Raid Progression Halted due to HP Increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xeryn, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satyr Well-Known Member

I think we've learned that it's always a bad time to release new content, and minimal effort is put in to each new release regardless of when it's pushed out. Saying that problems can't be fixed when it could mostly be accomplished with a script is utter rot. I'm done being forgiving and waiting, we've already lost one server and had 2 lazy, shoddy releases.
    Meneltel likes this.
  2. Irvin Active Member

I hardly keep begging for the thread to be locked. It's way off topic, keep it on topic and it's fine. If you want a response on loot then open a loot thread, again. If you want to discuss RTT then open a thread to discuss it.

I see that no one killed Nexona after the heal nerf, I don't include disturbance in this generalisation. As was mentioned earlier in the thread I agree that this nerf hasn't had any real affect on the fight and perhaps the fact that no one killed it yet proves this to be true.
  3. Irvin Active Member

Onra, no one cares. We are all grown up now. 8 years ago was, well 8 years ago. At best 99% of everyone that plays on TLE is semi-casual now. No one wants to raid 5 nights a week anymore, get up at 05:00 to kill contested avatars. All everyone wants is challenging but doable raid content by guilds that raid 2 or 3 times a week.

Is that hard to deliver for Devs? I bet it is.
    Haskar likes this.
  4. Haskar Active Member

Oh god no... Please ... Is it happening again?

Couldn't read forums yesterday and have to get up to speed now ....
  5. Venser Active Member

You literally just made the part up about SF. Where did you get that from? We would rather see gear progression than another xpack. RoK is one of our favorite xpacks and a lot of the reasons some of us started on TLE.

Gear progression is not a derailment of the OP. It is a counter solution to tasks at hand and ahead. Now that things are easier more people will find that there is nothing new for them to gear up in. People has some misconceptions anout Disturbance in RoK. Every piece of loot we wear as main pieces minus mythicals is available to anyone who chooses to not raid. I have gone thru all of VP to find 0 Upgrades from it. I am running heroic content to still find upgrades to things that I got in raids.

Raiding to only kill mobs and transmuting every piece that drops is only fun for so long. We don't have uber gear that no one has access to, what makes us different is purely performance. More than half of the Mythicals do nothing except have higher end damage. Even my Mythical has weaker base damage than the Fabled version. My VP set has 10 double attack and ability casting speed. Wrong text and useless stats for a Swashbuckler. It is sad to see and we just want something done instead of unwarrented HP buffs, then mit nerfs and Auto Attack buffs. It was the wrong route to lead actual progression.

As Onra said, we sit a Trak now with solo and heroic content gear and able to take the mob down with some execution. We do not want to see RoK crumble at any exceeded rate.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Ratitz Active Member

Wow theres more useless whining and complaining on this thread than there was on the summoner dps one. That suprises me.
    Errrorr likes this.
  7. Irvin Active Member

Venser you make some good points in your post but there are a couple of simple truths that just won't change.

One is that loot is fubered and looks unlikely to ever get fixed in a meaningful sense.

The other is that in order to balance the raiding for the majority of raid guilds on this server, it's going to be way too easy for disturbance who raid hardcore. There is no middle ground. No one is raiding on TLE with anything like the commitment disturbance is anymore, so if they make it tough for you guys then it becomes impossible for guilds who either just don't want to or can't put that level of commitment in to the game anymore. It's just how it is.
    Haskar likes this.
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

A satisfactory fix that can mostly be run with a script has been repeated ad nauseum here. This is easy to do. Instead of just saying 'it will never happen' guilds should be getting behind these changes because they literally benefit everyone and take little dev time. It's ridiculous that you are effectively neutral to these changes rather than adding your voice to ours to get these things through.

FWIW, I am in a guild that will never see the inside of VP, and I think these changes are better for the server as a whole.
    Molly and Meneltel like this.
  9. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Name the guilds? Last I remember, most the top PVE guilds had no interest in going to RTT. A few members of a guild hopping over for a poke at it, is hardly a claim to fame for anyone on TLE. The Russians sort of had a poke at it, if you consider that a win?

