Abyssal Aquaduct: Challenge Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Maergoth, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Maergoth Well-Known Member

2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Still could have been a hidden gating mechanic there maybe not the HM named kill in SG raid but could have been the collect neck to clearing HM group zones, etc. Not like they haven't thrown that at us in the past.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Can zone in once Genra is killed on server it seems. It died on SP tonight, I was able to zone in from totally unrelated guild and wipe lots to named :)
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

You'd probably have to petition as the only way. Or since it's heirloom, and if you have an alt that's well geared, take that in for it.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable enough to me.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

It is also no transmute so there is one less way to screw it up.
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

I really feel like this wasn't tested with a mage at all. Entirely too much movement when mages can't cast, plus resist rates that are nothing short of horrible (really, 60% with 900 casting skills?)
  8. Ucala00 New Member

seems that way, there is probably a 2nd zone that is just as hard (or harder) that is opened up to the server after HM tavalan I bet (since the helms must be used for the boss I would think).
  9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

There are 3 hidden zones. They are all extremely difficult.

Needless to say, I had no problem.. considering how awesome I am.
    And how awesome Buffrat and Drumstixx were.
  10. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Attempted all three with a warden. The first one was fairly easy mostly cause it catered to ranger well. Other two are very challenging. Worked on them all day except for raid and was only able to put solid dents in the last two. Very impressed you all came up with some fun and challenging duo content like this that can't just be run over by us and is working well. Looking forward to working on the last two more tomorrow.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Spent some good time in there last night with my Assassin and Inquisitor having a good go at things, and I'd like to say this zone is probably doable in PoW gear with the right classes. Only real issue I had was the dps check on the adds, which was very touch and go, especially the time it often took for the mob to get to me etc.
    Fight suits a ranger hands down, and chances are I'll grab a guild healer who can dps a bit better and my ranger and go get this later.
    While I like the idea of this fight, and I do, I can only imagine its going to lead to a load of 'omgzors they only care for HC raiders omgz' on the forums as more people try it!
  12. Raenius Well-Known Member

Its unlocked, everyone can attempt it.

Dont call for nerfs if you havent downed Genra HM on your own - end of story.
    Feldon and Lempo like this.
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Does someone in group have to be a healer? And by "group" I mean "duo", duh.
  14. Ranga Active Member

If you want to live....
  15. Chronus Active Member

Very funny of you to claim that when a paladin and shadowknight duo were the first 2 people to kill Abyssal Aquaduct.
    Feldon and Quabi like this.
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

There will probably be 10 different 'threads of tears' over it by Monday as people get a chance to try it over the weekend.
    I expect the majority of them will not attempt the zone more than 3 or 4 times before jumping into a thread or firing off one of their own.

This is nice, sounds like they actually made these into what the advanced solo zones should have offered to begin with.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Ranga Active Member

It wasn't a claim, it was a little joke...lighten up lol.

BTW I bet neither used a heal did they?
  18. Ranga Active Member

Not everyone wants it on a plate. I have spent all week exploring anything that has even a remote link to the context. I'm quite happy to keep exploring but it's more likely that someone with a big mouth will splurt long before I find it lol /shrug either way idc as long as I get a go at it before it gets nerfed.

I'm just a little irked that there are no lore/quest clues that I can see and probably none at all given that it's taken this long to be unlocked and discovered.
  19. Lempo Well-Known Member

Ranga I was referring to the people that try running the zone undergeared. I know everyone doesn't want it on a plat but too many do and every time the devs cave to them it only adds more to their ranks.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Well in this case yeah I think it's understandable that many will be upset that so very few in game can do this zone, the gear requirements are kinda stringent. People will complain and it will be relaxed a bit and they'll complain some more, etc. As they say in BSG, all this has happened before...