Your pet on 8-20-14

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Aug 20, 2014.

1. guado Augur

Earth Pet EM 20 fully buffed is now terrible at keeping aggro off multiples, especially while using multiple wiz mercs.

So, the Earth pet can tank 5-6 at the same time in Mistmoore(revamped) with AA/ Blocks, etc, but keeping aggro.. HAH... now that would be nice.

Cycling like normal with taunts and such. I can no longer do what is the most fun (After beaming anyway)

Edit: more description so people don't misinterpret my post:

Buffs
    Burnout and Iceflame,
    Frenzied Burnout, Fortify Companion, Aegis, Auspice, Host, and Companion's Blessing even!

Virulent Talon

Pretty much with a fully defensive pet, keeping up Aegis and Auspice and Kildrukhan AA when available. Spam healing with a druid with fast heals, strong heals, and the "oh s***" heals as well. Of course with a cleric merc backup healing.

2 Wiz mercs on Balanced.

The Earth Pet at EM20 fully buffed is not generating enough aggro to tank multiples, despite its actual ability in terms of mitigation / di spread / constant heals.
  2. Reviled Elder

I'd never seen an instance in my guild where tanks were hurting for groups. Of all the instances of raid tanking, I'd guess we used a pet < 10% of the time. I always prefer having a real tank to a pet in groups, as long as they were played well and not in Heroic gear still.

It's like there's a Tank Union, and some of them saw that pets could do their job in some situations, so they had to be squashed like the non-union scum they are. Whatever.
    Danille and Mintalie like this.
  3. gyrixfiddlhorn Journeyman

@ guado it is the truth, if one class can solo then all should be able to, or if one cant then all shouldn't, plain & simple if u add mercs to the fold of a soloer then it becomes almost (in some cases) a full group. waaaaaaaay overpowered & unfair for the other non soloable classes
  4. Nickster86 Elder

If they wanted all classes to be able to solo and be totally equal then they should only have put one class in the game and what fun would that be. I don't complain that I can't solo on my cleric
  5. Raen Journeyman

This logic is not sound.

If one class can solo, all should. If one class can heal, all should. If one class can tank, all should. If one class can melee dps, all should. If one class can wear plate, all should. Etc.
  6. gyrixfiddlhorn Journeyman

that's absurd, but that's what mages necros & bst do in this game
    they tank (via pets) they heal they solo, ready made group, heck to some extent they even cc well
  7. Savil Lorekeeper

Ya, why just yesterday I was swarming grounds over and over with my mage... ops, forgot I was watching a SK do that... When do you yell about them? Yet another clearly biased melee...

Savil
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

that is just 3 classes, that is the minority. We have 3 classes which can take hard hits and tank raids, does that mean the other 13 classes should be able to just because 3 can?

EQ has different classes with different strengths, some can solo, some are required for groups (tanks & healers), some are good at pulling, some can port, Different classes would be pointless if they didn't have different strengths.
  9. gyrixfiddlhorn Journeyman

oh ive made my comments on swarming too. that's quite an abuse of power also, headshot, assinate, decap. all need to be done away with or added to a warrior
  10. Raen Journeyman

The list of things I can do as a necro is shorter than what I can't. Can cross soloing off the list now.
  11. Raen Journeyman

What's your magelo? Lets find out your scope of experience.
    guado likes this.
  12. gyrixfiddlhorn Journeyman

my scope of experience is from day one of eq, I may not raid but I play this game & know how to play it, even this dummed down easy game yall call eq
  13. nildiar Lorekeeper

Warriors arent campigning agaist pet classes? Isnt that what you all keep claiming? Yet here we are after a nerf that substatially changed the way all 3 pet classes function and are played.And what do we hear? Another clear crusade to nerf pets even more and on top of that make wars even more powerful than they already were? Conspiracy?

Honestly i have been following the threads very very carefully, there have been some warriors that have ceaselessly crusaded against pets and our role in eq. The role i might add was originally the vision for our class. I have also seen a few warriors crusade with us pet classes that things were fine as they were.

While i DO understand this was the devs trying to fix something they themselves caused "hello headshot beam etc" The question really becomes what is it they want for the pet classes? With a dwindling population and a aging playerbase, it deff looks like they are trying to make the power many classes once enjoyed dissapear. While i am not happy about the nerfs they are still within ranges for my class that IF i decide to pop my merc and go solo something i still can.... Is it as easy as before the resonding answer is NO.

