TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

My point exactly on hypocrisy and stupidity. You can twist and manipulate my original statement all you want, it's just coming off as very desperate now. There are plenty of level headed pvpers still playing and paying for the game, who are giving great feedback on what they would like to see done and not over stressing about it. Hell there are quite a few pvpers that are content with the way things are right now. Not everyone is throwing a tantrum and money at something they don't enjoy. Do you hear yourself? Definition of ignorant.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's the case, but I'm more specifically addressing the posts here on these forums. And let's be honest with one another, there has been a lot of hair-pulling and jumping about over PvP issues. I never wrote that "everyone" is throwing a tantrum, but the frequent flyers here certainly have been "excitable", shall we say.
    Belenos and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. Driskell Active Member

This is the saddest post I have ever seen...you can not handle pvp. #1 reason you could not handle how fast you have to react to other players and what they are casting; fighting static scripted mobs is no challenge compared to other players.
  4. Forged-Night Member

Driskell I have never even heard of ya but you have heard of me and the reason why YOU talk about me is because your not worth talking about. Now how about you posting some really good Video showing everyone you walking all over my grave.

Have a nice day kid ;)

Cordially,

Forged of Antonia Bayle
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. Driskell Active Member

Never heard of you either...but i can tell a baddie when it comes to pvp ..just look at your posts idiot!!!!
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Its not hypocrisy or ignorance. It is a little schadenfreude at the expense of the (taken in aggregate, over the course of over 20 years) single worst-behaved collection of thin-skinned backbiters as they realize the results of their pyrrhic auto-sadist struggle when they've conspired to push away everyone who might want to play with you, in yet another platform.

PVP in MMO's has always, ALWAYS been a niche of the market, 15% or less (sometimes MUCH less) of any given game. Games bend over backwards to attract their tiny tiny marketshare, and then they behave.... like they (taken in aggregate, over the course of over 20 years) always to.

If PVP is dead, then good riddance. Burn the corpse and salt the earth. Maybe the game industry should try PVP again in about 15 years when every single person who does it now has moved on to other entertainment forms so that the bad habits and manners stop getting passed down and 'improved', and MMO's can start fresh with wholly different PVP customers.
  7. Xulos Member

This is why PVP needs to die. So sick of this kind of "come at me bro" behavior. I don't play League of Legends for this very same reason. If I wanted to fight with people over the size of my ******, I'd go back to high school and play LoL. I'd much rather group with cool people, kill dragons, and quote family guy at each other over Vent.

Burn the corpse and salt the earth, indeed.
    Seefar, Belenos and Wirewhisker like this.
  8. Eradani Well-Known Member

dear daybreak, please give us pvp forums again so we don't have to antagonize the bluebies with our drama
  9. Forged-Night Member

I think they " DBG " knows what we want but in the event someone doesn't then speak to me and if you really wannna know then ill be happy to tell ya :)
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Sometimes I can honestly say I'm ashamed to say I play on a red server, cuz of Driskell types. Probably got beaten at sum point IRL so they gotta be badass in the virtual world. Quit trying to pest other players, just play the damn game and have fun.
    Ragna, Belenos, GBlack and 1 other person like this.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Kurzan and Elostirion for two of the most eloquent troll posts I've had the pleasure to read on any MMO forum. You may not realise it, but both of you would fit right in. As an aside, I will say, that as someone who plays PVP mostly for a sense of risk I'm surprised when people refer to PVP players as being sadistic, I've seen that a few times too. That one thread about how people should come and PVP could upset so many people also surprises me. It shouldn't though, I still remember the threads people made when SOE announced PVP servers with KOS, tons of people threatening to quit.
    GBlack and Fleshdecay like this.
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

What a waste of vocabulary. How many more of you are going to come to a thread that is of no concern to you and yet still offend you? The PvE community is just as toxic, if not more, because of it's higher population. (Your rant is a great example)
    You are another one who paints everyone with a broad brush, bashing all pvpers and their community. That is a great definition for stupidity. Your description of pvpers and their mentality can maybe be applied to a few players but in no way does it exclude a pve player. We all have our bad eggs.
    I see way more pve'rs trolling the pvp threads than vice versa. It's extremely pathetic seeing one of you come into these threads and getting offended when it doesn't even concern you. You're like the SJW's/feminazi's of the Eq2 forums. You should be embarrassed.

