Announcing "EQII Mobile" for your phone!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Hi, folks!
    A very cool announcement for you today!
    Have you ever been on the road and missed a guild meeting because you couldn’t log into the game? Would you like to show off your character to a friend but you’re too far from a computer? Do you feel like chatting with in-game friends, but from the comfort of your living room instead of at your computer?
    Ta-da! Welcome to “EQII Mobile”. Your friendly EverQuest II companion for your mobile phone, brought to you by the folks at AFK and SOE.
    • Access to all Live chat channels within the game, and the ability to make your own for private conversations.
    • See the online status of all your friends.
    • Keep up with your guild: Guild roster, summary, and guild chat channels!
    • In-game Mailbox access!
    • See any of your characters, all their stats, inventory, achievements, and more!
    • Access to the world map and all game zone details.
    • And more!
    AND IT’S FREE!!! (Really!)
    So go check out the www.EQIIMobile.com site and download yours today! Enjoy!
    =====================
    UPDATE ON SERVER STABILITY STATUS (1/28, 9:29am):
    Hi, folks,
    The AFK folks resolved some stuff but the logging of crashes caused the drive to fill up last night and that's why there was a service outage.
    That's fixed now, but the team realizes they still have some load issues. They're picking at those now and stability will continue to improve throughout the day (it's already way better today than it was yesterday).
    So please go ahead and log in periodically and see if it's better. It will get better!
    ======================
    NEW EQII MOBILE FORUM SITE
    New information on the phone app will be available at:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...?category_id=55.
    Discussions about the app and its features will take place there also!
    See you there!
  2. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

Would be all over this, except there is not a version for WebOS Palm phones. Would love to see one!
  3. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Any chance you could remove "Free to Play" out of that page's <title> ?
    Cool app though, I'll have to grab it.
  4. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Not sure what you're referring to, Jaremai. The "FREE" tag that's on that page pertains to the fact that there is no cost to the phone application. What are you seeing that's offensive to your sensibilities?
  5. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

Got it ... THANKS!!!
    Keep getting booted... and getting a
    Server Error : Unexpected End of Token Stream
  6. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Yeah. The "unexpected token stream" is a poorly worded error message that should say "Server is down, try again in a few minutes".
    There are load issues with their server here on Day One. The AFK team is on the case, feeding steroids to the hamsters and we hope to have fixes soon.

P.S., We'll change the error message text soon also. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

Downloaded and trying to try it, keep getting errors
    Will try again later.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mortimus54 Guest

"protocol message contained an invalid tag (zero)."

:(, that's all i get.
  9. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Cannot find this app on Blackberry App store using browser or my phone?
    Suggestions?
  10. ARCHIVED-Duhana Guest

Phone: Droid Incredible

Managed to be connected for about 2 minutes.

Errors:
    - Login failure: Connection lost. Please try again. [[this one shows up instantly when clicking login]]
    - Server Error: Protocol message contained an invalid tag (zero). [[getting this 9/10 times]]

Not complaining, just trying to be informative to help iron out Day One ness.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zaldor Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    I'm using Chrome. For the tab that that page loads into it says "EverQuest II Free-to-Play - Official Fantasy MMORPG Website".
    Which is sorta misleading and excludes the not so free-to-play side. It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but a stick in the eye to some people.
  12. ARCHIVED-Luremaster Guest

When is the Windows Phone 7 version coming? :D
  13. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I'd love to have this work for my macbook :) It'd be nice for the times I'm confined to bed. I don't have a fancy phone that will support it :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Andok Guest

Lillya@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yes, please port this to MAC OS!
  15. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

Loaded it up as easy as can be!

Thanks! This is so great!

umm what does unexpected end of token stream mean?

To many ppl lol ?
  16. ARCHIVED-WebinKaltani Guest

Not that I'm complaining too loudly, but the password entry field on the Android version isn't acting like most password fields. It hides characters as soon as I input them and accepts word suggestions from the keyboard (which most password fields don't do). Still haven't managed to log in... I'll wait for another day, and maybe a software update.
  17. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Very Cool! If you're taking suggestions...
    I'd like to put my hotbars on a separate small touchscreen...
  18. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

Loving the App so far --when it stays up

Between Test- BETA-LIVE-EXTENDED ...I HAVE A LONG (bad word) list of TOONS !!
  19. ARCHIVED- Scholar Guest

Good to see some action from SOE on the Mobile side. Regarding the input screens for login id and password, they need adjusting. I can't tell if it capures my password and just keep hitting the delete key a bunch of times. Be nice to have the standard 'delete all data in this field' button. I did get connected 2 times, but kept losing my connection. Guess the old Pentium 386's make lousy servers. Time for some upgrades !! Looking forward to updates to the app and making use of it to do guild chats.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Very nice, just DLed on my iphone :)