A fae flies into a bar..

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Jaremai, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie wasn't sure what to do. She had never made anyone cry by being nice before. "Oh, dear, it's alright now! There's no need for that!" She paused and tried to gently loosen Ziqua's grasp. "Sweety, I don't think your kitty likes being held like that."
    Ross' eyes narrowed dangerously. "Did you just threaten one of my men?" She slipped down the stairs and stood at the bottom, blocking them, her voice low as her hand went to her sword. "Did you just threaten a member of the Qeynos Guard inside the Guardhouse while surrounded by Guards? Is that what I just heard?"
    Brique chewed his lip and looked down at the soup. He did not want to interupt but he knew that the Captain would not want him leaving at this moment.
    Ginnar's horse clopped along happily having a chance to run. As they came to the part of the road towards the acorn lift the horse went past it. "Oy there, we go tha' way!" He pulled the reins to get the horse to go back. The strong willed beast neighed irratibly but eventually turned and arrived at the lift. "Sorry, she dun listen well, yer know."
    Llew shook her head. "I'll go ahead." She walked towards the hill, her hand not on her staff, but in a position to get to it quickly as she disappeared into the hill.
    Charlemin and Rothgut bowed before leaving and Bella curtsied one last time. Bella put her hand on Tetri's shoulder again.
    "She alright?" Danlore asked Charlemin quietly.
    He nodded. "As alright as she can be in this situation."
    The Ayr'dal nodded.
    Pepin pulled the blankets up and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'm sure Llew won't be long now." He said again.
    Alaric took a deep breath. His wife always got upset when their daughter came up and he was not sure how to explain anything to her. "A-Ain'Mur's children-" Her face twitched slightly. "Have extended an offer to mend the division of the family."
    "And you wish to push them away again?" She said, a bit of coldness seeping into her voice. He winced. He deserved that. Rene had wanted Ain'Mur back home and had been extremely upset by her running off to Qeynos. She had always told Alaric to let her and the family she had made come back but Alaric had been adamant that Ain'Mur had turned her back on the family by marrying the human and she had not been welcome. Only once she had died had Alaric realized what a fool he had been, but by then the bridge had been burnt and the family had been divided. To this day Frene'Eleve had never met any of their grandchildren.
    "No." He said. "I wish to correct my mistake."
    "No, he's just..." Aloysiius tried to think of something to tell her. "He's just tired and wanted to get back home quickly, that's all. Adults sort of have bedtimes too." He glanced at the tunnel. He did not like what had just happened. "Speaking of, we should get you home before your Ma starts to worry."
    Hoddmimir hrmphed. "I bet he's just afraid of the dark and got spooked."
    Isatis nodded and leapt from the platform, using her wings to steer herself down to land on the one below as a shortcut.
  2. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Ziqua loosened her grip on the tiger and muttered an apology.
    Maheera nuzzled her partner as she caught her breath before speaking to Ziqua "I am not a Kitty!" she growled in Ziqua's mind.
    Ziqua giggled. "Maheera hates to be called a kitty." she explained to Sylvie.
    "Glad to see you feeling better," Maheera said.
    Telsi laid down on the cot in her cell. She lay on her side so she was facing the wall. She was begining to think that Vhyrenia talked far too much. She continued to listen to what was going on.
    "Yes, Captain, you did" Cooper answered trying unsuccessfully to hide a smirk..
    Marcson looked from Vhyrenia to Cooper. He then looked to the Captain and then to the Freeblood and back around to each of them. He wasn't sure what to say or do.
    ~~~~~
    Senriala sighed "Well it is late. I have stayed up only to wait for my daughter. I have cards... although all of the card games I know are not as much fun with only 2 people. I think all of the other shops are closed. I hope my daughter will not be long... she..." She shook her head. "Do you know how to cook?" she asked the young mother as a thought occurred to her.
    ~~~~
    Alyerra nodded "I think I also make animals uneasy," she turned and walked up the ramp. The Acorn was on it's way down.
    Tsimia glided up on her disk.
    Zach followed close behind Llew.
    Ethan sighed and followed his brother.
    ~~~~
    "Finally," Stareye spoke in Orcish as the three entered. She sighed as she saw Zach carrying the Dwarf "Silentfire, I think perhaps it would be wise for you to carry the short one." she switched to common
    Sam nodded and gently took Grumblefoot from Zach's arms.
    "Welcome Vision-maker," she said to Llew in common. "My home is just this way." she said before turning and walking towards her dwelling
    Sam nodded to the others and followed.
    Zach and Ethan looked at each other.
    "I guess we follow," Zach sighed
    Stareye opened the door to her crudely built home. It was hard to tell if it was a large tent with a door or actually a building. The scent of boiling herbs filled the air.
    ~~~~~
    Carl shivered as he opened his eyes. He tried to hide the fear in his eyes. "I'm fine," he answered "Just a bad dream," he explained. He clutched a hand to his chest as the pain began to ripple again.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu stood, picking up the old Ratonga as she did. "We should probably find the others," she said.
    Tetri made no objections to being held. She actually buried herself further into Kyriu's shoulder.
    "She'll be fine," Kyriu said "In time," she chewed her lip and sighed.
    ~~~~~
    Fayberry nodded "That one theres," she pointed to the large building. She started pulling towards the door again.
    ~~~~~~
    Brienae kept pace with Isatis. She turned to make sure that Lamia saw where she was going. She remembered only after she followed the other Fae down that Lamia may not be able to take the shortcut. She felt guilty about that, but she had to help her father.
  3. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia watched Isatis jump down onto different branches and blinked. Shortcut much? When Brienae turned back, she nodded in response.
    "I's catches ups! I's can'ts uses this shortscuts!" she called out to the two of them, heading towards the ramp of Kelethin and gradually making her way down.
    She coughed as she accidentally breathed in some pollen.
    "Sometimes I hate flowers.." she muttered quietly
    ======================
    Shiasia looked outside the window and sighed softly. She chuckled and kissed Nazsuss on the forehead
    "Only reason I'm staying up is so that I can care for my baby.. And honestly I can't wait to meet your daughter." she said cheerfully.
    She shrugged at teh card game idea, as she had no idea how to play any.
