TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Forged-Night Member

DEADMAN WALKING !!! did you really think it would last beyond 90 days?
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

If true, can we ban any further mention of it?
    Seefar, Feldon, Belenos and 5 others like this.
  3. Forged-Night Member

There is no saving PvP. I didn't make a toon on Deathtoll because I knew within 90 days the novelty would wear off and all the issues and problems that has plagued pvp would re-surface and it would die again. PvP has been on the decline since its conception " hence all the constant server mergers over the years".

PvP was nothing more then the Re-Launch of a Broken and Failed System with a Track Record over the years to prove this fact. IF any want to argue this then I invite you to look around.

I suspect things will get worse since the News has Reported that the PS4 is tied to terrorism and with the recent attack in Paris it wouldn't surprise me further to see people begin to boycott anything related to or possibly tied to terrorism including the PS4 along with anything related to SOE " past...present..or future and it dosent matter how it was reported because that's all people around the world heard.

Many problems over the years from LizardSquad to Anonymous gaining access to a known and outdated system that held our "Financial Information / Banking Information along with SOE's financial problems and we are not just talking Everquest 2 here we are talking Across the Board and all of these problems continue to grow everyday.

I know the Devs didn't create the " PS4 News Report" but im sure it didn't come at a good time and it may prove to be the Final Nail in the Coffin.. so to speak.
    Bloodguts likes this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

what can i think of to say so that this posts gets lock?
    Feldon, Livejazz, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  5. Beaue Member

I can't think of anything that won't start drama except maybe "FFS".
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You could report it for excessive levels of drama-llama and conspiracy theory.

Yelling about the decline in PVP and assigning blame won't help anything. I think it's obvious that it's a sinking ship, and there's nothing to be done to fix it. What DBG probably ought to consider is designing a whole new EQ-PVP game, designed from the ground up to be about PVP, then add quests and such in. It has to be a separate game, because you can't make drastic PVP changes without breaking the PVE servers.
    Ragna, Seefar, Wirewhisker and 3 others like this.
  7. Forged-Night Member

Most people LOOK but don't SEE and HEAR but don't LISTEN.

What I posted above is NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK it just is what it is and its something I did not create nor did I have a hand in any of the problems along the way. If you take anything away from this post it would be to PAY ATTENTION to what is going on around you.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

We told you this would happen. PvP in EQ2 has always been a terrible joke and so few ppl actually play EQ2 for the PvP.

The loud on minority on this forum still won't believe its the truth, but now you see yet another evidence that PvP & EQ2 is terrible.
    Ragna, Seefar and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. apuokas New Member

Why PvP has been a "joke" ?
    Or are you just talking **** because you don't like PvP?

PvP in EQ2 was great. I played in Nagafen at it's prime time and it was awesome. The balancing was pretty great. The server was full of people and excitement was everywhere.

But as with all servers, population slowly got down. Low population hurt blue servers much less than red ones. If you're running looking for a fight, it gets boring.

And by the way, just because you are scared of getting killed in PvP, doesn't mean PvP is a "joke" :)
    GBlack and Eradani like this.
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

11. GBlack Active Member

I doubt you've ever played the old EQII pvp before TSO and the stat consolidation. But I like your joke about "pvp joke". =)
  12. Driskell Active Member

LOL....the losers that post here bashing PVP probably never PVPed and if they did they got rolled and humped so they stop playing and went back to PVE only easy mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GBlack likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Well, PvE certainly is "easy mode," at least compared to one player versus six players that are eight levels higher than he is, ganking and spawn camping him over and over ad infinitum. :p

Oh, and did I mention all the exploiting that poor little guy is up against, too? ;)

Yeah, and jeez, too bad they can't add 2378239784 AAs and the slider back in too, so you can REALLY run everybody off the server and then complain about how dead it is.
  14. Driskell Active Member

You and forged must of been PvP buddies...I see why you hate PvP. Go back to easy mode static mobs and let the big boys PvP.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

I've always found it curious as to the people who are so passionate about PvP in EQ2. It was something that was never really intended for the game, but it seems to have a very small, but very devoted (and vocal) following. Particularly considering that there are so many other options out there for PvP-centric online games. I guess it's driven more by what they hope / wish it would be, rather than the reality of what it has been and is.
    Seefar, Belenos and Spindle like this.
  16. Eradani Well-Known Member

ie: nagafen
    Wirewhisker, Siren and Belenos like this.
  17. Muph Active Member

Sorry but being able to zone at any point while being in combat, is a joke. For that very reason alone, I would never play EQ2 pvp, sorry, that's just terrible.
  18. Driskell Active Member

There are no better PvP games out then EQ2. I have tried them all and they all were just flash in the pan games...Have you ever PvPed? I bet not...I bet most of the haters of PvP have never tried it or if they have its been for a month or less.
    Eradani likes this.
  19. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If you don't create a Deathtoll character RIGHT NOW, then the terrorists have won & humanity is doomed, & you wouldn't want that on your conscience now, would you???
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

These kinds of comments are always amusing to me. It would seem to imply that you think PvP in EQ2 has any kind of material effect on, well, any aspect of gameplay and therefore somehow makes you a superior player -- in a game where there are no significant consequences for losing, and no significant gains for winning.

Unless you're PvPing in an game that has complete item loss and/or permadeath, there's really no place for smack talk. In EQ2 PvP (or Rift, or WoW) everyone is really just a bluebie who wants to think they're all red.
    Taysa, Ragna, Seefar and 4 others like this.