Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakaan Member

Take 2 min to Copy and create a new server, and SHAZAAM: a new place for people to spend money... how long can this strategy last?

I do feel sorry for the the people on the Daybreak team that are forced to represent this. You know they have a hard time looking friends in the eye and saying "Oh yeah, it is a good idea".

(of course they wouldn't leave out revenue based features)
    Apple, Jaden, Devon02 and 4 others like this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Actually, on the numbers--it is refreshing to see 10 folks on in my guild, during MY normal hours of play. My regular guild has been a bit slow, during the day, of late.

Also, on the new server, no one has much that anyone can steal, as yet, so the worries about thieves are mitigated. That said, everyone I've run into seems nice and having fun.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Once again they said right in the initial announcement
    • This is a live server with current features, zones, and advancement.

I really can't understand why anyone expected it to be any different than any other live server other than the no heirloom items. That was why some people were asking them to just put that ruleset on the existing servers and not bother with a new server.

I hate to see so many people disappointed (that kind of thing is what ends up driving people away from games), but we were told what to expect and well that was one of the reasons a lot of us thought this particular server was a complete waste of time.
    Livejazz, Mizgamer62, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Not interested. Just not. I don't like that it will take population away from the main servers. Not happy about this, nor the other server. Not at all.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

People expected them to not allow Heroics or Loyalty Tokens to be used on the server, so that the Economy would essentially be a restart. Said several times since the time it was announced that they were foolish to believe that. That "Tradeserverwoot" account was running around here not helping things, with his posts directly attacking anyone who was negative towards the Free Trade server -- and he's one of the people who should be at the front of the "I Told you So" line right now.

All this server will really accomplish is causing peeps who don't read the forums to leave the Live server for a bit to check it out, and then end up going back to their servers -- or the Race to Trak server which will also be a colossal joke.
    Livejazz, Devon02, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I know. It's just they stated right up front it was going to be a Live server with all the trappings of a regular live server, so I'm not sure why so many people thought that it would actually BE different despite what they'd been told by the people in charge of it. Maybe someone some where will read the forums and make the NEXT new server like that instead (because we all know that they are going to keep trying to do this).

=(
    Ishuna, Cyrrena and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That Tradeserverwoot guy who was around here fairly often during the leadup caused several misconceptions to form with people who don't read well. Simply because it wasn't explicitly stated enough in the announcement post; to be fair they weren't EXACTLY discouraging all the hype that fool was drumming up either.
    Ishuna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I find it weird that you can't move toons of this new server , only on to it in a wile
    sounds like Drunder to me , you can go there check out , but you can never leave
    So any of you that think about moving there in the future think about it good

speaks with an ominous voice YOU BEEN WARNED
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I imagine it's like that because you can get things there from the broker you couldn't on a regular ruleset server much like the old Exchange servers. I don't think they allowed transfers off of there until they were getting rid of those servers and they merged those into Freeport & Nagafen. Kind of like they won't allow transfers to Stormhold from other servers.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think the reasons are obvious. If most heirloom items are tradable, moving characters onto the server with a plethora of heirloom loot already in their bags is a no no.

Likewise, moving a character off the server who has bought a load of stuff that's tradable there but not on live is kinda not right, although it's technically possible to do that on live via SLR.

Maybe they can't convert tradable to heirloom or vice versa on server transfers, and that's why they don't allow it?
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Actually--despite the naysayers-- what drives this server economy will not be everyone selling gear drops at the outset. The ball is in the Crafter's court!! All the support infrastructure that exists on Live servers is missing. From filled harvest boxes, to potions, totems, bags and Scrolls of Prowess. Food...omg. While players can purchase a Heroic or hit Agnostics, they need "stuff". The players that will make the $$ early on will be those that focus on Harvesting & Crafting.
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Devon02 New Member

Unfortunately I started a character on the new server. Was there at launch. I WAS pretty excited about the server, but have already given up and went back to live servers. Toxic, elitist, community, was not what I was looking for. I am new the game and was NOT impressed by the fighting and bickering. I helped someone start a new guild for example and instead of a thank you for helping them I got the boot, called a noob and put on ignore. I will just stick with the empty zones on the live servers and just do my own thing I guess. Too bad this didn't end up better for me. Glad that some people like it, just not for me.
    Ridolain_Kirkwall likes this.
  13. mh272 New Member

I was looking forward to coming back to play on the new server, but I am so glad I did not sub for this server, heroic characters and tokens were a turn off for me. Thanks to everyone who posted in here. What a disgrace by DB
    Devon02 likes this.
  14. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------------

Written for my friend who read the dev notes and somehow got it backward. She deleted one of her old trade-skill characters so she could go check out the new "TRADE" server. She misunderstood somehow and thought you could not transfer a character ON to the new server, lol instead finding it was the opposite. I coulda told her all about it, having lived in Norrath long ago in a particular place called Firiona Vie. But, she didn't ask.:cool:

*Shields eyes from the thousand blinding lights flickering off the multi-faceted, mirrored double-doors leading into the Isle of Refuge server Broker. Just to the right of the gem-studded door frame, I see a floor to ceiling sign that reads: ***Whatever you desire, whatever you want, herein lies the place where a coin or a few thousand allows you to buy it ALL. Bring on your purchased heroic fighter and get your armor and weapons, and don't forget to hit up the storefront to exchange currency, Kronos abound at this site. Go ahead; buy your way - Very little of that "earning" b.s. honored here.***

And in the background as I stride through the doorway, I hear the eerie metallic sound of coin after coin dropping into the bin of the cash repository and vault with the bronzed logo DBG, emblazoned across the top.

Marveling, I decide I simply must go back and tell my friends, this new place we must monitor, and see what becomes of it. Yet, heading east results in a winding road circling back around to the broker. Heading west, I find myself struggling to get through thick, forested patches, only to emerge to see once again the familiar sparkle of the Brokerage up ahead. No matter which way I turn, its always there, beckoning to me, heralding a new day, that starts all over again on the Isle of Refuge.

Last thing I remember I was running for the door
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    "Relax," said the night skellie, "We are programmed to receive.
    You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
    Ummmyeh, Ishuna and Tekka like this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm choosing to shield my eyes from the bright orange text.
  16. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I didn't want to go calling other players out by name, but yea: that's the person to whom I was alluding in my post. That person played up the "ooo brand new shiny virgin economy" nonsense from the beginning, even though it wasn't going to be anything like that. Loyalty tokens alone ensured that.

OTOH, those of us who think the whole thing was a waste of time & resources don't have to play on that server.
    Mizgamer62 and Devon02 like this.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I normally don't like calling people out by name myself.

But this guy went into posts prepped to attack others, prepped to insist that the server would be amazingly super-special and a golden ticket into heaven, etc etc. He opened himself up for it, and whoever's alt that account was should feel bad for doing so.
    Ishuna, Devon02, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

Sounds like a politician
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Devon you should come to Stormhold its not quite new anymore , but the people are still a lot more friendly
    otherwise I have to say
    If you don't like it there take back your character slot and go and leave the new server to the people that like it there .
    There is no point in complaining about something you are not forced to use.
    I was just wondering about those new servers with special thrills , and they are all members only
    I wonder where that idea leads to .
    No more need to say any more , use your imagenation.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

I just figured it was Gixx again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.