The Fall of the Ranger

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perfection, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Tegan Active Member

[IMG]
    Sowy likes this.
  2. Wolf_ Member

3. Wolf_ Member

4. Wolf_ Member

5. Sowy Active Member

Now we're getting somewhere. Since now we have two of the same fight (Kua)

Take note you are receiving Flametongue, Primal and JC from your raid. These are based on the caster's potency/fervor not the target (ranger in this case) If you subtract these procs from your parse, it takes that parse back down to 36b.

During this fight, did you have an Inq and were you using the AA food?
  6. Wolf_ Member

I don't have an Inquisitor because i don't need one. Using all the stuff food drink shorties.

I don't think that this
    "
    These are based on the caster's potency/fervor not the target (ranger in this case) If you subtract these procs from your parse, it takes that parse back down to 36b.
    "
    is the truth. The Spell tier have an Influence nothing more. Else please explain why i am hitting much harder with that buffs then the other group members.

Teran,
    did you have an Inq during this fight?

I mean he did 4,2billion with autoattack and me 1,9billion. 2,3billion more dps isn't a relevant factor on nearly 50billion.... based on some tests my auto attack doubles if i have an Inq in group thats ok but in this fight this is only 2billion and primal instinct buff 2,8billion....

7. Tegan Active Member

I don't believe I had an Inq on the Kua fight. I'm fairly sure I did on the other one I posted.
  8. Sowy Active Member

It's really an easy test.

Ranger takes off gear.
    Buff is cast on ranger by properly geared buffer
    Ranger attacks dummy

Is the proc still hitting hard? Then yes.

Why are you hitting harder? because you CA fast. These kinds of buffs tend to be a % instead of a PPM situation.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Damage procs use the original casters Potency, but the targets crit bonus. So if the ranger has a large amount of CB vs the others, the damage proc will vary.

Why is this thread comparing ranger vs ranger anyway? What were the other DPSers parses on those fights in comparison.
    Sowy likes this.
  10. Wolf_ Member

I don't want to share parses of my guildmates so i write the values down there:

Wizard:
    Primal 2billion
    (same swings)
    Jesters 1,4billion
    (same swings)
    Flametong 2,6billion (a half of my swings…)

Warden:
    Wizard:
    Primal 600million
    Jesters -
    Flametong 342million

Illusionist:
    Wizard:
    Primal 1,5billion
    Jesters -
    Flametong -

don't know others but this should be enough...
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Don't need a breakdown of their parses, need an overall view per encounter,

IE;

Assassin - 75Bil
    BL - 70 Bil
    Monk - 68 Bil
    Mage - 65 Bil
    Templar - xxxxx
    Ranger - xxxxx

If everyones parses are showing rangers below every other dps by a signifcant amount, they likely need help.
  12. Tegan Active Member

Me and a BL were very close on the 2 parses I posted and both at the top of the parse for raid. I was ahead by 2bil on first, he was ahead by 3bil on 2nd. All stats are pretty similar except I have roughly 10k more potency and he has 1k more DPS mod.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

10k more potency? That's a huge amount lol. (Considering if you have 180k, and the mobs are potency mitigating 130k, you have effectively have 50k vs their 40k).
  14. Tegan Active Member

I do not disagree with you. :)
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

They should revert makeshiftarrow back to its old version of proccing on every auto attack and increase the base multiplier auto attack for ranger.

Ranger "was" supposed to be the auto attack predator.
    Assassin is the spam predator and has always supposed to be the spam predator due to FFU.
  16. Wolf_ Member

I really wont give you such an view per encounter… that would cast a false light on the situation… because i am the only p2w damage dealer in our guild… that means i have really high stats and lot ancient spells compared to the others…
  17. Tegan Active Member

Wolf - I think all they're asking is, if as you say you have the highest stats in your guild, are you clearly #1 on the parse every fight or are certain classes still competitive most fights or consistently beating you with less?
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imo boosting passive dps is not good, going back to the "hawk attack and afk" times.

• Boost the AoE abilities of rangers, let them excel vs assassins in AoE fights.
    • Add more value to the abilities that require some positioning (Rangers Blade, Emberstrike).
    • Give Natures Focus more group utility on it, rather than just a damage proc. For example Ranged Attacks (Including spell auto) hitting for max damage during it.
    • Add worthwhile utility to; Trick Shot, Miracle Shot & Crippling shot.
    • Create some worthwhile arrows that give significant boosts. For bonus points, make it crafted so tradeskillers have more stuff to do.
  19. Wolf_ Member

Always first… This fight:

Ranger 48 /// 183k pot ; 7,7k cb ; 399fervor (solo values)
    Wiz 31 /// -10k pot ; -500cb ; -40fervor
    BL 28 /// -14k pot ; -1000cb ; -95fervor
    Ele 23 /// -9k pot ; -500cb ; -26fervor
    Monk 19 // don't know

and so on… this was before the patch yesterday…
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you are significantly ahead on stats, your parses are near worthless for comparing between classes. It's very easy to say "Rangers are fine" if you've spent $$$ and have a significant stat boost.