Unable to Patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Flohblut, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

would deleting LaunchPad.exe from the directory, and re-downloading the executable from the everquest2 website be a viable option?
    if same error on two technically different programs, then may suggest operating system level issue, firewall or some such.
  2. Caethre Active Member

Ok, I started a complete new installation of EQ2 from their website. I copied EQ2.exe, LaunchPad.exe and EverQuest2.exe from the new install to the old one.

When I then run from the existing installation, I *still* get the web exception.

Running from the new install does not give it (but of course, only 1% of the game has been downloaded so far)...
  3. Momo Well-Known Member

Ye brave! I dont dare to do this with my hand-braided sisal internet connection oÔ

Do those guys react to problems posted here or should we write to support? I wouldnt like to spam them with the same problem from dozens of players if not nessessary...
  4. Gudum Active Member

ok, the error message I get is the same as everyone else, with the 404 error on the following address:

http://manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-en/live/eq2-en{full}.sha.soe

if I type that into firefox, I get the same 404 error, but if I change the address as follows:

eq2-en%7Bfull%7D.sha.soe

to

eq2-en-full.sha.soe

then I can actually access the file (note the %7B and %7D are "{" and "}", and appear to be auto-translated in a web address on here)
  5. Caethre Active Member

Solved!

I cancelled the download of the fresh installation after 2%.
    I then copied every file (but none of the folders) from the new installation's main folder to the existing installation's main folder.
    This overwrote 60 files.
    Then I ran my existing installation.

I am now in game.

But ... what a bodge, eh?

Addendum:
    Bah ... not as good as it sounded. Yes, I am in game, but it is still downloading. So, it seems to be refreshing things. Lots of things. I bet it is doing a full bloody download! But at least that stupid web exception has gone and I am in game.
  6. Therendil Member

Might be a LaunchPad issue. First thing I noticed was that it didn't remember that I had ever logged in, and made me agree to the user agreement again. I tried logging in to Dragon's Prophet and had no trouble, *but* did have to re-enter my credentials again. There was a prominent notice posted stating that DP gets a new launcher today and that the new one would make you re-enter your login data again. This makes me wonder if EQ2's launcher also got an update, but got one that broke something.

-= Therendil =-
  7. MichaelBB New Member

I am getting the same issue, tried to log in about ten minutes ago. Is there room in the boat?
  8. Momo Well-Known Member

Yeps surses *shuffles to the side*
  9. Gudum Active Member

I also had to re-enter my login information and accept the user agreement, but then get the 404 error.

Apparently the update to the launcher changed the file name for the manifest file, and the corresponding change has not been made at the website.

I am able to log in by bypassing the launcher and running the game directly.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

I have the same error, but I am not going to download 18 gigs... I'm just going to go play something else until they fix this.
    Xianthia likes this.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This for me as well, I'm ok with some workarounds as well as a little hoop jumping to get things going... This should be fixed or get told exactly what to do and not have to guess or grasp at straws.
  12. Jemeni New Member

Try this if you are on Steam (not sure if that is everyone now):
    1. Go to Library and right click Everquest 2
    2. Select Properties
    3. Go to the Local Files tab
    4. Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This ran for a couple of minutes and then returned a message that 700 odd files that needed updating.
    Close the window and click Play in your Library.

My Launchpad finally connected and downloaded 2,823 MB before launching the game.

Good luck all.
    Berilie likes this.
  13. Argost New Member

I don't know if this will help anyone or not but it looked like my system was attempting to redownload the entire thing again via the streaming client. I went into advanced settings and switched it back to full download version and it became just a quick patch and I am now in the game.
  14. Gudum Active Member

Question for the people getting the 18gig download of the game, are you running the full install or the streaming version? I'm running the full version, and the launcher just errors out on a 404 file-not-found error, never even starts downloading anything.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

So what game(s) are you working on ATM?

I went back to Defiance this past weekend and I'm finally getting around to playing Batman Arkham City.
  16. Komatus Well-Known Member

Hi Wurm! Gordonius here! Having same problems with the error during launch. Retry gets me the error again and again. I agree with not downloading the 18 Gigs of game data. I will wait till they fix it and if they don't, other games await me online and off.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Tried validating files, error code, tried all options available and usual work arounds...game is essentially down and won't load due to that error.
  18. Eles Well-Known Member

ok, I use the full downloaded client. and now i'm downloading 19 gb of preloadin assets? :( I can't even validate the files, what's wrong now :(
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yea just get a screen full of error codes when trying to validate files. Something went boom big time.
  20. Therendil Member

Couple more data points... My wife logged in with no problem. She hadn't played yet today. I logged in on my other system with no problem. Hadn't played there today either. So the game is up and running fine, but something happened to break the local setup on the one system I have used to play today.

-= Therendil =-