TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Frinch Well-Known Member

ROFL.

When this 12-year beta is over, this game is going to be so great!

Until then, it's: ToT: TimelockedServer of Tumbleweed

~F
  2. Tru of Guk Member

Ok as someone that played pve since creation and just kinda got extremely bored with it Deathtoll has been a nice experience after i finally got over the fact that solo is not the best option in pvp and there are going to be people camping every travel option at times. I even have a few posts complaining about it. I finally got smart and rolled up a couple of the more op classes which has been extreme fun. Me and a buddy each made an sk and we loved running into a group each of us ae'ing the crap out of everyone and then doing a double harmtouch on someone. Ranger is also pretty fun for solo fights. Haven't tried a brig yet cuz I don't really love having to position all the time but that is on my next to do list. I also have a conjy that i play pve only with. I am definately looking forward to KoS for AA's for my defiler...He is my favorite but least played character and is locked at 28...for him alone i have been voting yes every vote just to get some AA's on him and turn beastmode on. Thanks to those that still are playing and teaching me how to pvp.
    Ishtara, Eradani and Spindle like this.
  3. domo Member

I'm sure the population will increase slightly with KoS but it will be even shorter lived than the 3 weeks of population ramp up for DoF. AAs will definitely make certain classes viable but the classes currently imbalanced in pvp will gain more imbalance.

I'm done until transfers are allowed to Stormhold. There are many who have a similar stance on this issue. Hopefully DBG will care to listen.
  4. GBlack Active Member

There was one EMU project but it was shut down long ago due to the huge lack of manpower. :(
  5. Surgeon Active Member

Shut your ***** mouth Luckybub
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I couldn't possibly do any more damage to it than the devs have done themselves.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Forged-Night Member

If you want to make money here is how ya do it so that everyone gets a piece of the pie the Devs / Company and the Players.

First it needs to be a balanced system. The Issues is not with Class Balancing which has never been the real problem but instead its been with the Core of the game where a Raid force chases down ONE SOLO player 6 - 8 levels lower then them or a Bad Match Maker in Battle Grounds.

Once a year or MORE there would be a World Champion Ship with a $20,000.00 - $50,000.00 or LARGER "depending on the amount of folks playing" Purse Prize to the Winner / Team and it would have a cost of $2.00 - $5.00 dollar buy in for the year. I would also be running something similar to " Punk Buster" like what was used back in the day " which eliminated hacks / cheats " but it dose require a good broadband connection depending on the intervals you set it up to check

To take PvP / BattleGrounds " with a adjustment here and there" and return it as a StandAlone and with a decent Prize / Purse as mentioned above well I imagine your gonna need ALOT MORE SERVERS. Half a Million people or more paying 5 bucks once a year for a shot to win lets say $50,000.00 not to mention the EXCITEMENT level is gonna be thru the ROOF.

I mean why the He double toothpicks would ya wanna sit around in LandMark designing a " toilet" or something and wishing someone will buy it on the Station Store when you could be FIGHTING! and MAKING MONEY!

This gets even better and here is how: The program has already been written and because of the Type of game it would be there is NO NEED to spend time and money coming up with New Expansions and in fact other then server maintenance all ya would have to do is SIT BACK AND COLLECT THE MONEY.

I have seen the competition out there and BattleGrounds returned as standalone with Prize / Purse would absolutely Dominate / Spank the competition.

No matter how ya dice it up what I just mentioned here is the next evolution in online pvp

Cordially,

Forged of Antonia Bayle
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

first they would need to make it decent pvp, not easymode.
  9. Malachy Well-Known Member

The problem with EQ2 PVP is simple: a small population want FFA, no holds barred hardcore PVP and go to great lengths for titles taking every ridiculous, low ball advantage they can to get them, while the vast majority of EQ2 players want a more honorable and casual PVP atmosphere ('PVP-lite'). The PVP mechanics laid out by the devs take a middle ground so no one is happy.

If they want a successful PVP server, they need to tailor the rules to one or the other. When you add in the hackers, those that get nothing but pure enjoyment from griefing people and the lack of dev resources, they should just cater to hardcore PVP IMO for Deathtoll. If PVP-lite is to exist at all in EQ2, it should be relegated to one stripped down mock OWPVP battleground or cross-server PVP-enabled dungeon using a sensible ruleset and be inaccessible to Deathtoll players.