    Her ears perked at the next thing and she nodded quickly
    "Yis, yis I do! I's cooks tos passes the times." she said
    She rocked her baby slowly and looked up towards Senriala, smiling slightly
    "Uhs.. Y-Yous cans holds hims ifs yous likes." she said semi-shyly
    ======================
    Rotwhisker frowned and shook his head.
    "Yous isn'ts tellings the truths. I's cans sees the fears ins yous eyes." he said softly.
    He sighed softly.
    "Ifs yous is fines, thens I's wills leaves yous alones.." he said quietly
    He sat about 2 feet away and spoke again
    "Buts.. If's yous likes.. Yous cans tells whats wrongs tos a listenings ears. It's cans bes kepts confidentials ifs yous likes." he suggested
    ======================
    Zulgahr let out a laugh as the Fae made no reaction.
    His left hand came from behind his back, dagger still gripped. He looked around warily and then made his way over to the Charmed Fae.
    "Now stay quiet.. " he said quietly.
    He grunted and turned around as he started hearing a chorus of feet starting to get louder and louder, closer and closer. Someone was coming.. But who..? Friend, or foe...? Most likely the latter.
    He yanked on the rope that tied Henris' hands together, attempting to pull him closer. So that he could stab the man if need.. or want be.
    "Hm.. Blackmail.." he muttered as he got an idea
    =====================
    Vhyrenia's eye twitched and she frowned, taking a deep shuddering breath in order to calm herself down.
    "Cooper.. I suggest you do not put thoughts in your captain's head.." she said calmly.
    She looked to Ross and shook her head.
    "Perceive it as what you wish, sir.. But I promise you. I was not threatening him. I was just stating a fact that would be true for some Assassins or Neriak or Freeport dwellers.
    Those Assassins do not include me, nor Telsi. I think that we'd both never resort to violence unless the need is only represented."
    She glanced briefly towards Marcson as if wanting him to help, but thought that it'd be no use. Both of her hands twitched as she was prepared to draw out her daggers if she needed to.
    They were prepared, but she made no move towards the weapons. She didn't want to present a threat. She glanced towards Cooper and found her cheeks going flush with anger/ annoyance. He seemed to enjoy getting others into trouble.. As well as insulting them
  4. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie took a closer look at Maheera. "Oh! I'm sorry! I thought that was a large housecat! Uh...oh! Yes! The cot!" She stood and began to extract the cot again.
    "I didn't ask you, Cooper." She snapped. Deciding to let the 'sir' comment slide she looked back at the Kerra. "And he does not 'put thoughts' into my head, thank you very much." She caught the twitch of paws and put her hand on the sword hilt. "And if you came here for a bounty I expect you to follow the proper procedure of the Guard. You are not supposed to be down here without permission. You are to leave the bounty with the Guards upstairs and let them take care of the rest while you leave with your coin. Get out and learn to hold your own tougue before demanding that of others."
    Ginner winced, dropping from the saddle and patting the horse on the head. "Go 'ave a goo' run, ol' girl." He joined Alyerra on the ramp as the pony happily trotted off. "Er...she didn' 'urt yer, did she? She's a bit o' a wild 'un."
    Llew bowed her head and followed the orc. She took a deep breath of the air, finding some of the scents familiar.
    Danlore nodded. "They took the little girl home, but...I'm not really sure where that is."
    "I's cans tracks thems." Rothgut said, heading off down the street.
    Aloysiius let himself get pulled along while Hoddmimir glided behind them, folding his arms and silently pouting at having lost a companian who was fun to banter with.
    Isatis landed on the plateform and drew out her mace again. From where she was she could not really see well what was happening. "Sir? Are you alright?" She called to to lord.
  5. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

"I'll grow with you," Maheera expalined. She lashed her tail "and someday no one will mistake me for a house cat."
    Ziqua giggled again.
    "Sorry, Captain." Cooper answered "I just..."
    Telsi turned over on her other side and sat up. There was anger in her permanent crimson eyes as she glared at Vhyrenia "Do you know me so well that you can speak for me?" there was a slight hiss to her voice "I am not a lost dog that needs protection!" she stood and walked closer to the bars. "Only one person has ever known me that well!"
    "Who? Your Necromancer you were bragging about?"
    "No," Telsi answered as she turned her back.
    "How can you be so cold?" Marcson asked.
    Cooper turned on his partner "How can you trust that thing?" he growled "You would date a troll if she batted her eyes at you,"
    Marcson blushed. He was known as something of a flirt among the guards. He was known to be distracted by any "damsel in distress"

~~~~~
    Senriala blinked for a moment "Are-are you sure? I mean he's so tiny... I'd be afraid I'd hurt him." she looked at the tiny infant for a moment "I remember when Alyerra was born. She was not quite that small, but still, it was the first time someone needed me..." she sighed "Sometimes I wonder if the truth is I needed her more than she needed me." she shook her head. "My daughter of course is grown now and she's a bard." she closed her eyes as she thought about her daughter's fate.
    ~~~~
    Carl sighed. "It's a long story." he grunted in pain. "I have confessed my sins, but well it's not a happy story..."
    ~~~~

Aly sighed "I don't think so," she swallowed "I'd be more concerned about me having hurt her," She dashed inside the large Acorn elevator. She went to the back and waited for the others.
    Tsimia looked around distracted.
    ~~~~~~~
    Sam laid Grumblefoot on a cot.
    Stareye dashed over to a boiling pot. She ladled some a gloppy mess into a crude bowl. She handed the bowl and a spoon to Llew "You should be the one to give him...." she sighed "My words in your speach are not perfect. I sense you are close to the Short-One. How I don't understand. You need to give," she repeated. "Also I think to wake to my pretty face might scare him." she smiled.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu nodded. She sighed "She's asleep," she whispered indicating the old cream Ratonga in her arms. "I can carry her and wake her when we need the portal, but I think it best to let her sleep."
    ~~~~~
    Fayberry led the way inside and knocked on the to one of the rooms.
    The door opened. A pale white Ratonga gasped "Oh Fayberry there you are. I was so worrieds,"
    "Fayberry's in trouble," came a small voice from within.
    The white Ratonga sighed "Limberger, I tolds yous it was bedtimes an hours agos!"
    "Why does she's gets tos stays ups?" came another voice.
