TLE DeathToll dead after just 30days

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forged-Night, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Darksavanna Active Member

My AR15 and P99 say the terrorists better make me go boom splat. If not Iam gonna do all i can to make sure i win.

On a lighter note *go deathtoll go" my packers cant fight might as well watch a server try and fight
    Belenos likes this.
  2. Noguchi Member

Death Toll pvp is now dead because many have stopped the game. Or if you look at the PVP where it makes sense that people go into exile and their own Fraction kill just as the Russians do it since 2 days that has nothing to do with PvP.

Deathtoll need fix on Bot Players and Cheats too, and Need Items and Class Fixes.
    Most PvP Class on Deathtoll are Scouts or Crusaders.

Exile Players atm have Fun Zerk Peoples by Quests or any Stuff, if this all PvP for the Peoples then it will be the death of the server also be showing alongside because Custom Service of no interest in the PvP server or at some thoughts which makes about what to change.
  3. Forged-Night Member

Driskell this is not PvP bashing but the reality of what has come to pass. Many know I played pvp and enjoyed it and I also knew it needed some tweaks and tucks here and there like so many knew as well and I would love to see it return but properly and as a stand alone game but with one major Catch to it:

Once a year there would be a World Champion Ship with a $20,000.00 - $50,000.00 Purse Prize to the Winner / Team and it would have a cost of $2.00 - $5.00 dollar buy in for the year. I would also be running something similar to " Punk Buster" back in the day " which eliminated hacks / cheats " but it dose require a good broadband connection.

To take PvP / BattleGrounds and return it as a StandAlone with a decent Prize / Purse as mentioned above well I imagine your gonna need ALOT MORE SERVERS. Half a Million people paying 5 bucks once a year for a shot to win lets say $50,000.00 not to mention the EXCITEMENT level is gonna be thru the ROOF. I mean why the He double toothpicks would ya wanna sit around in LandMark designing a " toilet" or something and wishing someone will buy it on the Station Store when you could be FIGHTING! and MAKING MONEY!

I have seen the competition out there and BattleGrounds returned as standalone with Prize / Purse would absolutely Dominate / Spank the competition.

No matter how ya dice it up what I just mentioned here is the next evolution in online pvp

Cordially,

Forged of Antonia Bayle
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

So League of Legends?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Forged-Night Member

6. Rolien Active Member

Oh god my sides.

"Let the big boys play"
    Meanwhile on Deathtoll....
    Hackers everywhere and like 3 classes that just wreck everyone else.

Meanwhile at Daybreak..
    "They are not hacking just laging"

I will stick with my non hacking mobs while the big boys play in their hacker infested paradise.
    Wirewhisker, Livejazz and Siren like this.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

This sounds likes the biggest fail idea only second to Sora's kill of the hill tournament on Nagafen.
    Fleshdecay likes this.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

So which is it? Your server is dead because no one will play - and you are hoping to get more people, or you just want the big boys?

I've grouped with Forged on PvE Easy Mode mobs and every time I did I wished they were players. I imagine in PvP he would make you cry like a little girl IRL.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

That made me cringe and laugh at the same time.
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

non-hacking mobs? seriously??

i've reported the orcs in the ruins for hacking - attacking through walls and floors, walking through walls, etc. and i seem to recall a report about some hacking dragon who teleported through the floor in some temple.
    Ragna, Wirewhisker and GBlack like this.
  11. Syanis New Member

What do these PvPers expect? EQ2 is a PvE game plain and simple. Having PvP added is a novelty at best and without utterly destroying the PvE side PvP could never truely be balanced or meaningful. PvPers may hate it but its the truth and it will NOT change. Further the vast majority of players are PvE'rs and the number of full PvPers are very small and without massive imbalance generally allowing those few who totally destroy others they wouldn't even stick around.

So my suggestion to PvPers be them in Deathtoll or elsewhere is check out a different game that is designed solely around PvP. Looking into Camelot Unchained being done by some of the same minds from DAoC but a solely PvP based game where PvE is just very minor w/o experience for crafting. Then stop whining trying to turn something that isn't meant to be something into what you want.
    Seefar likes this.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Still reminds me on the "good" old days in felu (Old UO).... hell, i got over it :rolleyes: sometimes soon.
  13. GBlack Active Member

Well, it is quite a hypocricy to say pvp was always bad just cuz you did not like it. It had flaws but for some period of time it was very good and enjoyable. The thuth is that devs do not give a crap about pvp , but you prefer to bash pvp. But thx for Camelot link btw.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

:D
    Kalderon likes this.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

When whatever niche activity you enjoy, whether it's decorating or crafting, gets destroyed, please remind me to come back and cheer from the side lines. The weird casual elitism that has permeated this game's community since DoV, that cheered on the demise of raiding and PVP, really bugs me.

God forbid people enjoy different things to you.
    Fleshdecay and Eradani like this.
  16. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Well said, the amount of hypocrisy and ignorance from them is astonishing.
    GBlack likes this.
  17. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

How many comments from these other niche players do you see where they are deriding those who don't take part in their niche as lesser beings? How many decorators have you seen excoriating those who don't decorate as "only playing half the game"? How many crafters have you seen telling those who don't craft to start crafting and become a "big boy"?

Face the fact that of the alternate play styles, PvP is pretty much the only one that looks down on those who don't partake in their particular play style. And that attitude is what drives the lack of sympathy evidenced in threads like this one.
    Seefar, Belenos, Ceyllynn and 2 others like this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

We could jump into a time machine, go back to 2008 and see virtually the same threads: This or that class is massively over/under-powered. This or that ability is unfair because someone died in PvP. The developers need to address our particular PvP related issue immediately, or the game is doomed. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

It's like the PvPers are standing in front of a vending machine that sells those healthy, whole-grain energy bars. Except, there's one row that has Snickers. So they put their money in, wanting to get the Snickers, and the machine gives them an energy bar. That's not what they wanted, they're upset, but they put more money in again. Again they get an energy bar. They yell. They punch and kick the machine. Then they put their money in again, and guess what? They get another energy bar.

They have three choices. (1) Learn to enjoy eating granola. (2) Stop putting their money in that machine and go find another one that dispenses Snickers. (3) Yell and kick the machine some more, then put even more money in hoping that they'll finally get their Snickers bar.

Our astonishment is simply is that for the past 8+ years, some of you have been consistently choosing the third option.
  19. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Continue painting every pvper with same broad brush. You both are only further proving my point.
    Applying that mentality to RL I can only assume you consider Islam, it's religion and it's people to all be violent terrorists too?
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

Nice try at diverting the conversation, but if you're still here stomping your feet about PvP then I suspect what I wrote must ring true for you. So, how long are you going to keep on putting money into that vending machine? I'm just curious.
    Seefar and Wirewhisker like this.