Direct X 11 issues

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Raeven, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes, thanks! :)

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Thoreandan and Sturmlocke like this.
  2. Bunji Developer

OK, some 11_0 FL support should be on Test tonight (no ETA yet) which should allow some players with FL 11_0 hardware to launch the game. We still require DirectX 11.1 for Windows 8 and later though.
    Thoreandan, Raeven, Trakum and 5 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

FL...?

Uwk
    whose Win10 is still having issues, and has 11.1, etc. there
    Raeven and Sturmlocke like this.
  4. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

FL = Feature Level

Thanks for keeping us posted @Bunji!
  5. Trakum Active Member

@Bunji - This update is fire ! Thank you :)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; something happened...

I changed some things on my Win7 (source of files: Microsoft's own official site) prior to Bunji saying this, and got this as a result:

[IMG]

Scary, yeah? :-/

So! Went over to my Win10 laptop, figuring at least that would still work, since I hadn't changed anything there (no security updates, etc.); got this as a result:

[IMG]

What happened? Wasn't on my end, apparently... :-/

EDIT: One theory that's been suggested is that whatever it was I'd done on my Win7 box migrated over to the Win10 via my Wi-Fi? :-/

Though, I must admit, my GameLauncher etc.exe file is only 32-bit on both machines; is there a 64-bit version I need to get from DBG somehow?

Uwk
    Sturmlocke and Raeven like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, and I hadn't left either box on Public Test as a server; if memory serves, one was on US, the other on Thurgadin (EU). X-P

Uwk
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I had that same issue yesterday. I had to reinstall the launcher. I wonder if they broke something with the old launchers. That black bar at the bottom is a dead giveaway that it's the older launcher.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah-hah! :D How did you reinstall the launcher? :)

(Seriously, I'm really clueless; the launcher came with the game when I installed the whole kit and caboodle eons ago, as far as I know. :-/)

EDIT: Aw c'mon, folks, I mean it; how do you reinstall (or install the latest/greatest version of) the launcher? Stop laughin' and start typin'! ;->

Uwk
    Raeven and Sturmlocke like this.
  10. Evilary Well-Known Member

Use the game download from the main everquest2.com screen. When given the option, select repair installation and it will reinstall the launcher.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! All righty, I shall give it a go. Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Raeven likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

IT WORKS!!! :D

A million thanks, Evilary! :D

Uwk
    Raeven, Thoreandan and Sturmlocke like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Corollary: how the hell do I get off Steam as the default...it's been awhile... X-P

Uwk
    Steam-Hater
    Raeven likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Raeven likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, whatever happened, there's no more weird ghostly "transparencies" and other glitchy issues on my Win10 laptop in Public Test, so thanks for...all your work! :)

Still can't get into Test on Win7, though... X-P

Here's hoping for progress there. :)

Uwk
    Raeven, Thoreandan and Sturmlocke like this.
  17. Thoreandan Member

That's brilliant news, going to put my Chrono-shenanigans aside for a short while and give it a pop and see how it goes.

And voila, like a dream, even has a good FPS upgrade for me, zipping around on high performance with 10-20 FPS improvement 'twould appear.

Thank you Bunji and the team who have been working on this.

Just to say, my card is FL11.0, but technically under the minimum required - it's a GTX 750 TI, but at this juncture it is working fine, and this should hopefully keep me playing over the next couple of years until I can get a new dream rig sorted.

Thanks very much once again, I hope everyone else can get up and running and continue the journey, especially through this big year.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Hopefully I will be able to play again once we get fully moved. ( End of this month) if not . . . Hubby will be getting me a NEW machine. I will be missing A LOT!
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't see how Win 7 settings would migrate over to Win 10 over wifi, unless you have 'allow sync' on both machines.
    Raeven and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it's a default, maybe. If not, even my hubby doesn't know what it refers to, so maybe not. /shrug

At any rate, I got Test to work on the Win10 lappie again, and now it doesn't even do the freaky "hollow people" bit any more! :D

Yay, devs! :)

Uwk
    Raeven and Geroblue like this.