Loyalty Merchant Updates?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We need an armor depot, a weapon depot, a building block depot, a tile depot, a furniture depot, and an appearance item depot. This would allow all those items to go out of our bags, banks, and dungeons and stack into a depot and be counted as a single item instead of a whole bunch of items all over the place.

Or you could give us a tabbed depot. Ok you ask what is a tabbed depot, it is a depot where there is a tab for armor, a tab for weapons, a tab for furniture, a tab for building blocks, etc. Each of the tabs would be able to hold a certain number of items similar to the guild bank. But unlike the guild bank, after allowing us to purchase the tabbed depot from the loyalty merchant with say 50 slots on each tab, Daybreak could offer the option to players to increase the number of slots on the tabs like the wardrobe or buy additional 50 slot tabs for each category up to a maximum of say 5 tabs for each category.

Help us to unclutter the servers by giving us depots to store things in.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes on the tabbed depot! For pity's sake INCREASE the number of slots in the tinkered fuel depot!! I know it can be done, because it has been done to the harvest depot. ALL the marketplace depots need their slots at least doubled, also. It's robbery to sell them for so much, with so few slots. (And yes, I've purchased many.)
  3. Character Member

The ability to use a mercenary as an appearance for another mercenary.
    The ability to use ground mounts as appearance for flying mounts.
    The ability to dye armor.
    The ability to dye wing mounts.
    A tab in the marketplace to purchase outdated expansion rewards.
  4. ArgentGarou Member

The ability to turn unused mercenaries into house items like you can for mounts.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Nice one ArgentGarou. I asked a while back for the ability to put all our unused mercs in our houses so they could stand around like they do in the inns and such and no response.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

I really like that idea too!
  7. Elgo Member

1. Raid Trophies from Planes of Prohecy would be nice. Many players have their own small guilds, I have killed all t4 mobs and would like to get the trophies too.

2. House items and prestige houses that you can no longer earn ingame.

3. House items from lon

4. Appearance items from old content
  8. Mezaka Active Member

Another idea:
    An item that lets you add an appearance/illusion tab to your character screen so that we can store/convert all of the items that give us illusions that we have earned over the years. It might help free up server space.
  9. exeq2player Member

Nek Castle as a Prestige House?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that is far too easy to abuse.
    Run past all the mobs in a contested zone (while at level people are forced to fight through), get to the end boss in the zone, chrono, kill it, loot it and leave.
  11. Pumpkin Member

Just add a cool down. 1 hour is reasonable to stop repeated abuses.

Unable to use inside instances.
  12. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Something else to consider, and I'm not sure if it's been said already, but an updated plat bag would be nice. 500 plat is chump change with today's economy. Maybe just add a zero and make it 5k? Would definitely help people like me coming back from a long break get some plat to spend on the broker for masters/shinies/etc. Esp next expac with the level increase and masters will be pretty expensive I'd imagine
    Geroblue, Cyrrena, Laaw and 1 other person like this.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Since loyalty tokens are only obtained via logging on and doing activities, this can be implemented to update the daily objectives that require a myriad of different objectives spread throughout Norrath, could potentially inject a much needed injection and alleviate the monotony of logging on daily. This way every player needs to put in time to fully utilise the merchant and no one can simply bypass it using plat or dbc.

If the loyalty rewards are updated properly, the incentive to log in and tackle a new objective every day will be appealing to a lot of people who just get bored after logging on to do the same thing over and over again. If the daily objectives are updated and span group activity/tradeskill/PQ/Solo/Overland bosses/collections that include random zones (from launch through all expansions) every day and not just do the active expansion daily and be done with it, then you have a lot of things to play with. Another MMO does this remarakably well to keep things fresh. Moreover, have a daily max cap of tokens like it is today but scale it with difficulty so for example the daily token cap is 5 then a solo player can do 5 activities to get them or attempt to join group/raid to tackly something difficult to get 3 tokens from 1 activity. To prevent people from farming one thing over and over again, the random challenge daily needs to rotate through tasks and specific zones. Always thought loyalty merchant was a missed opportunity.

Coming back to the merchant. Adding items that affects all tiers of play will be much needed. The need to grind for loyalty tokens should be just as much as wanted by a top level, top tier player as the guy who created a new character.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  14. FracasKrusher Active Member

Need a

Tinker Toy Box

A depot to put all those tinker items that cant be placed in any other depot

Tappit of Maj'Dul
  15. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I think the use of loyalty tokens could revive the Dungeon Maker. You could create more dungeons of old style places like Nek castle, some of the dungeons from Obulous Frontier, Stonebrunt Highlands (Vasty Deep - specifically), and dungeons from phantom/Tranquil seas. Plus you could add new ones for POM & Myrist. Running player created dungeons was a problem before due to excess experience gained but that could be figured into the daily objects to count as an option of getting your daily loyalty tokens. It could bring new life to the dungeon maker system.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
  16. morderir Active Member

not sure if loyalty merchant the right place to sell it but a reforger to place in guild hall or house would be welcome , having to go to the reforger every time you upgrade your gear (with expert now its several time a week..) is going tedious :)
  17. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Oh lord you near gave me a heart attack with this I have 20 dungeon stuffed with house items by category ..Not only would it take forever to pick it all up I would have very little storage room to place it all in . Now if the unpublished ones could remain as storage I could go along with this idea but if we had to lose the storage Phew ...i am just not gonna think about it :)
  18. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Oh no, not my idea at all. We could still use the dungeons as storage. I mean we have to. If you were to get one. Just one of each type of item from each event; you wold have too many to fit in your bank boxes (giving the current size of our boxes and the current lack of furniture & plushie depots). Besides who would have one wall; ya can't ever well build a house with one wall, right?

What I mean is that we could build the dungeons as we do with our houses. The publish option is already in place and we can not only use regular house items in the dungeon; we can use the dungeon maker toolkit ( which is like the best thing ever IMO).

I currently have plans to build three houses in dungeons... a haunted cabin in a forest, (TY to MJP for the inspiration on that one), an elegant mansion using the beautiful skylight in the Maj'dul themed dungeon - Poet's Palace and a Victorian styled home using the Chardok dungeon.

Just imagine if the dungeon make got a revamp and more dungeon zones added to it! The tool kit alone... being able to store furniture in the dungeon toolkit would be like a furniture depot.

VAsciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Too bad I can't store gathered/collection items in the dungeons. Right click gives me examoine or destroy, no placing. A stack, not individualy. Or put them on the floor, and then crate them in a moving box.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you have a PoP portal, you can go easily from your guildhall or house directly to the reforger in Coliseum of Valor in the meantime.