The Fall of the Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perfection, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Perfection New Member

The ranger has fallen from grace as a good dps. The new ability Huntmaster is a testament to the under powered damage the ranger deals giving upwards of 40% ability cast and still unable to compare to the other high damage classes. The Heartseeker hawk is also another testament how under powered the ranger is dealing consistent damage, but alas still unable to compare.
  2. Vanleeze New Member

You're right about the Rangers but I hope you're not comparing yourself to the beastlords or the swash, because they are in a very different league right now.

I wonder if the swash still have that bonus on daggerstorm ???
  3. Redwood New Member

So question for the people who make the decisions in this game are they going to address the class or just start calling the game EverBeastlord, beacause if that the case i will be leaving the game. Wizards Rangers and other T1 classes should parse as well as a Beastlord with the skill level to do so if not better given there ability to do so meny other things.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

5. Vanleeze New Member

I must agree. I’m debating between rolling a way OP Beastlord or playing something else myself. But then, you can play a T2 swash with there unnecessary dagger storm bonus and beat all the classes you mentioned. Let’s hope the class balances will be satisfactory
  6. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The Problem with Beastlords isn't just the DPS now, if you consider that none of their abilities scaled as much as they could be.Potentially they could to triple the DPS of a Ranger.....
    But also they have the far superior utility of all DPS classes.
  7. Janoomi Member

Its discouraging to see the massive changes to mages ,and yet not see one minor change to the Ranger with this GU. Do they even care anymore.
  8. Perfection New Member

RIP Rangers *Pulls out a Trumpet and Play Taps*
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

If the devs continue to be biased towards the ranger class nothing will ever change. But yes thank you dev (Caith?) for making the Ranger class the weakest dps class with now utility. It is even more discouraging as there are plenty of ideas and suggestions on the forum.
  10. Sowy Active Member

Some EQ2U links for some of these ruined rangers? I'd be curious to see if those rangers are still gearing as mages despite the changes to AA.
    Bludd likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I raid with a ranger that does some outstanding damage. Recently did a respec as well. He's not even geared all the way yet with some of the lack of chain drops in raid. I'm with Sowy, let's see some links to these people for comparisons.
    Breanna and Sowy like this.
  12. Fervorlicious New Member

I am probably the most geared ranger playing currently and im completely invested in full infusing / bonus infusing / all the fixings and at 360 self fervor 180ish k potency 7700 cb 5.5 mil ability mod and 95 self ability double cast i can not compete with an assassin who is like 7k cb 173 pot and def less invested and not as good or meticulous with their abilites and efficiency testing
  13. Sowy Active Member

Okay so you won't mind linking this profile, yes?
    Bhayar likes this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm with Sowy. Post your profile and I'd also like to know the name of the assassin you're comparing yourself against.
    Sowy likes this.
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

The state of the game today regarding DPS comes down to one thing. Pay to win. All of the DPS classes are presented an option to become significantly stronger if they are willing to spend. I'm not part of the PTW crowd however I can understand why some people who might have deeper pockets and a love for the game would spend that kind of cash. I am aware of a couple of very high parsing Rangers on my server and I know one of them has spent over $10k on this expansion alone. Not many players are able or willing to lay out that kind of investment to build their toon so a balance is badly needed.

Until then when you look at the parse imagine how much $$ it cost those players to beat you :)
  16. Fervorlicious New Member

Kham, think im unlocked on wire
  17. Fervorlicious New Member

and trust me the fact i have opened up deep pockets and still can not compete with equaly statted toons is the issue.

Also my stat atm are slightly off of what i have with my level 20 merc and potions / temp adorns on and heartbound in etc. im leveling mercs and mounts atm and they are not equipped, but with some quick math of adding that stuff you can see that the numbers are correct.

Its not that i dont parse well, i do. i just do not parse what equally geared assassins or beastlords are capable of due to the bl pet and the assassins fatal follow up chains and assinate etc
  18. Sowy Active Member

Okay, so you won't mind linking your EQ2u profile as I have already asked?
  19. Fervorlicious New Member

and trust me the fact i have opened up deep pockets and still can not compete with equaly statted toons is the issue.

Also my stat atm are slightly off of what i have with my level 20 merc and potions / temp adorns on and heartbound in etc. im leveling mercs and mounts atm and they are not equipped, but with some quick math of adding that stuff you can see that the numbers are correct.

Its not that i dont parse well, i do. i just do not parse what equally geared assassins or beastlords are capable of due to the bl pet and the assassins fatal follow up chains and assinate etc.

If you think this is due to skill i would welcome any of you who think im not playing the class to the best of its ability to do better on the char, because im fully confident you cant.
  20. Fervorlicious New Member

go look at it, Kham i said is the char name