The Fall of the Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perfection, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Its nice to see that the best way to play Ranger is still to betray to an Assassin, after all this time.
    Rangers suck, #singang represent!
  2. Radi Member

The main problem for scouts now is classes positioning in the developers ' understanding of them.

Look at Sin, Ranger, Swash and Brig:
    • The role of Brig is clear - these are debuffs. Yes, debuffs are sh## now. But this is not a problem of class, but game mechanics.
    • Sin's - explosive damage and "fatality".
    • Swash - massively AOE-dps but ST-dps... must be little reduced maybe
    And what about Rangers ? They must be balanced around Sin and Swash.
    How do this? I don't know :oops:
    All you want permanent or long-term passive DPS. But you understand that this will turn up rangers into OP-class. Again. And rotate please!
    You also forget about possibility of ranged combat.

Solving this problem requires changing all of these classes for rangers to get its place.
    This is balancing dps (AE and ST), group buffs, and debuffs

And then there is Bl... OMG :eek: I remember someone suggesting this new class in this forum.
    Developers usually listen to these people.
    "And then we’ll think about where to put it." :rolleyes:
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

This is what the whole Ranger Community is saying for years now.

Wanna hear a little "Joke" BLs got a "Warlock" type heal when they got theirs back........
  4. Kelowna New Member

A Swashys ST DPS is not great at the moment at all so why would you want to reduce it? If you take away ascension spells which they will be doing in the future, add in the auto attack fix they just implemented that leaves their aoes and weak single target abilities to hit the mob.
    The fact that most raid fights this expansion are ST fights I wish they would actually take a bit of aoe dps and add it to the single target abilities.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

What is your source for this? I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that ascensions will be removed.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Kelowna New Member

I admit I don't have a direct source, but I have heard from several people in game that ascensions will be slowly fazed out. I mean some of the utility ones like Essence of Magic are already practically useless this exp except for running solo zones.
  7. Zell Member

why they didn't go with Plan A with Ascension but took Plan Z, Ascension abilities were first planed to be % base trigger chance buffs, enhance line buffs, and the part they did use synergy de buff effects. however they scraped Plan A as they did not want to do all the work in programming the lines, having 4-5 buffs on the same line and only one buff can be active meaning using one removed the other. this sort of thing was a nightmare of code. so they instead used duration buffs and debuffs you needed to trigger abilities in combo with. which was not even plan B, that was in fact an AA like system for it that enhanced certain abilities in different ways depending on choice A, B or C in Column A, B, or C and you could only select one of those for each column which they scraped that plan too as the AA system they had was flawed enough. so they thus gave us what it is.

as for the plans for ascensions there not going anywhere in fact there soon to have a cap increase.
  8. Trickey New Member

A quick fix would be to decrease the proc rate of makeshift arrows from 4-6 seconds to 1-2 seconds. The real issue is that when auto attack came back for rangers it didnt scale well with the limp wristed damage ratings the current bows have. Also most of our combat arts didnt get the increased damage to do well on the parse. We do decent damage but cannot compete with BL/SINS. To this add in if you are in raid no one is going to buff a Ranger over a sin/bl . So there goes a nice chunk of DPS. I think the issue is Rangers want to be competitive, maybe excel on AOE fights. Just waiting for one of the dev's to pull his head out so were at least competitive again.