TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

This thread wouldn't even exist if EQ2 pvp was as fun as you guys make it out to be. But its' just not that fun...sorry. There are other games that do it so much better.

EQ2 is an awesome pve game. My all time favorite game of that type. But the dated engine and mechanics can't match the fluid movements so many of us have grown to like pvp-wise.
    Wirewhisker and Belenos like this.
  2. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

With the exception of Driskell, I don't see pvpers going into pve threads trolling or starting troll threads. There has been an over abundance of hate towards pvp from people who have never even experienced it. PvPers react and defend, which then causes more pve keyboard warriors to join the conversation in an attempt to bash pvp in a more sophisticated manner. That doesn't make you any less pathetic haha. You all have my sympathy but please stop making me cringe.
    Ajjantis, Eradani and GBlack like this.
  3. Xulos Member

Exactly. This post made me want to stand up in my chair and clap. Very, very well said on all accounts Elostirion. You have a very presidential/diplomatic way of speaking to these issues and I applaud you for it.
    Wirewhisker and Belenos like this.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

flesh, PVP is my prefered gameplay, just not in either version if eq because of the game mechanics. it really is a much easier and less skill required than most games out there, hence my surprise people would be so nasty in the posts i've been reading lately. i am not mocking, i just don't get it, the way they set it up attacking a fellow player is no different than attacking another mob... so why all the fuss?
    Belenos and Avirodar like this.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

There has been 100's if not 1000's or reasonably good idea's put out to make pvp more solid, and there has also been terrible idea's, if this game had a awesome population, and a very well striving company behind it, I am sure they would look into it further to not make the same mistakes, hind site might be 20/20 but if you don't have the man power to fix the issues, then don't expect a new result.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  6. Marschstiefel Active Member

I bet these amazing pvpers are giving great feedback on what they would like to see done,and not over stressing about it.

Darkhand :How long do you guys want to sit on this cloud for,I am getting a bit bored,I think I am going to go roll a blunt.

Onyx or whatever :I can sit on this cloud all day as long as I can look at this KOS zone,and think about the good days we were all on this cloud drinking red bulls,and quoting chuck norris jokes,and it wasn't empty. Wait I am bored let's go check the moors zone.

Darkhand: Better yet Sora has a "king of the hill" game going on in qeynos hills.

You are right they are !! :)
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

Tried PvP, thought it was crap. Getting jumped on and *********** is no fun for anyone but the sadist e-peeners doing the ************ (though that would need a redefinition of the term 'fun', in my book).

But then, when The Makers announced They were making a PvP variant back in the day, my first reaction was "wait, what?" Way to go, splitting your development resource on... splitting the playerbase. Brilliant. Which idiot thought that one up?

Oh, look. Daybreak has less development resource now. Maybe it's time to finally say 'byebye PvP'?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

My aging memory thinks it was Moorgard yanking Smed's chain to develop PVP. I used to have a bunch of WTF threads saved from the early days but after 10+ years decided to trash them. At any rate I do remember disliking the Moorgard after PVP was introduced. I did like the work he did on Echoes of Faydwer and wish the zones introduced in that expansion could have had more development after he left for Shilling's company.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Lolitsneal New Member

Oh look, another PVE person.

And Seefar, a lot of us enjoy the thrill of being hunted. I often am the victim to ganks but this 100% adds excitement to my playtime where I am always looking over my shoulder. I just do not enjoy pure PVE enough to get psyched to play. Sorry this is so different from your view but I assure you I do not jump into every pve post i see and say they are all noobs and dbg should shut their game down.
    GBlack likes this.
  10. Driskell Active Member

Are you kidding??? You have never PvPed..Why are all these tree huggers bashing PvP so hard...I can only guess, but i think they maybe tried it once and got rolled over. Why not play the entire game not half...******* idiots.
  11. Orphious New Member

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe players on Deathtoll are just bored and ready for KOS? Why are all these Blue server players coming on here and trying to bash pvp players? Last time I check Deathtoll was clearing content faster then Stormhold. The biggest issue isn't EQII pvp has always been ****, there was a time it was great. The issue is everyone got their hopes up for these TLE servers and were given a half baked shell of what we expected. Stat consolidation and current states of gear made these servers ****. Why is my lvl 60 Necro constantly parseing 3.5 k on all fights? Those numbers were never heard of this tier on live. This community is **** and game is ****.
    Fleshdecay likes this.
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Or it could be that people are so over seeing day after day of news about a bunch of thugs indiscriminately destroying people, they don't want their "down" time to be more of the same. I remember stumbling into the test server a time or two and it was PVP and you could not go anywhere or do anything without a gang of thugs just wondering around looking for someone to take down. That's not "fun" to most people. And from what I'm seeing, people cannot even go into their tradeskill instances and do tradeskills without you looking to "take them down". That gives you some sense of accomplishment? Being a bully, even if it's in a game? Kind of makes me wonder how you are IRL. And it may explain why people don't want to play PVP or play with you. Few people really like bullies.
  13. Driskell Active Member