    The white Ratonga turned back to the door and seemed to notice the human for the first time "Ohs thanks yous for bringings hers homes." she said with a curtsey.
    "He's goings to tells us a storys!" Fayberry gasped.
    The white Ratonga looked at the human "That's nice of yous..." there was a crash from behind her. Her shoulders slumped "Five boys ins a two bedrooms inrooms..." she muttered.
    ~~~~~
    Lady Mianette glided upstairs with the glass of water. She handed it to the Dwarf "I am Lady Mianette De'Esalcoda. Any guest of my daughter's is a welcome guest of mine. If there is anything else I can get you let me know." There was a nervous flutter to her wings.
    ~~~~
    Lord Henris tried to refocus his mind. He managed to come back to himself and discovered that he was bound.
    Brienae landed and glided silently into sight. She saw the Iksar with Dagger drawn and sang Perfect Shrill. The music formed a solid sound which hit the Iksar in the chest.
  6. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

((Hey you two can go on for about 1/ 2 more posts.. I've got writer's block and I've been a little sick. :( Will come back ASAP :) ))
  7. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

((Hope you feel better soon SSen.))
  8. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

((Hope you feel better soon too.))

Sylvie managed to get the cot out from behind the crates and unfolded it. "That's a better look for you, giggling, I mean." The bedding was still on the cot and Sylvie set about straightening everything out.
    Ginnar followed her onto the lift. "Miss. Sammy, dun wan' ter miss th' lift."
    Llew accepted the bowl and bowed her head. "Thank you." She said in Orcish. She sat on the edge of the cot and began to spoon the stuff into his mouth. "He and his brothers grew up with my father and so my brother and I grew up with them." She used her sleeve to wipe some of the gloop that had dripped down to his beard.
    Grumblefoot stirred.
    Danlore nodded as Rothgut continued following prints on the ground that the wizard could not see. He set off after the Ranger, falling in line behind the two younger Cragmures.
    "I's wills makes her a cheesecakes whens I's gets homes. Does you's knows what fruits she likes?" Bella asked.
    Rene's pursed her lips. "You've changed your mind about them?"
    Alaric took a deep breath. "I was wrong to push our daughter away and-and I-" He closed his eyes. "I always thought that there would be time. That she would come back, even if it was after he died of old age. I never thought that we'd loose her like that and- I was angry at myself and took it out on her family."
    Rene reached out and wiped a tear from his cheek. "So you have been staying up late thinking it out over tea?"
    He shook his head. "The tea is for our guest."
    "G-guest?" She turned and looked at the ramp. "Are they here? Right now?"
    "One of them. Llewenayah and Danlore will return after they have taken care of some business, I am told."
    She looked at him sharply. "If the two of them are gone who is here?" She looked back up. "Are we Great-grandparents already?"
    Aloysiius bowed. "If it is past bedtime I can always come at a more convientant time to tell the story."
    Hoddmimir rolled his eyes. Like anyone would sneak into a hostile city just to tell a child a story.
    Nordri took the glass of water and drained it. "Than' yer, very kindly, Milady. Ay be Nordri Oldale, at yer service."
  9. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Ziqua yawned.
    Maheera jumped out of Ziqua's arms and stretched and yawned herself.
    ~~~~
    Alyerra laughed "Ms. Sammy?" she sighed "Tsimia coming?" she called.
    Tsimia looked up as though startled. She sighed and dismissed her disk before running onto the acorn. She made it just as the acorn lifted.
    Alyerra stepped forward and grabbed the Halfling's arm as she almost fell backwards.
    "Thanks," Tsimia said with a grin as she regained her balance.
    Alyerra nodded. and stepped back as the Acorn ascened. Tsimia jumped off once it reached the platform while Alyerra waited for the dwarf to exit.
    ~~~~~
    Stareye nodded and stepped back. "I see." she stood in shadow "We discuss much later the rising darkness, but now after Short-one is better... I sense someone waits for you"
    "Silentfire?" Zach and Ethan asked in unison.
    Sam nodded.
    ~~~~
    Kyriu followed Rothgut and pondered the questions "All of them, I believe" she answered. "You know, I don't think she's ever had cheesecake, or well not since she was here." she sighed "I met Balira Windfoot once and my impression was she could not have been easy to live with, but she didn't beleive in having food she hadn't gathered or hunted herself. I'm sure that's an idea Tetri grew up with but she'll be grateful I'm sure,"
    ~~~
    "You promiseds mes a bedtimes stories," Fayberry protested.
    The Ratonga mother blinked "A bedtimes stories? Ohs that's woulds be perfects." she sighed and stepped aside to allow the human room to step inside.
    Six small Ratonga poked their heads out of one of the rooms "I want a story about pirates!" one said the rest chimed in a cacphony of suggestions which were lost as they spoke over each other.
    The mother turned "All of yous gets readys fors beds, quietlys and thens Mr. uhs..." she sighed "Forgives mes," she said "I don'ts means tos be rudes I ams Caralys Desmens, you've alreadys mets my daughters Fayberry," she smiled as she ushered the girl towards the room designated for her and her brothers. A bedtimes storys woulds be greats. I woulds be sos greatfuls,"
    Fayberry disappered into the other room.
    ~~~~
    Lady Mianette curtsied again "It is an honor to meet you sir. Is there anything else I can get you?"
    Sivraj returned to the room but remained back. He had learned a long time ago that it was best to keep Lady Mianette's mind occupied with something otherwise, she would start worrying again. He sighed she was forever worried about her daughter.
  10. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia quickly followed suit down the ramp and stopped inches next to Brienae, closing her ears to avoid the Perfect Shrill, as she thought that the sound affected everyone nearby.
    "Darn.. That's so high-pitched!" she muttered, rubbing her ear slowly.
    She looked to Isatis and smiled weakly, yet also in a friendly manner.
    "Whats has I's gottens myselfs intos..?" she asked herself, frowning.
    She reached to her belt and got out her dagger, waiting for a signal from Brienae. She didn't want to just foolishly charge straight-head on into the battlefield.
    Zulgahr blinked and looked nearby, noticing two more fae and.. A Ratonga..? His thought ended as he felt his control spell on Henris break. A gutteral growl escaped his scarred muzzle.
