Fixed Internally Game launcher stalls after update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rattophaxe, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Tried to launch the game after today's update, to find the launcher doesn't actually launch. All I got was a pretty pink screen with nothing happening in it. Tried to contact support and am told my login credentials are invalid.

Game does run if I simply launch it out of Program Files.
    boredorm, Azari, Tkia and 8 others like this.
  2. Herac Member

In the announcement section, is says the log in issue has been solved.

It hasn't been for me, still can't log in
    Azari, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  3. xulEnix New Member

I can't log in as well. The launchpad gets past the first screen, then comes up with the BoZ background image but none of the characters i.e. maedjin(?) and owls and such. So it never even gets to the window asking me to input account and password.
  4. xulEnix New Member

Also, on a sort of separate note, since t can't even enter name and password to log in, I open up task manager and right click to end task on Launchpad; however is shows the Launchpad as app as 32-bit. Shouldn't it be 64-bit since you switched over to 64 last year??
  5. Kaaheel New Member

I am having the same problem using the launchpad. If I bypass the launchpad.exe and execute the everquest2.exe the game load and runs as expected.
  6. VAXen Member

Also broken here. Reported problem with Support Ticket. Received a suggestion that did not address problem, Updated Support Ticket with results (or should that be the lack of results). No reply or update to ticket from Customer Support.
  7. Fredbear New Member

I have the same issue here, tested on three different machines, all the same, the launcher stalls on the background image and gets no further. I also managed to access the game by running everquest2.exe directly but that will obviously fail as soon as any game patches need applying.
    Update - I downloaded and ran the installer from the EQ2 homepage and pointed it at my existing installation, it installed a completely new launcher and updated an ini file after I set it to full install, all game data stayed the same.
    This fixed the problem, so it would appear that the launcher is the issue and somehow updates have not been applied correctly or have been missed.

A reinstall doesn't need to re-download everything but you will need to provide your username and password to the new launcher.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  8. Lilai New Member

that is exact what is happing when I try to log in, too.
    Azari, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  9. Nasiweis New Member

Cant log in as well, Got the pink screen and nothing more happens.
    It stopps bevor i can enter passwort , screen stays empty..
  10. TheCat New Member

having the same issue here, launcher hangs up with empty window.
    [IMG]
  11. malka New Member

having the same issue here, launcher hangs up with empty window.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

My launcher is hanging and I can't even do what Fredbear tried and reinstall the launcher.

Trying to download the game again, it detects that I already have the game installed (expected). However, it detects that I have the game installed multiple times (technically true since I do play on test server and beta sometimes. That isn't what it is detecting though. It's "detecting" an installation of Everquest II on a drive my computer does not even have.

AND even though I select my actual installation from the dropdown on the initial screen was my actual install, it still was trying to install in the phantom install of the game on a non-existent drive.

All around weird.
    Azari and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Deft New Member

Cant log in as well, Got the pink screen and nothing more happens.
  14. Rudy New Member

Same for me still cannot log on via Launcher****Whats happening!???
  15. Herac Member

launcher goes to a pink screen and freezes
    barcevik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Kanv Member

having the same issue
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  17. Kanv Member

Same issue as everyone else.
  18. wind Member

In the log infinite repetition of:

<...> Reconnect to address NAME:PORT.
    <...> OnResolveName - address=ADDRESS:PORT.
    <...> OnFailed - Failed.
    where
    NAME = [lvs-gt-els03.daybreakgames.com, lvs-gt-els02.daybreakgames.com]
    PORT = [20060, 20061, 20062, 20063]
    ADDRESS = [69.174.203.135, 69.174.203.134]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I have the same issue here. Haven't been able to log in since yesterday. Is anyone at Daybreak looking into this issue? Running everquest2.exe directly doesn't seem to work for me. I will try to reinstall the game. There is something still wrong for sure. I hope they are looking into the problem.
  20. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Same issue here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.