Your pet on 8-20-14

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Aug 20, 2014.

1. tnot Elder

It's not even a matter of DKP for me... but Time. I left raiding to due to time constraints, But I put in 5 hours a night, 3 nights a week for 8 months to tackle the RoF raids & attain my EM 19 item, that was a lot of time I was not spending with my wife/kids.

I was thinking I'd return to raid the next expansion, but seeing as raid focuses are now essentially equal to group focuses for pets, I'm very unlikely to take that much time away from my kids to get the focus.

Raiding itself is enjoyable, but the rigid schedule it requires is burdensome. & probably not worth it to me now that these changes have been made.
  2. tnot Elder

No one would use a an air pet to tank a named if they're sane. That's not to say it's not possible it's just a dumb risk because of their poor mitigation.
  3. Brogett Augur

Indeed. This is as it should be. :)

People complain about Earth pet dps, well duh! You're using the wrong pet. Or complain about air pet tanking on a named? Same deal. You have multiple pets and each should be good at something and poor at something else. I applaud the changes that both boosted dps of some pets and lowered dps on others (as well as tanking changes) as it makes the pet choice mean something.
  4. Sancus Augur

Pet DPS is a fairly small percentage of our overall DPS, so pet choice really isn't that significant DPS wise. I have no problem with the pet DPS at the moment, except that the earth pet has been having trouble holding aggro (even on rootable mobs).
  5. nildiar Lorekeeper

^^^ i couldnt agree more when a mob is rooted it still seems like any1 including my chanter friends pet i been grouping with pulls aggro hell even if not rooted and im talking about charm pet i mean the plain jane summoned chanter pets... Working as intended??
  6. nildiar Lorekeeper

7. nildiar Lorekeeper

fixed it cause i cantr figure out edit
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

9. Barper Lorekeeper

My EM18 Earth Pet post-patch tanks (3) Mistmoore even cons without much effort in keeping alive, and can burn for a couple minutes in the 30k dps range about as often as I can burn. My Em18 focused gargoyle added in can add another 6k+dps per. I'm not who you asked, but that's how useful I find my pet.

I'd be curious to see raid parses with a pet using VT/FB, BP clicky, and Salvo, Relentless Servant, and one with no pet, no gargs whatsoever to see if they are indeed irrelevant contributions to DPS on raids.