    He let out a grunt as the Perfect Shrill slapped him down to the ground. The dagger flew out of his hand and dug itself in the dirt ground.
    "I've had enough with these stupid pixies!" he muttered. His hand swiped across the air with a red glow, and Stinsmia's collar glowed those same runes.
    "Stinsmia! Attack them!" he ordered the slave. Stinsmia's eyes went blank and she nodded
    "Yes.. Master.." she said quietly. In her head she was screaming not to listen to him, but she was not able to do anything about it. She immediately went for Brienae, the fae bard, poising the dagger for strike
    "You will not hurt my Master.. You are not to touch him!" she said, her last sentence turning into a scream as she charged for the bard.
    ==================
    Shiasia chuckled lightly and thought for a moment
    "Nows thats I's thinks abouts its.. We's shoulds probablys waits fors hims to gets a littles sturdiers." she said with a smile.
    "Wells ofs course he's is sos smalls! He's is Ratonga!" she said with a giggle
    She looked down at Nazsuss before sighing softly
    "I's probablys has hims trains as a Monks or somethings.." she said quietly.
    ==================
    Rotwhisker sighed softly and nodded
    "I'm willing to listen if you are willing to tell.." he said with a soft smile.
    ==================
    Vhyrenia growled softly and let out a soft hiss, her Kerra fangs showing easily. She was one that was hard to anger.. but she was getting quite mad now!
    She turned towards Telsi and let outa quieter hiss
    "I was trying to help you! But if you arrre so stubborn as to not want me helping, fine by me..!" she snapped. She glanced towards Ross just in time to see the reach for the sword. She slowly began reaching for her own weapon..
    But wanting to avoid conflict, she stopped and left her hand at her side.. She took out the paper again and glanced it over.
    "Hm..." she said quietly, starting to mumble to herself.
    "That should be enough to support..." she said to herself. What might have confused the other people here were her last words before going upstairs;
    "And support the baby.." were those words. She sighed softly and then made her way upstairs, brushing her tail against Marcson briefly and teasingly.
    "Last seen.. Good god.. They're after my husband!" she exclaimed, remembering exactly who it was. Remembering meeting said stranger during a previous encounter. She then hurried out back into Qeynos and headed for 2 Lucie Street.
  11. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia quickly followed suit down the ramp and stopped inches next to Brienae, closing her ears to avoid the Perfect Shrill, as she thought that the sound affected everyone nearby.
    "Darn.. That's so high-pitched!" she muttered, rubbing her ear slowly.
    She looked to Isatis and smiled weakly, yet also in a friendly manner.
    "Whats has I's gottens myselfs intos..?" she asked herself, frowning.
    She reached to her belt and got out her dagger, waiting for a signal from Brienae. She didn't want to just foolishly charge straight-head on into the battlefield.
    Zulgahr blinked and looked nearby, noticing two more fae and.. A Ratonga..? His thought ended as he felt his control spell on Henris break. A gutteral growl escaped his scarred muzzle.
    He let out a grunt as the Perfect Shrill slapped him down to the ground. The dagger flew out of his hand and dug itself in the dirt ground.
    "I've had enough with these stupid pixies!" he muttered. His hand swiped across the air with a red glow, and Stinsmia's collar glowed those same runes.
    "Stinsmia! Attack them!" he ordered the slave. Stinsmia's eyes went blank and she nodded
    "Yes.. Master.." she said quietly. In her head she was screaming not to listen to him, but she was not able to do anything about it. She immediately went for Brienae, the fae bard, poising the dagger for strike
    "You will not hurt my Master.. You are not to touch him!" she said, her last sentence turning into a scream as she charged for the bard.
    ==================
    Shiasia chuckled lightly and thought for a moment
    "Nows thats I's thinks abouts its.. We's shoulds probablys waits fors hims to gets a littles sturdiers." she said with a smile.
    "Wells ofs course he's is sos smalls! He's is Ratonga!" she said with a giggle
    She looked down at Nazsuss before sighing softly
    "I's probablys has hims trains as a Monks or somethings.." she said quietly.
    ==================
    Rotwhisker sighed softly and nodded
    "I'm willing to listen if you are willing to tell.." he said with a soft smile.
    ==================
    Vhyrenia growled softly and let out a soft hiss, her Kerra fangs showing easily. She was one that was hard to anger.. but she was getting quite mad now!
    She turned towards Telsi and let outa quieter hiss
    "I was trying to help you! But if you arrre so stubborn as to not want me helping, fine by me..!" she snapped. She glanced towards Ross just in time to see the reach for the sword. She slowly began reaching for her own weapon..
    But wanting to avoid conflict, she stopped and left her hand at her side.. She took out the paper again and glanced it over.
    "Hm..." she said quietly, starting to mumble to herself.
    "That should be enough to support..." she said to herself, mumbling a little quieter
    "And support the baby.." were her last words before heading back upstairs. She sighed softly and then made her way upstairs, brushing her tail against Marcson briefly and teasingly.
    "Last seen.. Good god.. They're after my husband!" she exclaimed, remembering exactly who it was. Remembering meeting said stranger during a previous encounter. She then hurried out back into Qeynos and headed for 2 Lucie Street.
  12. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie turned the blankets down and patted the pillow. "There you go. All ready."
    Ross watched the Kerra go and took a deep breath. She collected her thoughts and opened her eyes. "Alright. We're running out of cells, it looks like." She took a look at a board on the wall which listed the prisoners and what they were there for. Or at least, it was supposed to. "Ms. Mazsra can go into the last empty cell." She told Herrigan, pointing to the cell near the end, next to the Shadowknight. "And Vonelix can go into the cell with the pickpocket." She pointed to the cell in the middle of the right wall where a halfling sat quietly. He had gotten bored and set his hat down on the floor, tossing cards into it.
    Brique winced and sidled up the stairs.
    Ginnar paused at the top and carefully stepped over the lip onto the platform. "These lifts always make me nervious. Ay dun' like nay 'avin' good solid earth 'neath me feet."
    Llew mopped Grumblefoot's brow with a handkerchief and chewed her lip. The old Dwarf stirred again. "Urgh...feels like some confounded gnome set up some puffin' machine knockin' 'bout me 'ead." He muttered as his eyes slid open. He tried to sit up but could not. "Di' it work? Did tha' thing git banished?"
