Error on Startup - unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tetrol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Wilbur New Member

I am confused by this. SOME people can get in using the EverQuest2.exe and others get a crash.

SOME have no EverQuest2.exe whatsoever although my friend DID last week.
    Did the failed update kill the file?

From what some are saying this is related to that ballsup last year or earlier regarding the sony.com debacle.

If this is so why not ROLLBACK the stupid launcher code and release the one that worked.

Am I missing something here, or is is it NOT that simple?

JS

Wilbur
  2. Wilbur New Member

Oh I am logging via the exe no probs. Why is mine ok?

Pita having to type password in on 4 accounts LOL
  3. Neverlein Member

Please excuse my bad Engish language.
    In the US English (Race to Trakanon) I can connect without problems. No chance at EU English. And since yesterday. Will I sign up directly on the .exe, I'm only in US English.
  4. Dazzal New Member

My computer did the windows 10 update yesterday getting same error
  5. Neverlein Member

I do not think that there is a Windows 10 Update problem. I have Windows 8.1 without update, and trying in vain since last night tologin.
  6. KrayzeeMe New Member

I take it that there is no known working fix for this issue just yet? =\

The EverQuest2.exe does work... but, having multiple accounts is a pain the *** when done this way. :(
  7. Snazen New Member

Ended up with a missing everquest2.exe file this morning after using it yesterday to get on. Tried launchpad this morning and of course socket error so was going to use it to try this morning, but since gone.... ended up having to do Mystee's workaround to get it to work . (think was page 6 this thread). For me, I have no visible notepad on my computer, but when tried to open it as administrator it did have noetpad as an option to view. I ended up with an additional error message that the view version was not compatible with windows 10 that it was reverting something, then did a brief update before working. Hoping todays maintenance they will actually fix everything, (even though didn't see this problem mentioned in the notes yet) as I do not like playing with files. :(
  8. TeamB Member

Still the same error message on the launcher for about 24 hours now and no fix in sight. Combined with the mess with the invisible characters from a few days ago this makes for a juicy downtime of ~ 60 hours this month! My wife and i are not going to mess with the files on our computers for some sort of work arround because we are not geek enough to do so and even if, its not our damn job to fix Daybreak's problems. There is a reason why we pay money for a product and the service around it. A propos money, for all our accounts we have paid ~ $10 so far this month for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING + frustration in return. This seems to be a business model that only works in the gaming industry because any company charging their customers for ZILCH would be done for! Oh .... wait someone said ''Sorry Folks'' some 20 hours ago, (clutches his Gninja dolly) That makes it all good !
    NOT.
    Theres a reason why we play EQ and EQ2 for 17 years now, because we love the games but there is a limit to everything.
    There better be something more then a lame sorry for the inconvenience this time!
  9. SapzGirlEQ New Member

I've tried logging in using the exe file... still no luck
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

sapz did you use eqII or everquest2? the second one is the workaround.
  11. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Good grief, some people in this thread need to breathe. It's a video game. When the problem is solved, your precious little polygon will be right where you left it. I hope the game owners compensate nothing. A little bit of unexpected downtime doesn't call for compensation of any kind. What it calls for is some common sense from us players. Does anybody really, honestly think Daybreak is too dumb or lazy or doesn't care enough to get things working again for their customers?
    Ceyllynn, Lojaak and Lysanthria like this.
  12. Paladdine New Member

Thank you , that worked it is now downloading. Much appreciated
  13. HuCa Member

I think this is far more than just " A little bit of unexpected downtime" concidering its been close to a week of down time with all the mess ups since the last patch for many of the players. As paying customers we are entitled to compensation when we pay for something that we dont get!! There is no difference between paying to play a game or paying for an item from a shop etc........ if you dont get the product you pay for your entitled to be compensated or refunded. We paid to play the game and due to DB mess up on patch back last Tuesday many of us have not been able to enjoy playing the game since. We are entitled to air our views on this thread in the hopes that DB will read it and actually do something to resolve the issues we all seem to be having. It has gone on long enough and from reading todays patch notes it seems sadly that they still have no fix in motion so we may still be screwed but hope not!!
    Stinger1 likes this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

does it really require more then half a dozen posts, no, I'm not counting the german one since it is for non-English speakers. now we're going to get flooded with more, despite it being Tuesday in most timezones... there is a workaround for when there are launcher issues usually, so the majority can get in. quite a few of the posts from people with issues from the last patch/main had issues because their setups weren't right for the game.
  15. HuCa Member

It was a bug that caused plays problems after last weeks patch NOT players setups being wrong, as DB openly admitted it was, and they apparently sorted it but seems since that bug there has been more issues with trying to log into game as well as others trying to download patch etc. There might well be a "workaround" but why should we as paying customers mess about with files involved with the game that wouldnt need to be touched if the problems werent there in the first place? It was pretty predictable that anything with the name Sony in it would cause a problem sooner or later and if handled in a professonal manner ..... that would of already been taken care of instead of waiting for the impact on paying customers. Now waiting for the end of today's patch and hoping things will be fixed by then so we can finally play again.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

you need to read the posts again, there's a whole slew from after the fix was in place, because they were using 32bit versions of win 10 and vista etc... not enough ram etc.
  17. Stinger1 New Member

good luck with that, when mine did the update from windows 8.1 to windows 10 i had major issues streaming video's and what not and then my computer crashed. long story short i had to reset my computer back to factory and got my windows 8.1 back but cause i had to do that i lost my video player and had to download a free new one. just a heads up, windows 10 sucks lol
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  18. Stinger1 New Member

i agree when netflix kept taking money after i had called them and canceled it when i called them back after i figured that they was still taking money out of my account every month they paid me back that money and gave me two free months. now i don't see daybreak paying everyone back in cash but some xp pots or double xp for the week or something isn't to much to ask for
    Virador likes this.
  19. Roanon New Member

Small wonder WoW has a LOT more customers while EQ2 is constanly losing from the few they have. The way they handle their errors ist just unprofessional.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Pray tell, how are they supposed to contact every ISP in the world and inform them that they must update their DNS Servers right this instant so that DBG customers don't get upset?
    Ceyllynn likes this.