Your pet on 8-20-14

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Cicelee Augur

A lot of people hear about nerfs to pets, and automatically want to delete their account and cancel their subscription.

I am not one of those people. The purpose of this thread is, now that pet changes are live, to share your new experiences and situations with pre-patch experiences and situations.

Can you still do the same things now than what you can do beforehand? If you could molo a Gribble kill task mission before, can you do it now? What about the named?

I logged on, and going to do a few things I know I could do in the past. I will share my experiences and opinions/facts later this morning. Hopefully others can post their experiences and maybe everyone can see that it is not as bad as a lot of people thought!!!

Or the sky is indeed falling, and a million accounts will be lost...
    Ratbo Peep and Sheamous like this.
  2. Sostenes Augur

These are the changes within the latest patch:

- Magician - Higher ranks of Call of the Heroes now use less mana.
    - Magician - Air pets that previously stunned targets up to the current level cap will now stun targets up to 3 levels above the current level cap.
    - Magician - Earth Elementals will now use Earth Elemental Strike when summoned at or above level 89.
    - Magician - Earth Elemental Strike will now add more hate for its caster when it lands.
    - Magician - Earth Elemental Strikes IX and higher will now correctly recourse Earth Elemental Strength back on the caster. This buff will absorb incoming damage above a threshold.
    - Numerous changes have been made to the way pets deal and receive damage:
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Facets of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Magician - Relentless Servant and Shards of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Magician - Steelbound Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP and AC. Groundswell Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP but less AC.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servants and Relentless Servants will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Relentless Servant now have a wider range of melee damage they can deal, but should deal roughly the same damage over time as they did before.
    -- Magician - Facet of Air and Shard of Air have lower maximum hits but should deal similar overall damage within a smaller range.
    -- Magician - Facet of Water and Shard of Water have higher maximum and minimum melee damage and should deal more damage overall.
    -- Magician - Facet of Earth and Shard of Earth have lower minimum and maximum hits. They will deal less damage than before but should hit more often and more consistently.

I will myself check out if I am able to do what I use to do before, that is really what it boils down to for me, hope this thread shows to be constructive and helpful.

Sostenes
    Sheamous likes this.
  3. Sinzz Augur

my pet says the new dps makes her butt look fat :(
    Sheamous likes this.
  4. Fendy Augur

Not one inch taller, not one bit tougher. Ignored again. Sigh.
    [IMG]
    Yimin, Jhenna_BB, Zoran and 4 others like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhh, not to be snide but other classes have pets that were affected, too. Perhaps best to list all the changes for feedback purposes from everyone, not just mages?

- Numerous changes have been made to the way pets deal and receive damage:
    -- Beastlord - Spirit of Kolos and Scream at the Moon will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Beastlord - Spirit of Lachemit and Yell at the Moon will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Beastlord - Pets summoned by Yahnoa's Feralgia and Kesar's Feralgia will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Cleric - Infallable Hammer of Zeal will now hit harder than it did before. Infallible Hammer of Reverence will now hit harder than it did before.
    -- Enchanter - Seronvall's Animation and Xorlex's Animation now summon pets with much more HP and AC.
    -- Enchanter - Seronvall's Animation and Xorlex's Animation deal more damage than they did before.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Facets of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Magician - Relentless Servant and Shards of Air, Water, Fire, and Earth will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Magician - Steelbound Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP and AC. Groundswell Bodyguard will now summon pets with more HP but less AC.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servants and Relentless Servants will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Magician - Ruthless Servant and Relentless Servant now have a wider range of melee damage they can deal, but should deal roughly the same damage over time as they did before.
    -- Magician - Facet of Air and Shard of Air have lower maximum hits but should deal similar overall damage within a smaller range.
    -- Magician - Facet of Water and Shard of Water have higher maximum and minimum melee damage and should deal more damage overall.
    -- Magician - Facet of Earth and Shard of Earth have lower minimum and maximum hits. They will deal less damage than before but should hit more often and more consistently.
    -- Necromancer - Vak'Ridel's Shade, Reborn Assassin, and Call Skeleton Host will now summon pets with higher HP and AC, but each focus level will add less HP and AC than previously. Low focus levels will be stronger, but high focus levels will be weaker.
    -- Necromancer - Zalifur's Shade, Unearthed Assassin, and Call Skeleton Throng will now summon pets with lower HP and AC than before.
    -- Necromancer - Unwitting Sacrifice and Conscripted Sacrifice will now summon pets with more HP and AC.
    -- Necromancer - Pets summoned by Call Skeleton Host and Call Skeleton Throng will start their lives at 100 percent HP.
    -- Necromancer - Reborn Assassin and Unearthed Assassin have higher maximum and minimum melee damage and should deal more damage overall.
    -- Necromancer - Vak'Ridel's Shade and Zalifur's Shade now have lower minimum and maximum hits. They will deal less damage than before but should hit more often and more consistently.
    -- Shadowknight - Minion of Sholoth now has more HP and AC. Minion of Grelleth now has less AC but more HP.
    -- Shadowknight - Minion of Sholoth and Minion of Grelleth now deal more damage than they did before.
    -- Shaman - Hilnaah's Faithful now has more HP and AC. Kriegas' Faithful now has less AC but more HP.
    -- Shaman - Hilnaah's Faithful and Kriegas' Faithful now deal more damage than they did before.

I'm equally curious if/how the changes affect a nec/bst the same way! (Suspect they do not)
  6. Sinzz Augur

fendy we all know the bear has a cuteness factor of 9000 so its already op!
    Sheamous and Fanra like this.
  7. LizEriadoc New Member

LOL ... you left off the changes to the SHM pet. Might want to get a shorter horse. The dismount would be easier.
    Obiziana and Sinzz like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Whoops, copy paste from phone isn't that easy! Edited =P.