    Bellacouste pursed her lips. "We's gives cheesecakes for just abouts any reasons. Weddings, funerals, births, new neighbors, Feastday. A Ratonga needs very littles reason to gives thems outs. I's sells lots ands lots of thems from the bakery, buts with Granny Tona's recipes I's will be ables to makes betters cheesecakeses." She folded her arms as they walked. "I's will makes her one withs Brellberries. Is the most traditionals."
    Rothgut, still with his head bowed to follow the tracks, frowned. "Brellsberries is rares. Hardly anys of the plants that was broughts withs our people whens we's fled surviveds. They's does nots grow well in suns."
    "I's has mets someones whose grows thems. I's nots knows where, he keeps it secrets, but we's has an arrangments. Brellberries for any brellium ores I's finds."
    "You trade brellium ore for berries?" Charlemin asked, raising one eyebrow beneath his helm. "Bella, I think you've gotten the short end of that deal."
    Alaric shook his head. "It is...complicated, Rene and I do not fully understand myself, but I have no doubt that this child is also Ain'mur's son."
    The woman's hand went to her mouth. "There is another child?" She stood and walked towards the ramp as Alaric went back to making the tea. "Why have I never heard of this one?"
    Aloysiius stepped into the house, followed by Hoddmimir. "I'm Aloysiius the Sandpiper. This is Hoddmimir Sholt." He bowed. "It is a pleasure to meet you."
    Hoddmimir nodded curtly. "Wha' he said."
    Nordri shook his head. "Nay, Ay'm fine now, Ma'am, thank yer very much."
    Isatis' hands shot out, tossing seeds from a pouch at the ground. Large roots and vines sprang from the seeds and wrapped themselves around the Ratonga.
  13. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Ziqua yanwed and crawled into the bed. "Th-thank you," she whispered.
    Maheera jumped onto the bed and nuzzled herself under the covers..
    Ziqua held the tiger like any other child would hold a stuffed animal and closed her eyes.
    Mazsra nodded. She happened to glimpse of yellow and black. She swallowed. She could not be sure. She blinked back tears.
    Telsi turned her head as the kerra departed. "That's not what I meant." she whispered.
    Marcson reached a hand through the bars to touch the Freeblood's shoulder.
    Telsi scooted away from the hand "If you value your life, you won't touch me." She growled "I-I don't mean that as a threat." she said hastily as she turned her entire body so she could look more directly into the Captain's eyes."I do not mean anyone harm... but..." she fell to her hands as she spoke in shame "I can not guarantee my control..." she tried to explain. She would never have admitted that fact in Neriak.
    ~~~~~
    Senriala nodded "Well I know some very good teachers should he choose that path." she sighed "My best friend was a monk." she smiled "I would not be here today if she and her husband had not taken me in." she shook her head "She died ten years ago... but her loss still pains me."
    ~~~~~
    Carl looked at the Ratonga for a long moment as though studying him. "Maybe some other time," he said finally. "Lets just say I'm sure I've caused more trouble than aargh!" he clutched his chest again as it seethed with pain.
    ~~~~~
    The brothers glanced at each other.
    Sam sighed and stepped forward. He shook his head.
    Zach stepped over to stand next to Sam "He vanished, I saw a shadow surround him and take him into the ground."
    Ethan remained silent.
    Stareye watched silently.
    ~~~~
    Alyerra smiled and led the way to her mother's tavern. She waited by the door for Ginnar and Tsimia to catch up.
    Tsimia sighed "Time to go home," she said as she turned to go towards the magic world bell.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu smiled "I'm sure she'd like that and appreciate it." she shifted the sleeping Ratonga's weight just a little. She sighed "Sometimes, I think we forget how old she is... well I don't know her exact age, but she's always been there for us and it always seemed nothing could shake her. This is only the third time I've ever seen her cry..."
    ~~~~~
    Caralys smiled "Wells I thanks yous." she sighed "Theys shoulds be readys in a fews minutes," she frowned "I hopes Colby is heres to tells thems tomorrows. Theys ares sos youngs... how dos we tells thems about theirs great-grandfathers," she voiced her thoughts out loud.
    ~~~~~
    Mianette nodded and bit her lip. Her wings fluttered more nervously causing a wind around her. "Oh my poor Brienae out there on her own and Henris...."
    Sivraj stepped forward "Perhaps My Lady should lay down," he suggested "It is late after all."
    The Fae turned "B-but they could be hurt or... or oh my poor little bud..."
    ~~~~~
    Brienae fluttered back as the vines grew around the Ratonga attacking her. She glanced at Lamia and then nodded towards the Iksar. She looked into Stinsia's eyes and understood. She began to sing a Lullaby aimed only at the entangled Ratonga hoping lull her to sleep.
    Henris turned and sighed with relief.
  14. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia looked towards Brienae and nodded in confirmation. She blinked and backed away as Stinsmia was rooted (no pun intended! :p ) to the ground due to the seeds.
    She thought first to attack the slave, but decided against it, knowing that it wasn't the girl's will to attack. Now that she saw the girl closer.. It looked like Stinsmia was actually right in the middle of her teenager years!
    She herself was around 25 years old in about human years. Instead she charged for the Iksar that was issuing orders.
    Striking at Zulgahr, she snarled "Yous digustings beasts! Whats kinds ofs iksars, evens anys, enslaves a girl thats is onlys 15 years olds!" she asked in disgust.
    Zulgahr merely smirked slightly, turning it into a rather evil grin.
    "Hey.. When we met, the little mental girl attacked me first! I only did what I could to defend myself, which was charm her. And oh, how good my life's been since then!" he replied snarkily.
    Stinsmia in the meantime struggled uselessly against the roots, growling and grunting. When she was looked in the eye by Brienae, all she would see would be something like a visual cry for help. Her struggles never ceased or weakened. There seemed to be an enhancement to her resistances.
    Normally she'd succumb to it within a few seconds.. But that didn't happen strangely enough.
    Zulgahr grunted, eventually letting out a scream as Lamia landed a blow to his shoulder, in which the dagger dug in deep.
    =======================
    Shiasia smiled and nodded
    "Wells whens hes becomes olds enoughs, I's wills asks yous abouts those teachers." she replied with a grin.
