Abyssal Aquaduct: Challenge Duo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Maergoth, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Seriously?

I'm not providing feedback here, because nobody else in the world has done this zone or even knows about it. Not going to spoil it! Congratz people watching my stream. You know the secret.

But kudos. That was unexpected and awesome. Pulled it for 8 hours with a Shadowknight and duo'd it.

I would love to know whose idea it was, because it was easily the best time I've had in EQ2.
    Finding the zone in, learning the strat and killing it.

Thanks bros. That was awesome.
    Devs, if you want to watch, I recorded the pull prior to the kill. I ended up losing power after so the stream died.
    PM me.
    Twyxx likes this.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I really liked the zone~

I hated there were like no clues. Like even a one liner would be cool. But I love the mob.
  3. Maergoth Well-Known Member

4. Ainaree Well-Known Member

It's really cool to be able to discover new things. Exciting, even! I totally echo the sentiments that it was fun once we found the zone.

Not so fun finding the zone, though... Definitely requesting some lore / clues / what have you!
  5. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Don't tell them it's a zone! Let them harvest level 40 nodes for hours hoping for a secret component like I did.
  6. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Oh, right. Abyssal Aquaduct is actually the name of the mob that spawns when you harvest in Lavastorm for 666 clicks in a row with no more than a 1s pause between each click ... and do ignore that it says it is a zone in the first post! It's totally a weirdly named spawn.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Out of curiosity, is the zone connected in any way to HM Gen'ra, aka do you need to kill it to be flagged for the zone?
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

One of our guys hadn't been on the Gen`Ra kill and was able to see it and zone in.
  9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Now if only we could get a hint to the next place.. if there is a place, and it's not a t4 harvest. /wrists.

It's probably in Timorous Deep or some ****.
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

Cool
    Thanks Maergoth for sharing some info on this.
    This is really cool, a hidden zone that has to be discovered by actually doing some exploring.
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

It's not for the feint of heart.

Or for those without the best gear in the game.
  12. GrouchyMouse Active Member

So you need 187 or better raid gear? Oy.
  13. Twyxx Well-Known Member

460 cc
  14. Ainaree Well-Known Member

More like 200+ raid gear. It's definitely a zone for raiders who are on a particular goal for progression and shouldn't be considered a hidden casual instance. There isn't really a reason to do it outside the particular goal.
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

inb4 "Oh great. Now they're making non-raid content that only raiders can do"

It's more of an extension of the raid content than something completely separate.
  16. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Why do I see this leading into SLR after enough have these for themselves?

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to go into this and try my luck on my raider toon with a raid guild group. I'm just thinking of how others who want the items won't be able to get them unless they run the zone or wrangle an SLR.

Heh, pain levels are a bit high today, time for the grouchy mouse to go kill things. Thanks for the info!
  17. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You can't SLR it. The drops are an achievement reward. You'd have to participate in the 2 man fight.
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Can you earn it more than once on a given character?

Being tried to an achievement, stupid questions are coming to mind, like what happens if you somehow lose the item, destroy it, etc... is there a way to get the components again.
  19. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Nope. You should avoid losing or destroying it.
  20. Crychtonn Active Member

So it's a do the zone once and done? Unless you go back to help others complete it.