The Fall of the Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perfection, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Fervorlicious New Member

2. Fervorlicious New Member

no heartbound in, the flawless buff isnt on, wrong familar buff, low version potion

also lol oops you can see my krono and plat hoard

if absolutely necessary to your liking i can fix all that stuff and re take the screenshot, but lets just go with im by no means hyping up the amount of investment i have put into the character.
  3. Tegan Active Member

I think they want to see your eq2wire profile which does not appear to be unlocked.
  4. Sowy Active Member

Can you unlock your profile? There's only one Kham and he's a low level beastlord
  5. Sowy Active Member

Where's your flurry? You're doing the thing I mentioned, gearing your ranger like a Caster. You're not a caster, you're a melee DPS. Flurry matters now, even with the 100-110 debuff. Youre MA only 550, which means it's sitting around 100ish after the debuff. Get yourself 800-1k MA.

Let's pretend you don't want to go the melee route, which you obviously are partially attempting with your 5k DPS. In that case then you should be stacking Reuse or MA. Reuse becomes potency with a dirge buff and MA becomes potency with a dirge buff. You can add another 3-5k potency through this method and this is assuming you don't want to go the melee route because if you do you'll want 8k+ DPS
  6. Fervorlicious New Member

if you think i havnt tested the auto atk vs other stats and where the4 benefit diminished your very much wrong. i have took dps to 8k and have used the flurry items but it simply isnt as valuable to have 190 resolve gear from the collection meta for the resolve and stat differences.
  7. Fervorlicious New Member

also multi attack after 600 severly diminishes. and reuse isnt as valuable in the potency you can get in comparison to getting to 6k dps mod. But trying to critique something with very minimal differences in how it effects the parse instead of actually talking about the caPABILITIES OF class in comparison to the other 2 melee classes is surely what should be the talking point
  8. Tegan Active Member

I'd like to see your eq2wire as well as some parses.
  9. Sowy Active Member

But that's just it, you dont have MA after 600. You have 150MA after the debuff on the mob.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I once knew a kham who would always get beat on his ranger, must be the name bringing you down.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I am probably the most geared ranger playing currently and im completely invested in full infusing / bonus infusing / all the fixings and at 360 self fervor 180ish k potency 7700 cb 5.5 mil ability mod and 95 self ability double cast i can not compete with an assassin who is like 7k cb 173 pot and def less invested and not as good or meticulous with their abilites and efficiency testing

Sowy's asked to see your EQ2 profile and I'm curious as well to see it. We're getting mixed messages from your two posts. On one hand, you say you are parsing as high as you can, and Sowy has already mentioned one thing to change which you apparently aren't interested in doing. Your actual profile might show others that would up the damage. We asked for the assassin's name to compare. Haven't seen that yet either. Secondly, your f/u complaint is that you can't compete with an assassin or BL atm. Well, that's true, you probably can't. I think that's what the whole class respec/AA revision is all about. And you know what, even after all that, you still might not be the top parser on the team. That's just how it is. One xpac's darling is the next xpac's clunker. Been that way for years now. I know one Ranger who quit over the changes in this xpac. Now, if that really bugs the hell out of you, which it seems to do...and you've got all that disposable income..heck, why fight it? either be satisfied with what you can do atm or betray assassin and really kick that nameless assassin's butt.
  12. Fervorlicious New Member

im saying that i have done it both ways. and yes you still gain some dps from auto atk past my current stats, but at the cost of other stats that are more valuable past the soft caps. the one thing i guess i could do is reforge some amount of crit bonus to reuse for getting full time confront fear and some multi attack for the buff attributed to bc.,but then it has to be reliable to be utalizing it. that being said, melee auto attack out parses ranged auto attack, and with the proc limiter on makeshift arrow you do not need auto attack to get its full potential with using ca's. when the server comes up i will in fact open my profile. also ill gladly post some parses with breakdowns after tomorrow nights raids. im parsing very well btw, just not what assassins and beast lords are capable of pulling with much less precision in game play and stats.
  13. Fervorlicious New Member

yards, why do i remeber that name? fish n chips? i do remember you were a mage tier 1 with revelations if im thinking right. this is the same kham
  14. Sowy Active Member

You are saying "I need my DPS stat"

but you are also saying

"I don't need flurry, I lose too much"

What exactly do you lose? 12 ADC? You are sitting at 112 ADC self buffed which should mean you'll be around 125+ with olink. Also there's a bunch of your buffs that add ADC too.

Are you worried about losing Resolve? Make it up with other spots. The icons on your gear look like some of the heroic ones, but without the eq2u I can't verify that. There's also 190 flurry cloak, 180 flurry neck, and 170 flurry belt. So it's not even that big of a loss. I'm sitting at 4015-4030 (have some abil-mod less swap pieces if I need more resolve) on my current main and using 3 flurry items.
  15. Wolf_ Member

HI!
    In fact you can't compete with a same geared well played BL, Sin or Wiz… but there is no reason to swap to flurry or such things… Autoattack on ranger is nice to have and nothing more. Its around 3% of my dps. But there is nothing else to reforge ;)

In Heroic as Ranger with full supportet grp you should be able to do 60-100billion dps in boss fights. Even on Raids the Ranger performs very well. But like i said before you can`t compete with other T1 especially BL... but maybe they balance something soon…

And yes its a pay to win char…. and its an Etherealist…. you need to be an Etherealist as ranger ;)
  16. Sowy Active Member

3% of your parse? Are you not using auto attack food? Do you not have an inquisitor in your group?
    Can you link one of your raid parses + the parse of the wizard that somehow beats a ranger?
  17. Noobless Member

i have seen people say ranger wants flurry here thats not true really if a raid mob is debuffing flurry at 90+ a ranger getting 141 max flurry is pointless compared to a sin bl dirge etc who can buff theres after the fact DPS/MA/CB/pot all the way for me but rangers are far far behind the rest of the other t1 dps they need an injection of love from the devs, pets shite now makeshift arrows **** quick shot etc all need love or rangers will be sitting for every other class
  18. Sowy Active Member

I'm noticing a theme with the rangers that are struggling to beat their counterparts. They are somehow understanding that DPS is important, but not understanding that hitting 3-4 extra times per weapon even 20% of the time might be important. Because they can't have 100 flurray all the time they would rather have 0.

141-110 flurry debuff = 31 flurry = 31% chance to hit 3 extra times per weapon. 6 extra swings per auto attack round. Butg yeah, it's not important...
  19. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Even if Ranger were suppose to get some buffs and DPS increase there is always part two of the problem - Utility....
    Beastlord has DR, Heals, Wards, Mana Reg and still parses high, Sins got Perm hate transfer (now with fervor for tanks), Ranger got both but as SELF BUFFS......, Swashies got their well deserved upgrades Marauder's Vaunt, Professional Abilities Resett every 07:30 minutes and ( Raid wide) Hate- Transfer.

As far as Ranger CA buffs concern the only thing that would work is to improve our Off-Stance as to where Quick Shot our highest parsing ability would be, that is how it used to be.
  20. Tegan Active Member