    She frowned and looked down
    "Wells I's is sorrys abouts the loss as wells.. Ands yous is luckys yous friends cames ats whenevers tiems!" she said with a frown and then smile.
    She sighed softly and yawned. Nazsuss let out a very quiet squeak, his fingers clenching the invisible air.
    Shiasia sniffed the air a few times and looked towards the entrance
    "Someones is heres..." she said in a quiet, rather creepy way
    "Someones I's doesn'ts knows.." she said as well.
    =======================
    Rotwhisker stood still and wary, not exactly appreciative of the stare he was getting. He jumped in surprise at what Carl had done.
    "Okays, yous is rights.. buts is yous okays?" he asked in concern, frowning, his tail waving around slowly
    =======================
    Vhyrenia looked up and saw a broken window by the time she got to her house. She frowned and used the key in her pocket to unlock the door, quickly running in and closing the door back up.
    There was talking coming from the other room, and then a crying sound. She moaned in frustration and sped into the master bedroom, where Vaska was being held tightly, a dagger at his throat. Not quite touching but still pretty close. She recognized the shimmering of the dagger. It was a blessed one..
    "Don't you touch him!" she hissed, walking over to the stranger, but stopping midway
    "Any closer, and he goes blessed bye-bye!" the man threatened. Vhyrenia let out a whimper of frustration and sighed. She quickly reached for her throwing dagger, throwing it as fast as she could, it ending up stabbing into the attacker's chest.
    "The nerve of you Vhyrenia.. You actually got me.. " he muttered, the dagger falling to the ground, as well as the now dead corpse.
    She sighed as she realized that Vaska was in his inner demon form, needing to feed. She sat down on the bed and extended her arm
    "I know you're hungry.. Feed.." she said quietly. And of course Vaska did just that. It had been several months since he had blood.. and now he finally succumbed. But luckily Vhyrenia was there to.. help with that.
    ((Feeling much better ^^ Plus my brain fuzzies are gone :p ))
  15. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie adjusted the blankets and sat down on a stool by the door.
    "She's right, Marcson." Ross said, breaking eye contact with Telsi and going down the length of the cells, opening the empty cell first before moving to the one with the Halfling. She stood by the door and waited for the gnome.
    Grumblefoot sighed and closed his eyes. "We'll 'ave ter fin' out where 'e wen'." He cracked one eye open and looked around. "Although, Ay'd like ter kin where we wen' ter."
    Ginnar waved to Tsimia before jogging after Alyerra.
    Rothgut paused as they came to a tunnel. "I's don'ts remembers this being heres." He frowned.
    "Is goods that she has you's nows." Bella said to Kyriu.
    Charlemin nodded in agreement, scanning the street. He paused to pull his cloak over his breastplate which bore the crest of the Qeynos Guard.
    Aloysiius bowed his head. "My regrets to your clan on the loss of an elder."
    Hoddmimir turned to face the door so that the others could not see him roll his eyes.
    Nordri slung his legs over the side of the bed and slid off, trying to comfort the lady the way he would another Dwarf. "Your lass be a fine fighter, ma'am an' Ay'm sure th' gods be ever at 'er side in battle."
    Isatis paused. She had never been in a real battle before and hesitated to do more than root the Ratonga. She looked to the Bard for a sign.
  16. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Ziqua and Maheera both fell asleep almost instantly.
    Mazsra walked into the open cell with out a word. She sighed as she caught a closer glimpse of the shadowknight and frowned. As much as Mordedana resembled her the young Iksar looked just like his father. She walked over to the cot and sat down. Tears gleamed in her eyes. She laid down and cried herself quietly to sleep
    Vonelix stared at the cell with the Halfling and didn't move for awhile. He sighed then walked into the cell and laid down on one of the cots. He cast a glare at the Halfling before rolling over to face the wall and trying to sleep
    Telsi swallowed and moved to a sitting position embracing her knees.
    Marcson sighed and stepped back. He yawned and then blushed.
    Cooper scowled "So you admit you're a monster."
    Telsi glared at the offending Corpral but said nothing.
    Cooper sighed and turned to his captain "With all due respect Captain, I would like to return home. I've been on duty for awhile and haven't slept in two days.
    ~~~~~
    Senriala turned as Alyerra opened the door and stepped inside. She ran and embraced her daughter. "Oh I'm so glad you're safe," she said.
    Alyerra smiled at her mother exposing a flash of fang for a brief moment.
    Senri turned to Ginnar "Thank you so much for seeing her safely home." she turned back around to Shiasia "This is my daughter Alyerra." she said.
    Alyerra nodded to the Ratonga, careful now to hide her fangs.
    "Aly this is Shiasia and Nazzus," Senri continued "They'll be staying with a while,"
    Aly nodded "Nice to meet you," she answered "You can call me Aly, most do,"
    Senri stepped back to look her daughter over and make sure she was real. She gasped "Aly you're hurt!"
    Alyerra sighed as she placed a hand to her side where the divine gash was. "It's not as bad as it looks," she answered "I'll be fine."
    Senri nodded and embraced her again "I'm just glad you're safe."
    Bane and Mist who had been awkwardly quiet appeared from under a table and began to yip with delight that Alyerra was home.
    ~~~~~
    Stareye answered from the shadows. She was careful not to reveal herself at first "You are in an Orc safe place," she explained as she stepped out of the shadows so he could see her "I am Stareye, a shaman of the Crushbone Orcs." she frowned around her tusks as she tried to remember words in common "Silentfire," she indicated Sam who was standing next to her "Brought you here for my aid. I mean no hurt. Just no tell others about this Safe place. We no want our young ones hurt."
    Zach sighed "Question is how do we find him?"
    Stareye sighed "That is problem."
    ~~~~
    Carl shook his head as he was unable to speak through the pain. His face showed plainly that he was indeed in significant pain.
    ~~~~~~
    Kyriu smiled "Maybe it is time we started looking after her." she said. "I think I heard something about Lucan D'lere revamping the city on his return."
    ~~~
    Caralys nodded "Thanks yous," she peered into the other room "They's is readys," she said "And thanks yous s much."
    In the next room were scattered seven mats. Each young Ratonga lay snuggled under a blanket.
    Fayberry was on the mat closest to the window.
