Abyssal Aquaduct: Challenge Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Maergoth, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Ranga Active Member

I've only found the Forge so far but yeah it is fun and now I have to work hard on CC before I try again.
  2. Mankar Active Member

Dirge/Templar combo on automaton. 44% is the best we've done yet. Been pulling for a while and I am not getting bored at all. Great job with the zones! These are the kind of zones people will remember several expansions from now.
  3. Drumstixx Active Member

Kudos to the developer(s) that designed these encounters. I think they are well thought out, use a good mix of different mechanics, and are a breath of fresh air this game really needed...

However, I have some issues/suggestions. (I have completed all 3 zones)

- For the automaton fight: increase minimum time to move to a color by about half a second. With ping/latency, I think it's simply too punishing at times, especially if you need to move more than 1 block distance.

- For the Forge zone, interrupts are limited on some classes, and resists make it worse. I feel like another way to deal with setting up the add properly should be put in. With needing a "tank" swap in the fight, and the blacksmith getting an archtype buff, I think the blacksmith should be allowed to attack the same target as the adds without penalty. You need to have hopes and dreams that you never need to swap when the blacksmith is alive. It's a recipe for disaster IMO, and is a little too luck based with the stacks. Some class combos can deal, but it's impossible to deal with a lot of the time.

- I think the underwater zone is a cool fight, but I think some classes are gonna have a hard time finding a partner to either heal or do enough DPS to keep up (troub, guardian). I don't have a solid suggestion for this fight except to maybe reduce the add HP a bit, or maybe make the knockback a little less intense.

Some classes are just gonna have it so much harder to find a duo class to complete these due to healing requirements in parts of the encounters. As a SK, I did all 3 zones in Reckless to keep up with either the script, or so the fight wouldn't last forever. But all 3 of the zones I was the class not tanking. With the non-optimal class combos I did it with, each fight was 10-20 minutes. Overall fun, but a lot of the time the reason for failure, was less player error and more so overly strict script mechanics. (say that 3 times fast)
  4. Rubbers New Member

I just tried this zone (bruiser CC 434/Assasin) and were trying to figure out the strat..... the mob is stationary and doesn't move. adds eventually pop a little into the fight along with 2 tornados. were currently in the zone still trying to figure out the strat and how to utilize the "swap w/ grp member" spell effectively.
  5. Andreia Member

Is it confirmed that Genra HM has to be killed on server to see the zone in ?
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Ucala01 Member

seeing as the only servers to disco anything are them, I would think that's confirmed enough
  7. Tabri Well-Known Member

Abyssal Aqueduct: Challenge Duo

I went in there with a decently geared Paladin for awhile and kept dying no matter what I did my class is a conjurer. I am not horribly geared I have some 180 stat, 200 plus stat, pow gear mixed, mainly due to the procs I want not the upper stats, fully mastered etc. My stats are pretty good but not as great as I want yet, working on it. Since Pally/Conjurer combo didn't work I went in with a really well geared mystic for a couple of hours, we could not achieve anything due to me dying constantly no matter what we tried. Our main raid healer( fury, mage group) has been in there all day since this morning with first a Paladin then a wizard later and still has not been able to kill the named. So g/l I guess to those combo classes that can accomplish this zone so far. I will just try this later because we may just not have the strat down exact yet anyway, everything we could think of so far has not worked, In this case I think for me patience is a virtue. And no I'm not complaining unless I see proof with us doing the entire strat correctly that we still do not yield any results.
  8. slippery Well-Known Member

I'm relatively sure that isn't not enough time, it's the script falling out of sync with itself. While doing it with Jezes and having her tank K'zan, she died to disharmony before she ever had a det, then when the mob turned to me I got told I was attuned to a color. Conversly, I've watched the det fall off her then ran over that type of square to get to the white one and died from disharmony. It's like it is 2 separate scripts that are supposed to run simultaneously, yet sometimes one gets ahead of the other.
  9. Zannah Active Member

On the contrary, as someone who only ever duos I am pleased to see SOE throwing my playstyle a bone, as well as seeing some HC raiders gain an appreciation for duoing. Co-operation, thinking outside of the box, persistence and using every skill at your disposal is all I've ever done in this game (while attempting content designed for six players with only two people in the group). Sure, raiding requires those things too, but being just two people working together is more intense, in my opinion anyway.

I realize that it'll likely be a while before my duo can beat this zone, as we obviously don't have raid gear (only wear what we can earn as a duo), but I am happy to know that there is some really challenging content out there waiting for us - hard, but designed for a duo. The idea behind these zones is very appealing and I appreciate the devs' thinking. Really interesting and creative stuff.
  10. Ranga Active Member

This is quite possibly true given the number of reworks that had to be done to a similar quest with the two guys on Thurgadin Harbour and the wolf pup quest :) Similar context I think. They got out of synch and the quest couldnt be completed.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

Gen'Ra was killed on Crushbone but so far not been able to find the Advanced duo's there
  12. Cirea New Member

Gen'ra HM, not Gen'ris
  13. Buffrat Well-Known Member

And Gen'Ra HM has only been killed on AB/Splitpaw so far.
  14. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You can only get the ring, which requires doing each zone 3 times. The helm pattern is a raid drop.
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I am convinced every class is capable of doing these. So.

Now that I have my ring on my brigand I will definitely be proving my point by clearing it on support classes.
  16. slippery Well-Known Member

Blazing Weapon is definitely broken. The water doesn't remove the invisible buff that enables you to get hit by blazing weapon. No adds up, use water to get agro on the mob, die to blazing weapon.
  17. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Was in the zone with him, blazing weapon is definitely wonky. And the randomness of the increments is unbelievable sometimes.
  18. Drumstixx Active Member

Don't let the adds get near the named, or blazing weapon stays fo'ever. I'm pretty sure that's part of it.
  19. Nidy Member

I messed around in there a bit. Seems doable. Very nice challenge. Excellent idea. The question is whether or not it's reasonable to expect people to have more then one toon that is gear capable of completing this zone in order to get the ring made.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'm kinda hoping you get the reward each time you run it, and they just do it as an achievement award to keep people from SLR to it. BTW am I mistaken or do they also drop the runes that used to drop in the old PQ's?