Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Kwill New Member

Just bypass the launcher, I got back in fine ... and I did petition it.
  2. Bigflyer New Member

How do you bypass the launcher?
  3. Kwill New Member

You can double click the eq2 icon in the eq2 folder -- it will show you those files from the launcher, go to advanced and click the show files link.
  4. Galeric New Member

Open program like always
    Click on the advanced tools(lower left)
    Click on the "Open game directory"
    Close the patcher
    Double click "EverQuest2"

You are in, and have some fun.
    jakenn, Bigflyer and Feara like this.
  5. Ammusin New Member

Same deal here - but did what Kwill said and I am currently in game. Why the launcher is giving this problem is frustrating
  6. Blacke Vein New Member

I Went into the game directory and loaded up the Everquest 2.exe ( for those that may not know "the blue eq2 icon" ), The Client itself. it will bypass the launcher for now, I have no idea why I would have to install 14 gigs worth of files, I did a game file validation and it said something about 1700 ish files not being up to date or something lol. anyways hope you guys can get into the game using the client. later!
  7. AngryConjy Active Member

I have 2 acts, and both are doing the same thing.
  8. Shaharaze New Member

I'm having the same problem and the check box trick isn't working for me. Opened a Live Chat with SOE and told them of my issue and this Forum. They are looking into the issue right now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
  9. Wolfsbaine Active Member

I was having the same issue and tried changing it around. Going from Full download to streaming and back. I got in when I ran it from everquest2.exe. It wanted me to download about 14,077mb. First time I have had any issues like this. A couple times it tried to force me to use the streaming client
  10. ringletoo New Member

Thanks...worked for me.
  11. herem Member

be nice if a red name were to post, giving us an idea of why this is happening and when they'll have it fixed.
  12. Pooka New Member

Logged out 90 minutes ago. Came back to the same stuff. Checking and unchecking full download didn't work, but skipping the launcher did.
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

I'm having an issue that is a little different than what everybody is saying here, but I think they're related.

I know that I don't have a lot of harddrive space left (I'm running on a mac that I've partitioned to dual booted to windows 7) but I should have enough to run the game. I played on Thursday no problem then flew out of town for work until yesterday. When I try running the updater now I get a pop-up telling me that I have insufficient disc space and need to free up 4 GB. If I launch from the app in my eq2 folder and bypass the download then I can log in just fine.

That would seem to indicate that the updater is trying to download a ton more info than I really need.
  14. Sclerotia Member

I logged in this morning with no issue and then this afternoon it was back to downloading 14g. There is something wrong here.
  15. Indrus New Member

I am glad I am not the only one. This is happening to me too. I logged off last night fine, now it wants me to download about 10GB.
  16. Lyrina Member

I have the same problem here. Logged off ~10 Hours ago and now the Patcher downloads 14GB. I just bypassed the Patcher by launching the EQ2 exe directly. But seriously... wth? Wouldnt be that kinda Problem, to download it (im on 100MBit Cable)... but WHY?

Im on Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Intel QuadCore, nVidia, Gigabyte.

Please give this a fix, thank you!

/bow
  17. Usix New Member

I did all this also ^^^

I did load the game from the main folder only to get into the game and have my key bindings all wrong! ugh! well only 3.5 hours later and and 1 GB of files left to DL from 11.7GB...
  18. Kesstryl Member

Same here, client is trying to re-download the entire game, very frustrating, and no I never turned on Streaming Client because I hate it.
  19. Yoshao New Member

So here's 2 questions :
    1. - Will it do this to us again, if we let it do the full download?
    2. - Why hasn't a Dev or a Mod or SOMEONE in SOE addressed this yet?
  20. Usix New Member

A-1 I will find out in about 3 mins if it makes us download again.. 98.4% done
    update: 100% done with the download
    closed the launcher and lets see...
    Update! I did have to Download again Thanks the Gods! time to play!