You are kidding right? I am starting to believe all the PvE players are huge wimps..Doesn't anyone want a challenge when they play a game anymore or do you all just want easy mode game play??? ******* tree huggers all of you!!
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

My guess would be an entire department of devs, a server room with top of the line servers, instant replies to any whine. Say no more, say no more :rolleyes:
  15. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It must be wonderful that your real life is so blessedly free of challenge, annoyance, and anxiety that you are forced to look for it in a virtual game.

An no, most times I don't want a challenge from the game. I've had enough of that all day long. I get enough PvP driving back and forth to work every day. When I'm playing the game, I want to relax, chill, de-stress. I want to play a fancy Solitaire, or fancy Hearts if I have friends online.

I certainly don't need to put up with attitudes like yours when I'm trying to game. You remind me so very much of Randy Quaid in Caddyshack 2, trying to make golf 'less boring'. His performance there was suitably ridiculous, but then, it was meant to be funny. It's definitely sadder when you try to make such a stance 'real'.
    Livejazz and Spindle like this.
  16. Orphious New Member

I am not sure if this is a response to me or just in general. If it to em I feel you have completely overlooked the point of my post. This is a game community as a whole. Some people like pvp and some don't. Having pvp everywhere except for a few spots is what people asked for when the server came out. So people on this forum talking down to one another does nothing for the community. If you only like pve thats fine there wouldn't be pve servers if that isn't supposed to be an option to this game. Some people want pvp and it sucks for us few that do that our server is dead. But it isn't about people dying in pvp. I feel like the attitude of oh poor me I died or poor me its too hard to lvl or poor me someone who spends more time and dedicates more to the game has better gear or more achievement. This is what killed this game and the populations all over to every server. This game used to be fun and a challenge and people not wanting what the game used to be is what is killing it. People demanding for changes then complaining when they come in. The gear changes and stat consolidation killed any chance of a good TLE server. If we went back to the true vanilla EQ2 I am not sure we would be having this conversation. We would probably just now be passing the vote for DoF. Sadly we have what we can get and its still pretty fun. Not sure why we have to bash eachother for what we like. Everyone should play their games how they want to and have the best time doing so. If its pve only or PVP and PVE or just PVP if you are having fun then its what is best for this game and community.
    TL;DR stop complaing and fighting just have fun.
    Eradani likes this.
  17. Eradani Well-Known Member

lol, fixed
  18. Ting New Member

The dev team working on TLE is pure garbage, they put no effort into TLE. Plus 2+ weeks to answer a petition and they let a few toxic players ruin the game. They would of been better of launching a kickstarter for their expansion than using the TLE community like they did. I hope this game reverse engineered and free sharded by players who actually know how to code. gninja, holly, caith etc.. all deserve to loose their jobs.
  19. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Indeed, & people who do tend to gravitate to more challenging & better-designed PvP games.

"I know all about courage, I play PvP!!!!!"

Meanwhile, Skyfire General is being trolled, nightly, by ex-Naggy players who are whining that Naggy is gone & "nobody has the sack to PvP any more" & don't want to talk about why they're on Skyfire instead of Deathtoll. But, you know, it's the PvE players who are all huge wimps :rolleyes: But if you really wanna know why TLE PVP is dying, it's simple: because people are seeing Deathtoll as a broken server, & don't like having to pay a monthly subscription for the only PvP server left in the game. AFAIC, anyone still playing on Deathtoll might as well be telling DBG "Thank you for the daily beating sir, please give me another!"
    Raff, Wirewhisker and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. Zampuric New Member

All the people who want to PvP just need to wait till KoS which we have no choice now and everyone is waiting for and for Daybreak to fix Deathtoll's Classes, Items and a few other issues in game, even if they fixed these issues now i'm sure the population would increase majorly but that is highly unlikely, plus i'm still wondering what will be broken with the AAs once KoS is released.
    No attention has been put into Deathtoll from Devs it been left to die with everyone still paying subs which seem for nothing and we have to pay a sub to play on TLE servers which is just wrong on their part not doing anything about these issues.
    if they had given Deathtoll attention it needed i doubt very much Deathtoll would be a ghost town right now.
    Im confused on why you PVEers are even posting on a PvP thread when you have no idea why the server is dying/dead please do not post on PvP Threads without knowing the facts of why Deathtoll is dying/dead just making yourself look like fools and attempting to destroy our PvP server.

Zampuric The Uber