    ~~~~~
    Mianette's eyes widened as though in shock "Brienae? A fighter? She-she told me she was just collecting stories. She's been fighting?"
    ~~~~~
    Henris closed his eyes and shrank into a tiny ball of light. The ropes fell and he returned to his normal size. He took his bow out again and aimed an arrow towards the Iksar. He held it not wanting to hit his daughter's ally.
    Brienae realized quickly that her song was not working. She looked towards the Iksar and unsheathed her sai. She glided down the ramp and vanished in a cloud of notes. She reappeared behind the Iksar as her sai stabbed him in the back of the knee.
    ((Thinking about giving Tetri some real cubs of her own. The othmir babies in the Marketplace are too cute to be ignored .
    Next week we are going out of town to celebrate our Anniversary. We plan to be gone about a week.Through my next few posts I'm going to try to clear a scene or two so y'all can continue while I'm gone))
  17. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia growled and charged for the Iksar again. To her dismay, he managed to counter by slipping his own small dagger in between the gap of her attack, slashing into her side
    "Gah! You stupid snake!" she snarled, coughing out a little blood. Not relenting, she growled and slashed back at the Iksar
    Zulgahr smirked.
    "Why thank you.." he retorted. He screamed as Brienae stabbed into the back of her knee. He fell down on both knees, disabled now.
    Stinsmia continued her struggles and was starting to get somewhere.. But not easily. The roots were starting to snap and crack some. But it was going to take a little longer than she desired.
    =================
    Shiasia blinked at seeing the slight flash of fangs, but paid it no mind, still smiling and rocking her son. She nodded in response.
    "Nices to meets yous toos, Miss Alsyerras" she said with a smile. Nazsuss squeaked in response
    She sat down in one of the nearby chairs and yawned quietly. She looked at the wound that Alyerra had and frowned
    "I's knows a littles somethings abouts medicines and wounds cares.. Woulds yous likes mes to bandages its..?" she asked kindly
    =================
    Rotwhisker frowned and sighed.
    "I's bes rights backs withs Tims.." he said, scampering off upstairs and calling out to Tim
    "Mister Tims! Somethings is wrongs withs Carls.. Maybe's yous shoulds checks ons hims?" he asked
    =================
    After 10 minutes, Vhyrenia pulled her hand away gently and rubbed the bite wound.
    Vaska slowly reformed back into his normal form. He wiped his mouth clean and nodded. "Thank you Vhyrenia.. I needed that.." he said quietly
    The kerra patted her husband on the back and nodded in understanding. She smiled and then got up
    "I'll go check on the baby.." she said, leaving the room and heading downstairs, heading over to the baby's room and picking the child up.
    She sighed and checked the child for any possible cuts or scrapes
    "Not hurt... Good.." she muttered, putting the child back in its crib
    ================
    The 20 year old iksar woman sighed and played her fingers along the ground, drawing random scribbles.
    "Will.. Ah nevermind.. Might as well just leave and find some place to fidget around." she muttered.Despite being a monk, she kept it hidden and under wraps.
    Although a hermit, keeping to herself and not socializing much, she had quite a good reputation with the people. And luckily none of them knew much about her.. No one even knew what she looked like without her robe and hood.. Only the face.
    She left the house with her robe on, pulled the hood over her head and looked around, sighing. The iksar luckily lived near the guardhouse, which easily gave her a way to find some work. She headed inside said building and began talking with the clerk
    "Isssss there any work available at the moment..?" she asked.
    After a couple words exchanging, she nodded
    "Yesss I sssee.. Sssso.. Basssically exssssterminate sssome vermin in Antonica? Got it.." she said again, her feminine Iksar accent ringing through clearly. Unfortunately for her.. And it was a little loud too. She then stepped away and began to leave, just vaguely hearing a conversation from below.
    ((Well congratulations on the Anniversary! I hope you and your hubby will be happy for many prosperous years ^^
    And finally convinced Tssalizzera (the Iksar) to join in.. It also took some convincing in real life.. As she is also my alter *sigh* Split Personality Disorder is the best way to describe it..))
  18. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie found a book on her sister's desk and quietly opened it to read.
    The halfling continued to toss the cards as Ross closed the cell and locked it, moving to the other and doing the same there. Ross frowned. "We are at peacetime regulations right now, you should not have been scheduled for such a long shift. Go and take tomorrow off. You too, Marcson. I'll talk to the scheduling clerk about that." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to figure out what needed doing first. Certainly Cooper needed a talk about anger, but she was unsure if that talk should come from her.
    Ginnar shook his head. "Yer lass did more fer me than Ay did fer 'er." He scratched his beard absently.
    Grumblefoot nodded to the orc. "Yer 'ave me word."
    Llew chewed her lip, setting the bowl to one side. "There was a massive energy to that hammer. Even if it is suppressing it now there should be residual energies left from when it fled."
    Rothgut nodded and stepped into the tunnel. "Just...be carefuls. Is a good place for an ambush." He muttered.
    Charlemin kept his paw on his hilt as he followed while Bella gathered energy into her palm, holding it up for some light.
    Aloysiius bowed his head and went in. Hoddmimir frowned and followed.
    The bard bowed and introduced himself. "Hello! I am Aloysiius the Sandpiper who wants a story?"
    The Arasai rolled his eyes. "That's what your here for, of course they want a story."
    The human's eyes slid to Hoddmimir while keeping the big grin on his face. "That's part of the show." He whispered between his teeth.
    Nordri winced. "Uh-well-"
    Isatis raised her hands. Her first inclination was to cast Dawnstrike, but she did not want fire on the platform. Instead she weaved her hands and sent shards of ice at the Iskar.
    ((Congrats on the anniversary! I hope you guys have a good time. :)
    I 'squee'd' when I saw those pups. I can't decide who to give them to though. Bella has the breakfast pack but I also think that Rothgut would be cute with some 'grandpups'. Although Charlie has gone through the Othmir quests and I can see him finding some orphans and taking them in.))
  19. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

"Thank you Captain," Cooper growled before leaving the guardhouse.
    Marcson nodded "As you wish Captain. He turned to leave "I think Mrs. Moonsword is a bit of an expert on Freeblood... she might be able to help. I heard her say she lives as 2 Lucie Street. I think." he cast another look at Telsi who turned her head to avoid his gaze. Marscon turned and left the guardhouse.
