Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agree! A newsies would be awesome :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

please if this fails can we get this sever merged into AB ?
    Sounds like there are some nice people here and we can use some fresh blood on AB
    *,...,* .
    or even better send all this nice people to the test sever we are really nice there too
    and we even have our own guide who comes every week to give us fun quests.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Ziggle New Member

It is swell that folks are enjoying a new server, though the commentary would apply to ANY new server and not specifically a "Free Trade" server.

There were server mergers for a reason, there isn't a point in opening a new server where the only significant difference is an item flag tweak. "Free Trade", at least as minimally implemented, would benefit all servers and help stabilize server populations, no?
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I run a friends/family guild on Skyfire (actually, we have two of them on Skyfire now, d'oh, because of the Freeport/Nagafen merger) and I'm trying to juggle back and forth myself. I also wouldn't mind transferring my duplicate 95s/96s/100s crafters over to Isle of Refuge, too. Let's face it, the server's already about as borked as it can possibly get between the Heroics, agnostics and loyalty plat bags, lol. Some crafters transferring over would probably help a lot more than they would hurt, at this point.
    Devon02 likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Noooooo lol :p . The main reason I decided to try IOR was to escape the super deadness of AB :p . I don't wanna go back lol :p:(:eek:.
    Belenos, Devon02 and Siren like this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

Er, oops. hit the wrong button.

There was a some lack of clarity with what all tagged items would be changed, but the way I interpreted it is that it mainly applies to dungeon and instance drops.
  7. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------------
    It is great to hear people enjoying themselves for at least a little while on IoR, for sure!

And happy suggestions Schmetterling.

Imho, its a lil bit of fun for a very structured and short amount of time. There is fun to be had right now and for a short while. It is a brief chunk of time though. The predictable sound of crickets will be easily heard within several weeks and sadly, the enjoyment of actually grouping up in the lower and mid-levels will taper off to zilch except with alts of guildies now and then who will "help" you here and there, not really journey "with" you any further.

The overpopulation at the top end will once again reign, made so easily available with all the conveniences and purchased speed paths of the standard servers and the rush of starting fresh will evaporate. Get in now while the group-getting is good for a brief time.

If only *GROUP-CENTRIC* play throughout a considerable spread of levels were still a mainstay of Norrathian game play as in other days. We got in some solo play of course, but it was the grouping that was so cool. I was there. Many, many friends and a few of my guildies are still around, and I know they were there. This ain't that.

If only.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

There's still Stormhold for that feeling, you know. All those boosts, perks and conveniences aren't available there.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I think the server has staying power far beyond what many here think. I predict it will continue to get more popular and continue to pull vets & newcomers in to experience the process of making a server and helping to build new guilds.
    Belenos, SierraDawn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. GBlack Active Member

Dumbest idea ever. You should spawn more silly servers.
  11. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------------

Raff, I appreciate your positive thinking about the new server. I wish those well who are getting to have some fun right now.
    Siren, Tekka and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Raff you think like a stock holder
    that's what Daybreak wants if they get their way
    The idea is pull all subscribers of the regular servers and than merge all those ( freeloaders) onto one server.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Schmett...who says I'n not a Stockholder ? :)

I'm not...but anyone could be.
    Siren likes this.
  14. rutro Well-Known Member

Those who appose this server are most likely the die hard people that refuse to grow up and move on. They are the reason for the current state of the likes of AB. Elitest people that have the market and raid mobs on easy mode....I know I am having a blast on the new server. GO- Isle of Refuge- best server ever :)
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Now you are starting to get it. :)

Have you noticed how basically everybody is getting away from F2P and switching if not to outright monthly subs, at the very least to B2P with DLCs? It isn't just Daybreak with their new games H1Z1 and Landmark: Blizzard's new Overwatch is B2P, ESO is B2P, new MMOs Ark: Survival Evolved, Black Desert Online, Elite: Dangerous and GW2 are all B2P. Even LoTRO has extremely restricted free content with their expansions being B2P.

F2P players on the whole obviously don't financially support the MMORPG industry, and the industry can't run away from F2P fast enough nowadays. B2P with DLCs has been fueling the console gaming boom for many years: I'm surprised it took the PC MMORPG industry this long to catch on to be honest.

EQ2 and EQ1 have offered all expansions but the current one (or thereabouts) free for many years now. Obviously, they can't suddenly demand "B2P or get out" from their Bronzes and Silvers, but they *can* gate them out of new content and new server types, and at least try and lure sub money out of them.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You wanna know what's funny, though?

I'd totally be fine with an EQ3/EQOA2 that is B2P with DLC stories/quest ontop of a 1.5 year Expansion window compared to what they're currently doing since it'd be straightforward and not as shady as recent crap.
  17. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------------
    Yup, "refining" their customer base in several ways.
    Mizgamer62 and Ishuna like this.
  18. Gilasil Active Member

Hmmm, so some people are upset that they still have attuning. What does attuning have to do with heirloom? You attune things which are heirloom, you attune things which are not heirloom. Removing heirloom tags means you won't be attuning things which are heirloom is all.

Most of the people I've met are very nice. There are of course a few jerks -- utterly determined to get to 100 ASAP and nobody better get in their way. However, once that wave of clowns passed it was fine.

A large fraction of the population seems pretty fixated on leveling. That's always the case but even more so here. Probably not surprising.

The economy is still young. I'm used to buying potions and repair kits off the broker but can't do that yet. I've been putting all the spell scrolls I find on the broker and they're selling well. I never realized this game has so many different character abilities summed over all the classes. Almost every time I put one on the broker I'm the only person selling it, yet I've got a huge number up there now.

The first day I hit the guild search and there were all of two guilds listed. There's more now. I'm still looking for a good match myself though. Anyone know of any progression guilds or guilds which are casual but still do lots of grouping?

We'll see how this goes. I suspect it'll have a much more active economy. It's certainly a more honest approach. Better to just remove those heirloom tags then to have them and look the other way when people are doing SLR.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Gilasil, you might look into Knights of the Blood Oath http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/guild_detail/2640384562 - very active guild. I've seen as many as 19 toons on at once. While I haven't done any grouping yet, I've seen a number of groups happening, and there are frequent mentions of open group slots on guild chat. Nice folks.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I can offer up Fabled for your perusal and consideration. I'm not a founder or officer or anything special, just a really happy member. Cynara and I have found folks to be genial, good spirits seem to be the norm, and a lovely lack of negativity. (That's big for me I have no desire to be in any guild that's passive aggressive or gloomy). I'm really excited about this guild though. Very helpful and informative and kind people. :)
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/guild_detail/1535420453
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.