, I said ISOLATED reports, You call it rumors, I call it someone reporting in this thread that his account was hacked shortly after installing the app. Isolated does not = wide spread.
    Back to the droid issue - If you read back some, I am not the only one who is telling you the droid app needs some love. It DOES need some love. I will go to the forum via the link you've posted and state these issues there as well.

Thanks for your reply.

-Starley

*EDIT*
    I clicked your link a few times and was directed to a blank white page with the following on it:
    $request.getRequestDispatcher("default/index.ftl").forward($request, $response)
  2. ARCHIVED-Jynnan Guest

Starley@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yes, I think you missed the posts from people who HAVE downloaded this app on Android and are not having any particular problems with it - like me for instance. Works just fine and looks really nice too! It's not perfect yet, but it's also less than a week in the open market.
    Please don't post rubbish like the above unless you actually know what you're talking about, otherwise you look like a fool.
  3. ARCHIVED-mjlinton2 Guest

The problems you have with the mobile app isnt going to get fixed unless you post under the new forums. You will actually get a response over there not here
  4. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Charlice@Unrest wrote:
    I know it bugs you that EQ2Players hasn't been fixed for a while, but I do want you to realize that the dev team has nothing to do with that site other than supplying the data used in the tables there.
    There are a huge number of competing priorities within SOE, all trying to grab the resource share from the group that would have to do this work...and unfortunately, EQ2Players keeps sliding down the list. (For example, in recent history, DC Universe was winning all those priority issues for obvious reasons.)
    We are still maintaining that we want the work done, and in fact, the group responsible for that site keeps asking for wish lists and trying to make it a priority, but they don't always get to prioritize their own pipeline.
    So...don't give up hope. Everyone wants it fixed and personally, I keep making the case that it should be fixed. One day, we'll win that priority battle.
  5. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

They changed the forum link. Sorry for directing you to it.
    As soon as I get the updated link, I'll post it. Stay tuned!
  6. ARCHIVED-Leaflett Guest

Here's the thing. You go to a burger joint and you order a burger. The burger is cold, and you complain to the manager.
    The manager tells you "Sorry, it's corporate headquarters that sets the grill temperature. We have no control over that."
    As a customer, do you really care who's fault it is that the burger is cold? Is it the customer's fault that different departments within the corporation are out of sync?
    So it's really a copout (not to mention unprofessional IMHO) to pass the buck like that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ritalyn Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    So we have a company that runs an online MMO and cant even manage to fix a webpage?
    Thats pretty sad TBH
  8. ARCHIVED-DuneWarrior Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Look, i appreciate the part about corporate resources and so forth, i appreciate you telling us that "We want it done".. HOWEVER lets rewind just a little okay? Someone PAYED AFK interactive ... and i sure think its the same corporation that keep telling you they cant fix your face to the world ? realize that while you call it eq2players it IS also Everquest2.com, that is the exact same website.

Basically your telling us that you cant fix your public presence, the website that should be the be all and end all for Everquest 2 - be that Everquest 2 Live or X - That you have NO control over how your public facade is working or not working, but you CAN put money into making a - and i know this is probably going to upset some - what appears to be broken and mediocre Phone App?
    That the powers that be want an App SO BADLY that you couldn't tell them that they would gain more by putting the same amount of money into fixing the website? Even IF your devs have already spilled the beans and informed us all that there is a new way of acquiring the EQ2 data and that hopefully the web page will be updated someday? Hell apparently the back end system is AVAILABLE but just not being used... ?

Your actually telling us that you have no influence what so ever on the fact that instead of fixing something EVERYONE can use, you focus on creating something new - that appear very badly QA'ed (again) - that only a select part of us can use.. and that those people could ACTUALLY have accessed the Everquest2.com ?
    Seriously? Really? Its all about priorities, and very often it seems to me you guys are not really in touch with what your audience want at all.
  9. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

10. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Zaktull@Najena wrote:
    I'm sorry that you don't like the explanation of why it hasn't been done to-date. I run the dev team and I integrate with the other departments in this quite-large company. When other departments have priorities that I can't change, I have to live within those constraints.
    This dev team does *everything* it can to make things great for you. I probably should have just not said anything and let the EQ2Players conversation go on like it has for months, but I wanted to tell you the status so you knew what was going on and not just living in a vaccum of info.
    So that's the unvarnished reality. If you don't like that, there's nothing I can do about it...currently. I have not given up. The dev team has not given up on it either. And the company wants to improve EQ2Players because everyone knows it would be better for the game if it was fixed.
    That's all there is to say on it. I'm not sure exactly what you'd like me to say to make you happy. It would be easy to lie to you and spin a half-truth that seems acceptable to all involved. I didn't do that because I thought you'd appreciate truth.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    I'll fix EQ2Players for you.
  12. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Peak@Nagafen wrote:
    Cool! :)
  13. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    can you specify why we keep gettting pushed downt he list. outside of DCUO and Freerealms we shoul d take priority over any of the other games that dont have near the fan/player base as we do. Also SOE is a huge company that makes millions if not more in profits a year. WHY I SAY WHY is ther only 1 team with an obviously very small team working on ALL the web sites.. I mean really is this the lame excuse you want to use?
  14. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Ive highlighted the parts that concern me the most here.