I gave up on Deathtoll for the reasons listed above and the fact that I don't run in a group, it's just a miserable place without one. At this point, I really want the devs to get it together or finally pull the plug on all things PVP, sick of listening and reading to the nonstop fail of this aspect of the game. And, yes, I'll be getting off Skyfire (came from naggy) as soon as these mysterious free transfers appear so I don't have to hear it in general chat nonstop.
  10. Marschstiefel Active Member

If you like PVP so much you would continue playing eq2,and not quitting till KOS comes out. So what do you do take breaks for 6 months in between ? "We are bored now " "We raided,got all our gear,got high titles,and now PVP is boring" !!

So when you get bored of KOS you are quitting till EOF comes out than rinse and repeat ? Peope just suck in general....so entitled quitters ! :)
  11. Marschstiefel Active Member

How is it a challenge having 5 on one ??? I never understood that. It's like a bunch of 3 year old children using the same coloring book,and what is the result ?? A scribble mess. PVP is PVP,and griefing,trolling,and talking smack after like a teenager that works at hot topics is another.

Yes solo/duo hunting is good,and is respected, but jumping into a big zerg with numbers vs a lesser faction is no challenge. Or a 6 man group passing a solo,and ganking him/her over and over is no challenge. You just want to be hated and a ganker. That is what most people don't like about pvp. Immature 50 year old men
    Spindle likes this.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

Marschstiefel, I don't think you have much of an idea how PVP works in practice. You may have been scarred/triggered by playing on other servers/in other games, but griefing is uncommon on Deathtoll and bar some exceptions things are rather cordial.

It's worth keeping in mind that even more PVE focused guilds on Deathtoll are taking a break (i.e. the guys with gear at cap) since the content was cleared so quickly. I have a million billion crafting alts and I'm hunting achievements and doing some other things, not everyone enjoys that kind of autistic completionism.
    Eradani likes this.
  13. d1anaw Well-Known Member

You are kidding right? I am starting to believe all the PvE players are huge wimps..Doesn't anyone want a challenge when they play a game anymore or do you all just want easy mode game play??? ******* tree huggers all of you!!
    Driskell, Yesterday at 10:56 AM Report
    I could not have scripted a better example of my point than this response. Does being a bully usually work for you in real life? Let me assure you that I'm not impressed, nor intimidated.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Man, it like some of you think that the rest of us who tried and quit Deathtoll are just a bunch of carebears. Which is total BS. Most of us are experienced gamers & pvp'ers who find the mechanics of EQ2 pvp to be lacking compared to other games.

Its no that we're scared. Its more like we are not impressed.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  15. Greene Active Member

Yep 100% this. I love me the hell out of Planetside 2, and it's all 'pvp'. You don't lose coin when you die, you don't have people with fancy titles that go away if you die too much. This is why you read dozens of posts in EQ2 of people cheating, screen dragging and doing everything possible to cheat when it looks like they might finally die.

I play PS2 to find decent even fights, and blow things up. I play EQ2 to enjoy storylines, socialize and BS in general, and not worry about dying to OP classes.
    Raff and Spindle like this.
  16. Driskell Active Member

Why do all of you tree hugging PvE types even read or post in a PvP post?? You are the trolls. Leave the PvP to the big boys and go kill some dumb static mobs and do group hugs after...
  17. Frinch Well-Known Member

Every day on Deathtoll, something almost happens, but then doesn't.

~F
  18. Orphious New Member

Where in my post did I say I quit until KOS? I play everyday for probably more hours then you do. I have a 60 Necro 55 Defiler and 44 fury I am lvling gearing and pvping on. I also have a 28 lvl twink Troub. The way these TLE servers are the PVE content is super easy since the dps does so much fights last under 3 minutes and we are 3 manning x2 mobs with toons that are not even 60. I still play the game just saying that these servers need more attention. At this point after reading your post you just like to hear yourself talk. I do ask you though to maybe think about the things you are saying before you talk and maybe have a single clue as to what is going on. K Thanks
  19. Driskell Active Member

Right on Orphious!!! Two thumbs up!!!
  20. Forged-Night Member

The servers are fine. Its the game that needs attention and the one constant in all that has been said in this post is folks want a " Balanced" system.