Loyalty Merchant Updates?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Did you do the math? Even the vet bag of 365 tokens would not even hit half a million plat, and I'm rounding up. Blaming plat inflation on loyalty tokens is just, well... wrong.

I stand (yeah yeah sit :D ) by my request to have the plat bag amount increased. As well as, many other of the requests on this thread. Kander mentioned in the OP that anything can be suggested.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

An appearance hat like Griz.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If you want fog of war, walk your character around at in game night with torch turned off in Display settings.

Suddenly getting a mob or three or four attacking will wake you up. I know.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can get all the class hats as drops. Monk hats, in particular, fall in lots of places for some reason, and the bruiser hat is found on pirates and piratey appearance armor.

The Uncaged Alzid in Laboratory of Lord Vyemm (Bonemire) drops a set of class hats, and if you are 110, mentor down and and its easily soloable. Korgo the Vault Keeper in The Vaults of El'Arad (Barren Sky) also drops a set of class hats. Korgo's hats sometimes show up on the broker as well. The Hood of Farseeing is dropped by oracle Tuunza in Sanctum of the Scaleborn (Tenebrous Tangle) and is a white bear-head hat.

If the hat you want is the one for your class, then you can go see Hoo'loh in Barren Sky and do the quest Blood of the Brood, or you can do the Cloud Mount questline and get a whole set of KoS class armor. You can also go kill trash in either Labs of Lord Vyemm or in Deathtoll to get the dropped relic armor patterns, then you get the proper gems and schlep it down to the giants' armory in Solusek's Eye and get it made into the appropriate piece.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Griz is a quest item that you lose when you complete the quest.

http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=eef8a11e9122b39676ef39fcb96f2e83
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep. Many people, in order to keep the hat, just don't complete the quest. Since that's the FFS mount quest, I'd rather have a way to get the hat and still complete the quest.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah I agree, good suggestion man
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Actually. regarding your quote,
    It was the point in the development of the museums that these are items *NOT* bought with anything but time.
    Heritage Quest items; Armor/weapon drops from x, y, or z zones; quest completion items; items crafted with currently available recipes;
    These items are all STILL available for those willing to go after them,...
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

within the Regional Armor & Weapon Museum (which is available through the Heritage of Time dojo) has a 98% complete display of the Cloud Mount armors and Helmets. [just missing Guardian and Bruiser classes, the two I do not have access to]
    In addition, the other zones that are detailed in the RAWM have a large amount of gear displayed, and with the Wardrobe feature we now have, as long as one can GET the item in their inventory, they should be able to add it to their wardrobe and "wear" it,.. :D
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What about the Gaming Goblin stuff? Or the Winter, Spring, and Summer Extravaganzas? Is the Helm of Epochal Expirations still in the game? I have one on my Templar I made on launch day. She also has a full set of Troglodyte Armor.

What about all the items from the prelude events of the past? The really old prelude events? That is where the Calm Forgotten Pools Sproutling came from and it is on the loyalty merchant. What about the pods? The Enraged Forgotten Pools Sproutling is a collection reward, so we can only get one. How about if after we finish the collection, we can use loyalty tokens to purchase additional ones, no-trade of course?

There are many items from past events that are no longer available, bring them back to us. We are chanting "Come and join us, Come and join us..."
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, the plat bags weren't the cause of the horrendous inflation, but increasing the amount didn't help. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

I'll definitely have to check it all out now. :)

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Either off the loyalty merchants or the dude on Nek Docks? Considering the thread, come to think, yeah, the loyalty merchants. I completely agree with this sentiment; it's not like a "contract" or whatever they're claiming for the Fan Faire rewards (which are, strangely, available here and there again, thank goodness), pre-orders, old expacs, etc. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not literal, mind, but the dark areas on the map. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have Epic Table, a virtual table top, as my players and I want to get back to paper and pencil days. That has fog of war, map isn't revealed to the players until they take a torch or lantern into the next room. Then they get to see the monsters standing next to the treasure chest.

Thats what I mean by fog of war.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Exactly what Uwk is talking about. We used to have that on the map, nothing was revealed until you stepped foot into the general vicinity.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Dude like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I would likely start twitching after about two days of that.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There used to be an option as to whether Fog of War was turned off or on. I hated it... as an experienced adventurer, I would have stopped by the best chandler or at the local library and obtain good maps before I went out adventuring, was my logic.

In 2008, the game got a "new and improved" map system, which is where I think we lost the whole Fog of War. In Options >> User Interface >> Map Window >> New Map System, if you uncheck the checkbox, in zones up to TSO, you get the old map system, which might still do Fog of War, but I couldn't get it to work. So maybe Fog of War is a thing of the past?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I couldn't get it to work either.

Even when I go driving to someplace I have driven before, I go to the Map Store and buy the most recent Atlas of US Maps available. Its a huge book but I have maps of every state and every city and they are all laminated, I have a huge sterilite box full of them from years of buying them. Never leave home without them.

Always reminds me of that poor girl that was in that beauty contest in 2007 that said we needed to give maps to poor people. She was harassed endlessly, almost to the point of suicide.