I understand any claim to being the best at EQ2 is subjective. The way I look at it, is some people are out there striving to beat the newest content, for the first time in the history of EQ2. Some people are out there striving to kill old content on a gimmick server. Maybe they should just claim to be the best TLE players, and leave it at that.

Was EQ2's PVP community was the epitome of constructive, civil minded individuals?
    Were they open to input?
    Did most of them know what half their abilities do?

No to all counts. Most are exceedingly bad at this game, and arrogant beyond belief.

You think it is any different for the TLE population?

TLE would have been a tremendous success, if DBG had legitimate server backups of how the game was back in the day. Instead, we got lumped the current code, and abhorrent itemization (was an issue before TLE was launched). This turned away almost everyone that I knew was interested before TLE launched, let alone by the time DoF came around.
    Ummmyeh likes this.
  10. Irvin Active Member

They aren't going to run any script. If it was a 10 minute job they would have done it already. Nothing ridiculous about it, it requires some kind of feedback from a dev in regards to anything like this before it becomes anything but wishful thinking.
    Xakrein likes this.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

12. Ummmyeh Active Member

Okay so you are saying that TLE is hard mode right now? Dare ya to come learn new strats.
  13. Haskar Active Member

Problem is, not everyone wants all of the items fixed.
    I can get behind an overall overhaul of RoK gear, while Disturbance have already said that they only care about VP loot.
  14. Memran Member

There is one extremely simple thing that would raise morale significantly, and requires zero development time: Simply respond to your customers! Its not rocket science! There are so many threads on the forums, but continually ignoring all of them makes the entire situation seem far, far worse.

Nobody is neutral to the changes! Literally everyone, devs included, knows that the itemisation is a total mess, and it most certainly should be fixed, but everyone knows that they won't bother. Many people like Onra have been providing pretty good feedback from the beginning, and backing it up with hard data, but it is just falling on deaf ears.

I returned to EQ2 for RoK on TLE. I've persevered throughout the stream of screw-ups, lack of care, and crazy buff-nerf cycles. However there is a limit.
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

They never said that, that's rot. VP loot is just more broken than other loot. It is largely worse than quested gear from the previous tier. The hardest zone in the game. rewards the worst loot in the game. The proposed progression fixes also would improve t1 and t2 gear.
  16. Ummmyeh Active Member

See you on Maj'Dul in November then yeh? You will be lucky to even to be top 4 there I guarantee it. I look forward to more excuses on why you guys will not be there. Easy mode blah blah blah. L...O...L! Come do some content you haven't done before. I am sure we can take up some donations to get you all some expansions.
  17. Ummmyeh Active Member

You are saying it is easy mode then? Thanks for the clarification.
  18. Haskar Active Member

They did. Check the beta thread after Kanders posting. Search for "fair enough" and a couple of other threads and postings in threads after that. It's been mentioned multiple times ...
    I cannot quote all of it now. Surfing on my phone. It's a pain ...
    Xakrein likes this.
  19. Krov Active Member

The devs have already said they cant push itemization upwards.

The only way you will get a realistic fix to itemization is to damn near nerf all the gear in the tier. Lets be honest its broken all the way around..The vp gear should be around the level of seb gear currently.

Unless you are willing to take that kind of hit , I do not think its realistic.

Also trying to compare this to original is a waste of time, we are playing a entirely diffrent game. There was no flurry , potency at 100% + , instant ding lvl 80 fabled sets that are basicly bis and the list can continue.

This change was done for three simple reasons .

1. RTT is dying and really might not even be cleared.
    2. The new expansion
    3. no dev resources .

That is the bottom line. We might get some fine tuning on the myths and perhaps a few minor things content wise but if you are thinking of sweeping changes it wont happen.

Truth is every tier of TLE has been broken and honestly , I see it to continue that way.
    Xakrein likes this.
  20. Aquaskaientos Member

This! So there will be no fix to itemization. Next we will see - new TLE expansions in the maximum short time one after other, or the fate of Deathtoll: no support, no fixes, silence in threads like this will lead to mass exodus to live. And then 3-4 months after Kunark ascended new TLE will be announced (fixed and brand new, nostalgia etc) and know what... it will work again o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.