And pretty much just meant nec/bst, the rest of us won't be significantly affected.
  9. Sostenes Augur

Yeah Sheex!

This is a Mage thread lol go make your own thread for your class lol (I can see that my hope this thread shows to be constructive and helpful is gone hahahaha)

C'mon people! One thread Mage, one thread Nec, etc so that this one doesn't become a 1,000+ post thread.

Lets be constructive about the now reality of today's patch and really be comparing apples to apples (Mage on Mage's; Nec on Nec's, etc...)

Sostenes
  10. Hayzeus Augur

The worst part about this (that I haven't seen mentioned yet) is that there is still another nerf to pets coming in 90 days with the release of the next expansion. They (SOE) are going to use the new pets as another opportunity to further reduce the relative AC (relative to the content) of the pets.

I know, I know... it's not actually a nerf because they're going to be released at the reduced levels (thus they're not actually nerfing anything). But please do NOT kid yourselves here. The new pets at 101+ will be used as another opportunity to further reduce pet power relative to the content. There's just no way they can avoid taking advangtage of this opportunity to make changes with only minimal backlash from the community. We won't be able to compare the new pets to anything, so they can set the values at whatever baseline they want.

If anything, they'll set the new pets OVERLY low with the understanding that it's always easier to increase their power after the fact than it is to decrease their power with another nerf.
    Wayylon, Melanippe and Raidian like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't see anything in the original post about mage only....if that had been said wouldn't have posted anything. And I suspect if it had been said the mods might move it to the into caster forum which is prolly not what the OP wants.

Seriously not trying to derail - I just want to see nec/bst feedback too!
  12. Cicelee Augur

Thread was created by myself. And yes, in case anyone does not know, I play a main magician.

However the purpose of this thread is to discuss what a pet class (magician, necromancer, beastlord) can and cannot do today that they could do before today's patch. Lots of people hear words like change, nerf, reduction of power... and go crazy in the membrane. I hope this thread shows fellow pet classes how these changes affect us in real game play situations- the things we do every day.

If I am #1 raid DPS parse at 100k before in guild, and I lost 5% of DPS... now I am at 95k DPS. But if I am still #1 raid parse, then has anything really changed?

If I could solo a blue con Pillars mob with no heals from me before, but now I can solo that same blue con Pillars mob but need one heal on pet... Has anything really changed? I am still #1 DPS before and after, I can still solo a blue con Pillars mob before and after.

Just did my Pillars tasks this morning, now going to do a couple things I know I could do before today in obvious tougher situations. More to come...
    Sheex likes this.
  13. Lord of Flies New Member

Well, I notice my RS pet dies a hell of a lot quicker on live today, then yesterday :(.

I guess they don't really mind fiddling with Mage damage. It really does suck, having our pets tinkered with and then having it effect DPS. You'd think they'd at least make the output on the RS pet more due to the less amount of time it's up..

Or like reduce the salvo cap, that would be fine too.

I agree with the next expansion as well. I highly doubt pets will get much of a boost. We could be wrong, they could tank the next expansion as well as these pets are tanking this.

I wish they'd give the raid EM users something though, they've basically made it a flat line between EM15 and EM21. There's basically no gain at all.

In fact if there's anyone who parses, I'd like to see the gain in a % form..I bet it's under 3%, which isn't cool yo! Some added DPS from the pet or maybe give them the ability to proc more..Something!

As is Mage pets are still alright, it's not like they just run away when they see a mob, so better than mercs still..I guess.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks, this is indeed how I interpreted your post (ie, not mage-only).

Hopefully more folks can experiment and realize the sky isn't falling, too.
  15. Raidian Lorekeeper

Yes makes it pretty pointless to get anything above EM15 doesn't it? Also pointless to boost your pet with AAs if it has minimal impact.
    Sheamous likes this.
  16. Raidian Lorekeeper

Yes there goes the one tool we had for dealing with adds. If you want the RS to last longer reposition your pet with Companion Relocation, that way when you spawn the RS its not attacking from the front.
    Sheamous likes this.
  17. Sheamous New Member

Yeah that's a complete joke that EM 15 to EM 21 has been nerfed so badly. I sure as hell didn't spend all my time & raid currency on EM 21 for it to suck. That's about 9 million plat in raid currency at current value on FV & yes I raided & traded medals, some plat & kronos for enough fists of bayle to be the 2nd mage in my guild (Valhallah) to have it only for it to be nerfed to the point of uselessness. Thanks devs!
    Raidian likes this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, but we have the only pet that can dance! Well, for 0.2 second before he dies, anyway.

The only time I bring him out is to have him dance for comic relief.

[IMG] Boo-Boo and Fanra, dancing fools.
    Sheamous likes this.
  19. Lord of Flies New Member

Ok so I just was in WK waiting for a Roon/Shoon pop..I found him! Air pet up, not earth. Sham buffs, cert and I used malo instead of iceflame.

I found that each time Roon hit my pet 20% of HP was gone, not only that but it took over 110k mana to kill it.

I'm not sure that the changes on 4.0 of test were actually put in place on live, I think it might have been a lesser version. I didn't spike this badly on test.

Good news is I could keep the RS pets pretty much at 3-4 the entire time.

Honestly I think they need a boost from where they are currently at, I'm in full cotf t1 raid gear and it took me to OoM. I didn't use any type of burns to do this. I used Aegis and a ton of healing.

I'm not saying earth shaking changes, but 20% a swing off my pets hp?
    Sheamous and Raidian like this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would you use a air pet to tank a rare even raid geared?