I do however feel that the class envy that is being portrayed on these boards is ludicrous... If i see a war lfg now and i have btw send war a tell "me hey soandso want to go do x?" "response Naw im only interested in Y" "me ok wel any interest in anything else?" "response NOPE, i told you what i was willing to do"

In many ways this reminds me of the pre merc cleric percieved options. Cleric doesnt wanna do x try to get a sham or druid or 2 to do x. the answer toi that was mercs.... So i ask whats the answer now??

Tanks excelle at what they do, they take a monster a$$ whooping and dish out enough aggro to make mobs never notice that there are other classes in the group. So what now? making tanks a solo class should never be the option can they solo? No, but the class design was never meant for that. can mages solo sure, but there class design was meant for that.

The ONLY thing these nerfs have cause is more bitterness and class envy.... Think im wrong?? Look no further than the umpteen posts about pets and how people love to jump in and claim that pets should be nerfed cause tanks cant do x. While anytime a pet class tries to point out what wars can do we hear more slander and flip flopping and back pedalling.... It is my most HUMBLE conclusion that the people that crusaded will never ever be happy no matter what the end result is.. I seen a ton of other mages do things i thought were impossable.... Why cant i do the,m? Well the simple answer is im not as skilled as the other mages. But to turn around and say i want X because they can "hello warriors" is ludicrous
    Mintalie likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

if you have been playing over 15 years, why the rant now about warriors not being able to do stuff other classes can?

Why the constant comparing to AD&D, you know this game is different.
  15. gyrixfiddlhorn Journeyman

ive always said it from the start, I just don't use these forums
    Suffer likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

As another "outsider" what I saw was this

Some members of the 3 tank classes whine that "tanking is hard"

Devs reply that they are right where the devs want them so shut up and play

Tanks reply "but mage pets can do it!"

Devs reply "Oh, really?"

The original tank request was to do exactly what the pet people asked for, that is beefing up tanks which the devs let them know wasn't going to happen.

I know that sounds harsh
  17. Suffer Lorekeeper

A raid geared monk vs a raid geared beastlord even before the pet nerf would smoke me moloing with a merc. Should beastlords go on a crusade to nerf monks because they tank better, pull singles at will, and out dps me without spells and while using the same weapons???

This class envy is rediculous.... As a beastlord I will quit EQ before I group with a tank to get group content done. I am that bitter lmfao!!
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The problem here is this mentality a few keep pushing that we're either with or against pets, that there's no middle ground, and if against, clearly a jealous hater on a crusade to crush pet user's enjoyment in every form. One can be for changes being made to pets without any hate at all.

Trying to be as objective as I can: pet classes have had it really good over the last few expansions. And that's fine, every class has it's day in the sun, but ignoring that fact when some of that advantage is being reduced to sonewhat sane levels (ie, I might have to do some work to keep my pet alive relative to a pc tank) isn't objective, either. Pet classes weren't "fine as is" and the repeated and useless posts that say "class envy", "warrior crusade", "change tanks instead" are just as pointless as idiots gloating about the changes.
    Zentara likes this.
  19. Barper Lorekeeper

To say that this was not a conspiracy; yeah I can agree to that. To say it was not spearheaded by a few people of a select class is absolute ignorance to the entire process. Daegun has spent every waking moment of his life the past several weeks to ensure that pets were brought down a notch. I don't even have the time in my life outside of work to be able to enumerate the amount of posts, parses, and videos he's contributed to the pet tanking forum in sense heading (and pretty much anywhere else anyone mentions "pet"). It's literally been a crusade.

That being said, I don't think these changes were so harmful that as a direct result people be deleting accounts and quitting the game, although I won't say you're wrong in doing so. It's a game, if you're having fun and enjoying it and can afford to keep paying for it that's your prerogative. If you're not enjoying it you shouldn't feel compelled to keep burning your money away on access to pixels monthly.

I messed around in mistmoore a bit last night and was pleasantly surprised at how big of a difference the gargoyle pets HP starting at 100% was on overall petting mobs. Pet was definitely a bit more spikey overall, but I've adjusted by dragging my cleric around with my enchanter/mage team and just throwing an occasional light or group heal and it's same ol' same ol'. There have been named in the game that limit a magician's pets effectiveness to tank, and zones. Now the line has been stepped back a little bit further, but not to the point of dramatically changing playstyle. We can still Solo, we can still Molo.

Just don't understand a) Why exactly everyone is freaking out so bad, and b) why someone would assert that this was not in large part a direct result of one man's crusade against other classes in EQ's overpowered nature.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The original RoF was in a world of its own. Aggro issues for sk were largely addressed, though I still think Voice of Thule is too powerful and needs a nerf.

We have other issues (tap reliance, t'vyls stacking, raid role/use), but we weren't a class that was hurting too badly imo.