If Blizzard, Rift, Funcom, Mythic, LOTRO, DDO can all have a functioning website, why in Vulcan can we not get ours fixed. I mean really Everquest 2 is an online game, SOE is a GAMING company and they ... honestly... cannot get our web site fixed? I can understand a small delay but we are talking months and months goign on almost a year.... SIR that is just appaling by todays standards
  15. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

Dave,
    Your honesty in this situation is actually quite refreshing.
    I understand that you are in a very difficult position. You were thrust into a leadership role of a game that has been out for 6+ years and your influence is limited to the actual game development. You apparently have no control over the marketing and ancillary issues (eq2players.com, etc) and this must be very frustrating because these are some key issues that we as the players have right now.
    The fact you are willing to stick your neck out and say something that you know will incur some wrath says that you have a backbone.
    So, here is our issue... How do we tell Smed to pull his head out of his behind and make his "baby" - EverQuest (EQ2)- the game he helped create and launch and which is the whole reason SOE exists, his priority? SOE has wasted 6 years not marketing a beautiful game and has had higher ups wish it was World of Warcraft and done everything in their power to make it more like WoW. Instead of taking the attitude of "We're better than WoW" they have been racing to the bottom, chasing the customer who isn't going to play EQ2 because its just like WoW. We as players see in chat channels people saying all the time that the EQ2 community is so much better than the WoW community and that is why they came over to play EQ2 or stopped playing WoW because its played by 9 year olds.
    Tell us who we can assault with our wrath over how they have treated us. Let us help to make this the best damned MMO in existence. We don't want to play WoW. We want SOE to stop trying to make us play WoW and we want SOE to make this their flagship game as it always should have been.
  16. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

I can appreciate the fact that it is not the development team's fault, but to be honest, it's simply mind boggling how a company like SOE can accept having a broken homepage for one of their flagship games. If they can't handle it with the in-house resources, they have to throw up the money to get someone externally to fix it. It's just an utter embarassment!
  17. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Malificant@Unrest wrote:
    /Just not gonna happen, it's too late, 6 + years EQ2 is on the downslope of it's life.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mezza Guest

Yup I can understand that you do not have the control to ramp this up and get it sorted yourself but surely you can request that the guy that does, post here with a reason, no? Whoever it is that allows a broken homepage (pretty much the only thing telling the world EQ2 even exists)to slip down the priority list is incompetent. When people hear about EQ2 what is the first thing they will do to get further information?
    It really is a sorry state of affairs. With each passing month I wonder if it is really keeping up the subscription on this game as it certainly isn't being put towards anything that seems to benefit me. Take the last 6 months subs I have paid, what did I get for this? Certainly no meaningful GU's to speak of and now we are expected to just keep trusting in the hope something good does happen or something meaningful gets fixed? I still haven't pre ordered the new xpac as I haven't seen anything to amaze me yet, in fact I simply haven't seen anything at all and I play the game. Laughable really.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Smokejumper:
    Could you possibly find one of the web developers, bribe em with a 12 pack, and get them to fix the signatures? Even an entry level web developer should be able to find and fix the bug that's been in the signatures for ages. Here's what a sig looks like:
    [IMG]
    Notice these blocks:
    • SigNPCKills:
    • SigItemsCrafted:
    • SigDiscoveriesGame:
    • SigDiscoveriesServer:
    All they have to do is find where it's putting this on the image and replace "SigNPCKills" with "NPC Kills". We're talking four places in the code to fix it. This should be simple.
    The reason I mention the signature is because there are those who use these signatures on other websites. They're spreading the brokenness of Everquest2.com beyond the boundry of Everquest2.com. Any site where these are used is an embarassment for EQ2. Anyone can look at this and see how easy it would be to fix.
    I personally don't use the signatures but I cringe everytime I come across one because of the "Sig" bug.
    Let me know if you need me to pitch in for the 12 pack. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Dethdlr@Kithicor wrote:
    +1 ill toss in a 10 spot and we can make it a case!!