Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mynx4fun New Member

Same happening here... ugh... SoE help! :confused:
  2. MelissaB63 New Member

Same problem here. 2 accounts, 2 different computers. Both computers wanting to redownload the entire game.
  3. Nurthel New Member

Same for me and my wife, I played last night and did nothing to my computer, my wife played last night and this morning and now she has the same 14G Download, SoE Please fix this asap or at least acknowledge that there is an issue and you are looking into fixing it.
  4. Gilasil Active Member

Ok, the thing about clicking/unclicking full download did nothing but launching it directly seems to work. That's a temporary fix at best since they obviously made SOME sort of change and, until I get it I'm slightly out of sync, which could cause wierd problems at some point. Although whether I'd be able to tell whether a particular bug was due to that or just due to their generally buggy software who knows.

I work for a company which also sells online services (aimed at corporations and far less fun then EQ2). If something liked this happened droves of people would be jumping all over it, talking to the customers etc. Of course the customers pay substantially more then $15/month too so maybe you get better service for bigger fees..

But they WOULD be all over it, customers would know they were all over it, and customers who were particularly inconvenienced would get a personal apology once everything was resolved.
  5. TSR-SeanF Member

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I can assure you this is being looked into. If you can, please reply with the following info or send it to me personally so we can forward some additional information to help out the launch pad team:

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full):
    Current Game Directory:
    LaunchPad Version:
    Shell Version:
    Installer Version:

The last 3 bits of information can be located on the ‘About LaunchPad’ section of the Advanced Settings menu in the launcher.

Your assistance is appreciated!
  6. drissesen New Member

7. drissesen New Member

Is there any posible time that it will be fixed at this point ?
  8. Ninjablur New Member

I talked to a rep and they told me to re-download the Launchpad. When I did that the problem still existed, and on top of that, I don't have the "Full Download" checkbox, it has fully disappeared. I hate wasting bandwidth like this, so unnecessary.
  9. TSR-SeanF Member

We have no ETA on when this issue will be fixed, unfortunately, but it is actively being worked on as we speak. As a temporary work around you can go to your EverQuest 2 directory and run EverQuest2.exe to get into the game and avoid the large download.
  10. Carmynn New Member

Launchpad: Streaming
    Game Directory: public > sony online entertainment > Installed games > everquest II
    Launchpad: 4.0.0.719 (14)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4
    Installer: 1.0.3.183
  11. Carmynn New Member

The EverQuest 2 directory and run EverQuest2.exe work around does work you just have to type in your password and character you want to play.
  12. Wolfyette New Member

Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (15)

If it helps I am running windows 7 64 bit, fully updated, run launcher in admin on a regular basis.
  13. Leetha New Member

Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Everquest II
    Launchpad: 4.0.0.719 (15)
  14. Iowna New Member

Copyright 2009-2012 Sony Online Entertainment.
    All rights reserved.
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
  15. Gilasil Active Member

Launcher type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended
    Launchpad: 4.0.0.719(15)
  16. Truian Member

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version:4.0.0.719(15)
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4
    Installer Version: 1.0.3.183
  17. Caela Well-Known Member

Launcher Type: I'm not sure - probably streaming - is there a way to tell?
    Current Game Directory: D:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
  18. Triked New Member

Any updated word on when we will have a fix to this and be able to use the streaming client again?
  19. Bartoc New Member

I ran into the 14GB download problem, let it run while catching up on some shows on DVR, when I got back to my computer the launcher wasn't up and when I kicked it off it started a 4GB (not 14GB) download.

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): Streaming
    Current Game Directory: c:\users\public\sony online entertainment\installed games\Everquest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4
    Installer Version: 1.0.3.183
  20. PeterRJG New Member

Yep, having the same problems here. Had to bypass the launcher and go straight to everquest2.exe. Lots of silly little things creeping into this game of late.