Edit: As Satyr said, I realize now I'm probably just taking the bait lol. No one can be that stupid, right?
    GBlack likes this.
  13. Heavendancer Member

well if you want him to be able to walk over your grave you probly need to play on a pvp server unless he should wait you in on the pve server until a mob kills you then walk over you.
    GBlack likes this.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I assure you that should my 'niche activity', harvesting, get destroyed, I will not have a 50-thread snit about it.

I'll just spend more time getting gear through adv solos and not make a public spectacle.
    Seefar and Xulos like this.
  15. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yeah instead, all you do is hate on people who can actually be vocal about their situation. What a healthy personality you must have! You aren't any different than the people complaining about pvp. You are complaining about the complainers, what a total redundant action. At least the people initially complaining have a reason. All you are is wasting effort because you don't like something that someone else likes. It doesn't changed the merits of what other people feel and say. It just makes you look petty, and just as bad as the people you are hating on. Good job. Your reason for being in this thread is " ugh pvp people bother me omg :( "

Here's to me hoping that they just make a single player standalone client for single players, so they can not waste server resources for people who actually prefer playing together with other people, actively trying to make a community. Its a pity that this game is a mere chat client attached to a single player game for some people. Maybe they can make an aim client or a chat client and filter off the single player people so that servers arent taxed as much.

People are vocal for a reason, and people who are passive aggressive and "too afraid to make a spectacle" are a problem in this game, for they do not help improve the game. People who are vocal about issues inform people who are too afraid to really vocalize those issues themselves, or at its best give people without a voice a voice. Alot of times they represent the passive aggressive groups of people. Other times they are just trolling. Instead of fighting some internet battle where in the end both of you dorks lose out of principle, start bringing up things that you want improvement from in this game. Make problems, improvements clearer for developers to pinpoint and improve on instead of this limp sausage light-saber fight with dork words and worthless insults. Not much is solved by people who aren't comfortable making a spectacle when necessary.

Either way I'm sure what you like to do is as valuable as what others like to do. Since you are smarter than the PVP trolls, why not showcase your intelligence by not being exactly like every idiot who tries to hate on people with a different opinion/ideas on whats important to them in a video game. Start a dialogue about what can be improved instead based on how you play. Honestly if pvp is menial, like you believe, you voicing your opinion and more people supporting it than your issue will overshadow the less popular issue.

people here should be arguing about what needs to be changed and why, not why someone else is wrong or dumb. It took me a while to understand this. But the biggest problem for this game will always be around. Its the people. And that is pretty unfortunate.
    GBlack likes this.
  16. GBlack Active Member

Well, those guys were rly good derailing this thread, I must admit. Too bad, a lot of us got baited and generated a lot of food for these greenies.

But personally, it was rly all of a sudden and fun to see how PvE ppl is spilling the dirt on things that "never bothered" them =)
  17. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

what a great skill to have! I pity the people who waste their time on such crap. They tend to be the people that make this game worse.
    GBlack likes this.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Driskell PVP vs Wirewhisker PVE. Who will win and challenge Fireburd the Legend for the ultimate forum troll award?
  19. GBlack Active Member

[IMG]
    No need to wait another 4 years at this forum)
    Tharrakor likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My sister had a solution to situations like this with her girls. One day, zooming down the Stemmons Freeway, the girls were in the backseat arguing about a Barbie doll. "Hand that to me!" she said. They did, and she rolled her window down and flung it out of the moving car, then rolled her window back up. Barbies aren't cheap; the girls were shocked silly and speechless.

Thereafter, if the girls were squabbling, all she had to do was arch an eyebrow and ask, "Are you girls going to work this out, or does Mommy have to do it?" Every time, the fight quieted, the girls worked it out, and no more Crazy Mommy.

When PvP goes away, so will the squabbling over who is cheating whom, whining about messing with mechanics that would break the PVE servers, and so on. If it escalates, there's always forum bans or Drunder.

Meanwhile, /popcorn