TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

no it wont. people cheated on PVE way before they did on PVP for sure(given that most functionality in cheating or botting has to do with PVE instead of PVP). In fact the first person in drunder was from a PVE server. and you know what, he is playing on deathtoll already. I guess banning people to a server is really working out, and wasnt an effort to get free advertising. lol
    Eradani likes this.
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

PVP- unless you get new players (do they even exist?) Interested in PVP...all you will have is a bunch of OLD elitists too afraid to die to the other elitist. I seen the 1st days of this pvp...and unless a person has a distinct advantage or it isn't 5vs1...no one pvps. So, what ya have here is title huggers that jumped newb harvesters that rage quit after getting ganged. The title huggers hung out in the city doing nothing for 2 months and left. Now you are left with the same elitists that pop in by the bank to gank someone trying to gear up that is either new or just trying to compete with the OP class and player that just ganked you. How do you compete- you don't....game over!!
    Seefar and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no troll points and may our fallen lord Lucifer have mercy on your extra chromosomed soul.
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Same goes for you, obviously.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't even know why they bother. It's like I would click my way over to the crafters or homeshow section, two aspects of this game of wich I neither care or know **** about and start trolling their threads and provocate them because they like it and I don't.
    Bunch of little babies!!
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

The difference is that you're not in some sequestered portion of the forum. You're in General, and not even in a PVP tagged thread. This is where you're supposed to be able to comport yourselves like adults.

And most of us in this thread who have taken positions more or less aligned with mine like PVP (and have for a decade of concurrent years). We know about PVP (having played it for a decade of concurrent years). We just don't care for current company and what PVP has become for catering to current PVP customers. Niche activities like harvesting, crafting and decorating (which were mentioned in this thread) have not been destroyed by precisely the actions and behavior of the

community which engages in those activities. PVP has. And the community which engages in those activities is visible to you in a mirror.

And just for future reference, if you're trying to claim that Sigrdrifa is "insanely idiotic", then those two words clearly do not mean what you think they mean, and must therefore be taken as a compliment.
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

How ironic.

His/Her metaphor is what I labled as insanely idiotic. Not him/her specifically. Reading comprehension goes a long way.
  8. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

expecting people to act like adults when talking about a game that has to do with fantasy content. You can ride a freaking squirrel in this game bro. You can be a non insult midget in this game, do you realize this?

ok lets be serious for a second. super serious. This is a game for a teen adult audience. But anyhow, put the serious hats on.

Your rationalization for people insulting people based on interests is weak. It still is just hurting the existing community that hangs onto this game as it gets marginalized each year. Why do you want to alienate people who like something different about he game? They are part of the reason that the game still exists at this point. The more people alienate others here, the less this game becomes, and the less devs are probably going to be able to put into it. How long before the heads of DBG start thinking " OK we cant keep these idiots happy no matter what, lets just can it all "

I get that you think the pvp community is toxic, but you trying to be as insulting to those that are as caustic as you say is making you no different from them. In fact it makes you look worse because most of the time when PVPers are talking about PVP and arguing passionately about it, the argument boils down to a fundamental " I am stronger than u" argument which is the core of competing on the PVP server and in reality just dumb and in jest. I get that you dont like how PVPers conduct themselves, but if we all were just walking around holding white gloves properly asking permission from each person for a duel and not trying to stir the sh*tpot, PVP would be totally boring.

There is a factor that you dont understand with pvp on eq2, part of the enjoyment has to do with irritating others or causing others an inconvenience. When you get killed you lose coin, or fame, it can piss you off. You can lose a mob spawn, which can piss off a whole group. You can lose a raid mob, which bums out a large group of people. But when we play here we all know thats part of it, and we get used to it. Unfortunately that rage bleeds onto the community forums, and it is totally misunderstood. Everyone who has a pissing match here in the end can come to terms with another, and usually down the line since guilds and alliances come and go end up on the same side for a moment anyhow. But the modus operandi remains the same - lets make each other mad and be competitive with each other. This shows, Deathtoll has the #1 and #2 raiding guild on TLE.

I am sorry that you dont like it friend, but its still a part of eq2, and I dont think the community can really change that. The financial viability of its existance is the only thing that possibly can. So if you really want to kill PVP....stop contributing to the negativity if you think its negative, because all you are doing is contributing to the controversy of something that some people like and some people dont, and then you probably just become a contributing statistic as to why they should keep the PVP server . As soon as DBG sees that only a TINY un profitable faction of eq2 players want PVP, I am pretty sure the PVP servers will get closed and the idea will be abandonded. But as long as its the other way around, you all are just helping the ones you claim to dislike.
    Eradani likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

all this for something that's game-assisted pvp? wow...
    Wirewhisker and Spindle like this.
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

wut?
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

[Best Post of the Year Award] + [Dark Elf Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies with Beer]
  12. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I, too would like the wall to be re-established between the crunchberries and the rest of us.
    Seefar, Belenos, Livejazz and 2 others like this.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

simple era, when i play PVP... it's FPS, aim in their direction, duck and shoot. not point, click auto-attack and auto-target. eq1 and eq2 pvp, is not actually PVP to me, it's just being able to target a player like any other mob. this is why i don't bother with it in either game, i really do not get all the excitment over something that's rather basic.
    Belenos likes this.
  14. GBlack Active Member

Why do you even read and post in pvp related threads then? Not getting excited - just move along, since your post don't add anything constructive related to the topic, but you guys prefer to show off. Typical.
  15. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Thank you for your opinion. While I and many others enjoy a good FPS as well, we still find Eq2 pvp to be quite enjoyable also.
    GBlack likes this.
  16. Elostirion Well-Known Member

This was actually a thoughtful post. Kudos.