    Telsi sighed.
    ~~~~~
    "Uh sure I guess." Alyerra answered. She walked closer to the Ratonga.
    Senri sighed with relief. She looked at Ginnar "You're welcome to stay the night, but I would request that you stay downstairs. "Sorry I don't have more beds," she said. She yawned.
    "Mom I think you should be going to bed." Alyerra said.
    Senri smiled "I suppose you're right. I was waiting for you."
    Aly nodded "I'll be up in a moment."
    "Alright... good night." Senri yawned and headed into the lounge disappearing up the ramp leading into her daughter's room.
    ~~~~~
    Tim nodded and ran downstairs.
    Carl was still holding a hand to his chest.
    Tim knelt down "Bring me my bag it's in my lab just inside the door."
    ~~~~
    Stareye nodded "Yes, true." she smiled and shook her head "Silentfire, your falling asleep on your feet," she looked back at Grumblefoot "I will help, how I can. Not all orc bad. I fear what a warrior would do with such power as I saw in vision.
    "I set up a place for you Silentfire." Stareye continued "The rest of you can not stay here... I'm sorry, but if dawn comes and tuskless who are not servants are discovered here... it not good." she sighed "I will stay in touch until we have taken care of problem. How do you feel Short-One?" she asked.
    ~~~~
    Kyriu nodded. She swallowed as they stepped into the tunnel. The dark tunnel made her nervous. She couldn't reach her staff without dropping the old Ratonga.
    ~~~~
    The children grinned "I do," they shouted in a chorus.
    "Yous promised a storys abouts satyrs," Fayberry spoke up.
    "No a story about pirates," one of the boys said
    "I wants to hears abouts Belaskas," another said.
    "Canty tolds us thats ones last nights," a third said.
    Fayberry whispered again "Yous promised."
    The boys turned to their sister "We win, pirates" Limberger laughed.
    The other boys nodded agreement.
    ~~~~~
    Mianette looked at the Dwarf with a trembling lip.
    Sivraj stepped forward and gently grabbed the Fae's shoulder "All he meant my lady was that Lady Brienae is capable of defending herself. She and Lord Henris will be just fine." he smiled reassuringly.
    Mianette nodded "Yes... I-I suppose you're right..." she yawned "I think I will go back to bed. Sivraj see that our guest is well taken care of."
    Sivraj nodded "Of course My Lady,"
    Lady Miantte curtsied "Good night Sir Nordri it was nice meeting you, I hope you feel better," she turned and fluttered out the room.
    Sivraj sighed "Anything else I can get you sir?" he asked.
    ~~~~~
    Brienae held her twin sai. "Where are the gaurds who normally guard this ramp?" she asked.
    Two Fae glided into view "You just had to stop at Joleena's" One chided "We're late to our post."
    "Relax what's the worst that could..." the second stopped when he saw the group of people.
    Lord Henris turned to the gaurds "Arrest this man," he ordered "And maybe we'll pretend you were where you should have been," he growled "Arrest him for slave trade and attempting to ca
    The gaurds nodded and glided down to the Iksar and began casting simultaneously. "You are under arrest for Slave trade and the attempted abjuction of a noble," chains began to form around the Iksar
    ((Thanks y'all. I'm sure we will.))
  20. ARCHIVED-Squeakybrigand Guest

Lamia shook her head.
    "I don't know.." she replied.
    She sighed and frowned as she saw the two fae come down the ramp rather casually. Slacker much?
    "This is the worst that could happen!" she retorted, pointing over to the Iksar, who screamed as the shards stabbed him
    Zulgahr grunted softly and started struggling as the chains came around him, growling
    "You idiots don't understand! First, they attacked me well.. first! Second, the girl is mentally ill! It was my only choice to keep her under control. If not properly "maintained" so to speak, she attacks almost anything in sight!" he tried to explain, also lying a bit.
    True she was mentally unstable, and the keep under control thing was true as well. But he didn't charm her to keep her under control, but rather just cause he needed someone to help around the house.. and he was a little lonely.
    "Master is right... I am.. unstable.. I am under his control to keep us both safe.." the poor slave said, just saying the words that Zulgahr had put in her head
    =======================
    Shiasia nodded slowly and smiled. She put her baby down slowly and looked through her back pack, getting out a bundled strip of cloth and a needle with some strong sinew thread. She gently raised up Alyerra's shirt just to reach the gash and frowned
    "Kind of deep.." she said quietly. Then she set to work, slowly wrapping the cloth bandage around Alyerra's stomach, slowly reaching an endpoint, where she slowly cut off the leftovers, securing the bandage by sewing it to the other part of it.
    "I suggests yous leaves its ons fors a littles whiles, maybe's at leasts a months? Things this deeps takes a longs times." she said
    She unwittingly brushed her hand against the Freeblood's skin as she put the shirt back down and she frowned.
    "Y-Yous is so colds.. Is yous okays?" she asked softly, picking Nazsuss up again
    ========================
    Rotwhisker nodded to the human and skittered away to the lab, hurrying back and handing it to Tim
    "Theres.. " said he.
    "Whats is wrongs withs hims..?" he asked
    ========================
    Vhyrenia sighed softly and, once done tending to the baby, she left the house for a little while. She rubbed her forehead and frowned.
    As she walked away and towards her destination, she managed to catch a glance of both Cooper and Marcson leaving the guardhouse.
    If Cooper even glanced in her direction, he'd see a ferocious sneer on the kerra's face. But if Marcson, a friendly smile. She looked at the bounty paper again and nodded. Her dagger came out and she ran it across her finger, drawing blood, making sure it was still sharp.
    She nodded and then headed for where her mark was last seen. The tavern nearby. Looked to be another Kerra. Reluctantly she headed for the tavern, worried about herself as well because there were... unsavory types that tended to wade towards those types of establishments.
    ========================
    Tssalizzera yawned and smiled at the kerra that was headed to the tavern
    She muttered to herself something about fighting styles. She headed out to Antonica and found herself some mice and snake to get rid of. Since they were relatively small, she just needed to use her shurikens, which luckily she had plenty of.
    Metal flew as she already began eliminating her targets, who hissed and screeched in pain before dying. She continued walking along, throwing the shurikens at vermin along the Antonica path