The Fall of the Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perfection, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Wolf_ Member

I never said rangers are fine ;)

I said you don't need flurry and auto attack boosts with right support and high stats… In my parses never my own spells are on top... its always procs and etherealist spells… so in fact you can't compete with the other t1 dd wich one are doing the same things.

This is why a ranger need an overhaul...
  2. Sowy Active Member

I'd be fine with rangers being more aoe centric, but I would also be interested to see them make arrow choices matter more.

Also these days we replaced hawk and afk with a dozen procs that hit during AA/CA. If you want more skill based damage we need more "chain" style attacks. But if we get too crazy we are going to be stopped by mechanic limitations.

My issue with rangers is similar to yours. They dont give much to the group. As a group member I'd rather a swash. I say revamp focus aim/nature's focus to be invaluable to the group on a range fight.

The way procs are coded often causes them to either be amazing or near useless..... they need to scale better
  3. duckster Active Member

Need to move away from the passive dmg so that skill plays a factor in the parse breakdown(buffs also impact this hugely).

Seeing dmg procs from other classes(wizard dmg proc being no1 on a few parses / warden / inq) just highlights the attention ranger needs. Focus Aim group proc is lacking and hasnt scaled well along with the offensive proc as example.

Hawk needs a revamp too , let it buff rather than be mediocre damage.
  4. duckster Active Member

Coverage may even get a fix after all these years if they tweak stuff...
  5. Tegan Active Member

Epic 2.0 hawk is like 10% of the parse.
  6. Wolf_ Member

Anyone is using discord btw? Can you please refer dev's on this post? I mean we have two different rangers. One more focused on melee and one more on ability dmg. Maybe they see the problem if they look at the parses. Don't know if any dev read this forum.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

As previously said the only sort of (passive) damage proc that needs to scale is Quick Shot /Wounding Shot. This ability /CA was always or top parse back than.
    Utility wise they (Devs) lost an opportunity with Focus Aim to give as something worthwhile. Instead of giving us a Ability Doublecast Portion to the group buff they added WDB overcap.

I agree that Arrows should have an impact on damage. Maybe one day devs remember Bazkuhl /Ichorstrand from KoS or the Eof Recipe.
  8. Wolf_ Member

And again there is no balancing in patch notes.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

CLASSES
    • Beastlords now have the Disarm Trap skill.
    There are your balancing patch notes ! ;)
  10. SwashBuccaneer New Member

Could someone give me a run down on what makes this game pay to win? I just started playing again last night and started fresh but was reading through this post because my old main was a Ranger.

Saw a few comments in this thread about people shelling out big cash to do top DPS and just wondering what is going on.

Thanks!
  11. Wolf_ Member

You can buy bundles. And in this there are 2 unique to loot which you cant get ingame. A mount with 3k Pot more then other mounts and a merc with 30 Fervor more then all other mercs. You also get infuser for the bonus slot and spell, mount and familiar reducer/experiance. Then you can buy your spells till Ancient Tier. That all is pushing your characters stats far away from casual players and also the dps.
    SwashBuccaneer likes this.
  12. SwashBuccaneer New Member

Thanks, Wolf! That definitely is a turn off for me for sure and sounds fishy.

Are the TLE servers any better?
  13. Perfection New Member

I wouldn't expect a change till probably late may or late June and that's IF they decide to do scouts next. If they don't i wouldn't expect a change to the Ranger class till the end of the summer.
  14. CSP84 Well-Known Member

This !!!!
    I think Priests and Tanks will be worked on first. Why ?
    Assassins and BLs (Pet) are still Top parsing DDs, even with the Mages Boost, BLs got finally disarm trap.
    Swashies are very good DPS. All three have tons of meaningful Utility. Even all Scouts besides Ranger have good utility.
  15. Rashi New Member

Something else about those bundles is the familiars that are far better than anything else you can get in game. They have way more crit bonus overcap (something like 1100 more than my legendary). The raids also seem very much balanced around some of this bundled gear. Possibly some of the other higher end group content as well.
  16. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm actually regretting that I made a T1 dps class and put all this work into it, because regardless of how much time I spent on my character I don't enjoy the game enough to pay for a dps increase. If you're not willing to p2w a T1, it's not going to be a T1.
    Warlyx likes this.
  17. Perfection New Member

The only 2 scouts that really need some work are the Brig a little and the Ranger which drops the scout down on the list of priority. So i would assume end of summer for scouts. So its best to just betray to Assassin or roll a BL for the rest of the year. Probably keep yourself a sin or BL since when things "balance out" your work into that Class will be better for you rather than trying to hunt down GM's for the ranger when it does "balance out" pretty much playing catch up. Or You can be stubborn and play ranger and just be bad and the red headed step child of the T1 DPS.
  18. Radi Member

With one correction: Rangers castorder is much simpler than assassins. If DPS is the same, then what is 'Sin profit ? There is a big difference between pressing any abilities while waiting for a proc, or pressing them in strict order.

For some reason, rangers didn't resent it when they outparsed ' Sins with hawk and procs ?

In addition there are differences between AE and solo-target DPS!

But your rhetorical question is really the place to be ;)
  19. Wolf_ Member

If that would play a role beastlords shouldn't hurt something… And assassins are not more difficult to play. They just need to cast there chain. With ranger you have to look at your stats all the time to boost your spells because they are to weak. I mean in fight not only in general. You have more to focus on ascension spells for high nukes. And AE and solo-target dps isn't a reason because the content have to less ae fights.

Rangers don't have a fix spell rotation they have to respond according to the current fight situation.

In normal heroic instances, it is not of interest. The bosses are to weak and so you don't have an disadvantage. Even heroic challenge zones are not challenging. Just buff and burn them down. But for example in Diaku challenge or raid challenge zones it is a real problem. The ranger spells are quite to weak to make an impression after combat mitigation. In the last expansion this was compensated by the pet. But the pet is nearly trash now. In some fights it wouldn't even stand out big whether it's there or not.
  20. Radi Member

1. "If that would play a role beastlords shouldn't hurt something"
    For what reason ? What is the role of the other "T1" classes ? Debuffs ? :Rofl

2. "And assassins are not more difficult to play"
    Roll FFU with 10s. interval is not more difficult ? Or maybe get stun or kick at this work o_O
    I betrayed ranger a few xpacks ago cause... was just bored.

3. "And AE and solo-target dps isn't a reason because the content have to less ae fights"
    Are you sure you understand me correctly ? AoE ranger's damage was always stronger than Sin's. How does this fit in with DPS levelling without taking this ?

4. "In the last expansion this was compensated by the pet"
    The damage was not equated. That's a joke! It was aligned on rangers side.