A couple misconceptions to clear up though:

The fantasy content in the game is irrelevant to the argument in the thread. The reality content in the game is that which the customers bring with them, i.e. the relationships they build between people.

Exactly. But I'm counting my opinion on that as actually irrelevant, which we'll come back to in a sec.

Actually, I'm not insulting people in this thread. I have talked about aggregate behaviors, and the incontestable results of those. It is not an insult to speak truth, if you want to have different results, then you need the unvarnished truth in order evaluate behaviors. Second, I'm not disparaging actual PVP, or the interest people have in it as I stated. I'm disparaging behavior which alienates people. So we're arguing toward the same goal, actually. Third, your hypothetical dev quote is exactly the motivation behind my post. And Sigdrifa's. Do you think you could communicate that to Fleshdecay? He seems to have missed that rather focal point.

Here's the big one. This is how it is *now*. This isn't how it always was. This is the basis for most of us old farts looking on current PVP players as missing something integral to their character, and dragging the genre down because of it. In the dim dark ages at the turn of the century or so, the *minority* constituent of PVP described the mental state as you have here. The majority behaved more like olympic wrestlers or boxers. The adversarial engagement did not make people enemies. Anger was not a component of aggression. After the contest was over, the combatants emotionally shook hands, and would even compare notes on what might have caused the outcome, and suggest improvements to the other. Now of course that didn't happen all of the time, but the relative proportions of each kind of engagement have reversed, the 'rage monkey' crowd has unceasingly increased.

Three really important things here. First, it doesn't really matter if I like it. I'm just one customer. You're exactly right, the financial viability of catering to customers is what matters. The community can absolutely change the financial viability of catering to PVP customers. So the aggregate opinion of customers is what matters, not my opinion. And the aggregate opinion of customers is unfortunately rather clear. What's the title of this thread?

It costs DBG about the least it ever has to give PVP players their sandbox. And collectively, you've defecated in that sandbox once again. Time after time, PVP servers in this game (and most others in the MMO genre) fail because the new attitude of PVP players pushes people away until you have no-one to play with.

You've reached this point. And the only unkind thing I've done in this thread is, as I said in the first sentence I wrote, is feel more than a little schadenfreude that some of you have realized that you've done it to yourself.[/quote][/quote]
    Seefar, Belenos, Xulos and 1 other person like this.
  17. GBlack Active Member

[/quote][/quote]

Did I understand correctly? You said that it's pvpers guilt that EQII pvp is dead?

If so, do you think that pvpers responsible for all those pvp changes that led to the mass exodus? I mean dumbed down stat system, pvp stats, AA slider, AA cap removal, Guild halls that made the world barren, unnecessary fame system changes, etc.
    The majority of us were happy enough before that changes arrived, and there is nothing about pvp trashtalks, attitude or locking/twinking. The game got much worse then it was before - that is the real reason of dead pvp.

Watchin' pve ppl is beating the dead pvp horse just ensures that everyone can be an arrogant ***** no matter what type of server he plays.
  18. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Yes.

The game is 11 years old. There have been several exodusses (exodii? exodeese? :) PVE'ers have exodited as well.

Is the rate of exodus of PVP'ers more or less than PVE'ers? Do you still have anyone to play with? Do the PVE'ers still have anyone to play with?

The PVE'ers had to deal with the dumbed down stat system and many of the strategically odd changes to AA's as well. Guild halls didn't make the cities barren because of decoration, or else only the decorators would be hidden from the world. The sequestration of so much functionality (banker, broker, vendor, transportation, storage, etc etc etc) did that. So again, compare the population that the PVE people have left in spite of those changes, and what you have left.

Pvp stats and fame changes, etc? You have a short memory. PVP'ers clamored for those changes. A minority of PVP'ers opposed them saying they would lead to .... oh lookee, exactly what you have now. And then add on top of that all the attitude, which again, is somewhat present in PVE'ers but is nearly ubiquitous in PVP'ers.

The game has declined, I agree. Mostly from listening to the wrong customers and competitors. And of the two groups, the result shows that one has had a greater negative effect.
    Ragna, Seefar and Wirewhisker like this.
  19. GBlack Active Member

I did not do the edit in time regarding to decorators. It was a bit an overexaggeration. But despite the convinience, GHs had very devastational impact on pvp, allowing ppl just use all those insta ports.

And there is no connection between the populations. PvP one became so tiny just because when the game got fked up, pvp was affected much more than pve, not because pvpers are bad or angy and pveers are so wise.
  20. Fetish Well-Known Member

Is it really that hard to understand? Other players (you?) have been paying for a piece of **** PvE game, and choosing option 3, for 10+... So be careful with the analogies about vending machines, as your vending machine is dropping **** bars also.

If it wasn't for F2P and Kronos your PvE game would have been dead long ago... The only way that it even survives as a F2P game is that people with too much money pump Kronos into the economy that other people, who otherwise wouldn't spend money on the game, can use to play without the F2P restrictions.

The PvP TLE server was soooooo close to being a success...but there have been too many game changes over the years that SOE is unable to reverse: Stat consolidation, nerfing of mobs, nerfing of quests, nerfing of groups being needed for group content, nerfing of raids being needed for raid content. That and the complete and blatant disregard by DBG for hacking, botting, and exploiting. On PvE, the hacks and exploits might never even be seen by you...on PvP, they are directly affecting you enjoyment and confidence in the game and it's developers

Deride the people who enjoy EQ2 red servers if you want...it was an ******* PvE'er that started this trollbait thread.
    Siren, Eradani and GBlack like this.