Abyssal Aquaduct: Challenge Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Maergoth, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Chronus Active Member

I feel like the way most dps will get through automaton is going to be: grab pally, get carried.
  2. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Maergoth better clear his freakin' calendar.
  3. Ucala01 Member

they probably will unlock it, eventually, as they do most things, or did you forget that CoE group zones used to be gated? but not anytime soon for you to count on friend. best to just try to get your guilds to push better on HM Gen'ra
  4. Ucala01 Member

we used to have that in one of the old Guk group zones iirc, boss room, charm a mob and killed the boss in just a few hits, was lolz
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

Automaton is actually the easiest one. Snakes can be avoided (usually) so you can do it with any healer. Preds/Rogues can probably do it without a healer if they use the right poisons and stuff. It doesn't really have a dps check, but the script is kind of broken.

Furnace is probably the most broken with getting hit by Blazing Weapon

Aquaduct is the most frustrating one with the dps check on adds, kb, general slow movement. I feel like there is something missing/not working to prevent/get rid of adds on this fight
  6. Quabi Active Member

In my opinion, Aquaduct is pretty crazy (in a good way). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting a little tired of it after like 20 hours of trying to kill it, but we're probably supposed to just get better gear for it anyway /shrug

I've heard about some less exciting strats, but this is what we're trying to do: .
    Ranga likes this.
  7. Ucala01 Member

seems like you were doing just fine but you eventually got too backed up on adds from not burning name fast enough/getting Kbed
  8. Quabi Active Member

Yeah, there's more to it than that, but we should be able to get it. I was just trying to say that I find the fight a lot more exciting than frustrating, and I don't think the adds are really an issue. I guess if you're not familiar with the fight (dumb Gen'ra lock imo) it may look like a typical burn named + adds fight, but it has several elements that go beyond that.
  9. Ranga Active Member

I'd be interested to know what dps you were putting out there. Good fight btw :)
  10. Drumstixx Active Member

Automaton is the easiest in a way, but only because furnace has too much luck factor to it, and in that requires heals of some sort. There is a DPS check though. If you can't kill the add before it gives the named 10 stacks, you die.

Aqueduct is easiest with a priest if you can do enough dps. Otherwise, you're gonna have a long fight ahead of you.

I managed to do the 3 zones with a strange defiler/SK combo.
  11. Ucala01 Member

will say I haven't fought it cause I am not on 1 of the 3 servers atm. but I can't see what else other than you have to be in the water it seems when the waves hit or you get KBed up, and the thing he summons you have to be out of it. kill the adds a distance from the name cause if they get too close they link something (just by the looks). name is rooted in place, eventually 2 adds come and I would assume eventually 3 come etc etc. maybe something with the flags that I can't notice other than just being a placement of how far you would like to kill the adds.
  12. Buffrat Well-Known Member

When I did furnace with inq/dirge I just bucketed (or inq dehated) both mobs and then I dehated the blacksmith apprentice back to the inq before it wrecked my face.
  13. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I did something similar with monk/illy, except I just tanked the adds on top of being farthest away and just used an lolavoid.
  14. Quabi Active Member

About 450K total over the course of the pull. It starts out higher then drops.

Yeah, it's cool how different combos allow for different strats. I'll be curious to try these with our Bruiser if he gets back on AB.
  15. Ranga Active Member

Looking at the update notes today it seems they fixed the LoS 'feature' in Aquaduct :)
  16. Drumstixx Active Member

I was talking about the stacks on Automaton, not furnace. I should have clarified.
  17. Allaz New Member

If the adds hit any one and then the named hits them, he gets buffed for a minute with Blazing Weaponry, and then any hit is a kill-shot for the next minute. It's not broken, you just can't let adds/named co-op strike at all, and the adds do have a large frontal/AOE. I think bucket is broken because that's a pretty unforgiving mechanic but I don't think it's buggy. If he hits your partner then he gets the buff and will come kill you when you get aggro.
  18. Allaz New Member

Btw the bucket is only meant to clear Heat Exhaustion it seems, and it gives a short immunity to it re-applying.
  19. slippery Well-Known Member

The buff on him permanently, prior to today (I haven't been in there today) clearly stated they'd only be hit if they currently have lavaburn on them. That is definitely not how it actually functioned.
  20. Salvator New Member

This isn't true plus it wouldn't have applied in my situation anyway. I had the Master Smith 100% of the time and my partner did not get hit by him