Your pet on 8-20-14

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Cicelee Augur

I do not want to derail this thread, especially since I started it, but I do really think a couple questions need to be answered-

What should a raid geared max AA magician/necromancer/beastlord be able to solo?
    What should a group geared decent AA magician/necromancer/beastlord be able to solo?
    What should be the minimum/maximum that a talented/untalented skilled/unskilled magician/necromancer/beastlord be able to solo?

There is a lot of differing opinions to these questions. Should a non attentive unskilled EM 12 magician be able to solo two yellow cons in Argin like I can? Should a talented skilled EM 15 group magician be able to do that? Etc etc.

What I think I should be able to handle in game is different than what an EM 12 AFK magician should be able to handle. And maybe that is one of the issues, is that the AFK EM 12 magician believes that s/he should be able to do what I can do. And that helps create the anger and hatred in the posts about sub cancelations and what not. And no I am not saying anyone who quits over this is an unskilled AFK magician...

But until a developer comes out and specifically answers the questions posed above, we will always be debating about who can do what in game, and who should be able to do what in game...
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The air model is a decent tank/dps pet. When I think about names I think earth since it is the tank. If I am going to use air then I am going to want more healing just like if I am going to tank on my ranger I am going to want more healing. My goal for my EM 15 earth pet with minimal buffs, no activated abilities, and no player healing is to be able to tank a T1 rare with 2x healer merc and it can still accomplish that handily with the new changes. I imagine if I pull out all the stops I can molo the same T1 rare. I haven't killed any T2 names to date (only tried one, The Lost Devourer, with a group warrior and got flatten after eating warrior, ranger, and air pet in quick succession).
  3. bitefiends Elder

HI there

Just before these changes went live I took an EM 12 earth pet to EWK. I lived ... however I needed to use Aegis (spell and AA) groundswell, Auspice and pet heal.
    I fought two trees at the bottom of the hill one even conto a Lvl 100 mage one yellow con, was with a merc cleric and was able to do some DPS RS one or two nukes Host of elements frenzied Virulent talon.. not much of DPS while both where alive but it worked.

Some one mentioned ITC please clarify

Ta muchly
  4. Sinzz Augur

I think a em12 mage would be fine for the era they should be fine in I don't think this nerf would have effected them as much as a em15+ if I read the dev post correctly
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

I know you are trying to help but you really make this issue worse at times. And I am not just talking to the post above.

First all EM focus effects were nerfed about a year ago it wasn't as noticable then but now it is. EM's are basically all but equal at least for EM 15 and up. EM 15 pets are basically equal to EM 19 pets and above there is no parsable tanking difference. No clue where the power of lower EM's fall but they were hosed in this nerf as well and are less then they were but it wasn't super noticable until the most recent nerfs.

Second this most recent nerf was to Sturdy Companion, again this effects all pets. Main pets, summoned AA pets, summoned spell pets. Only the higher level versions of spell pets were individually retuned after these changes. AA pets, lower swarm pets and lower main pets are all left drastically reduced. An EM 12 level 90 (dont remember off hand where he cutoff individual changes so maybe 84 pet) pet simply lost tons of tanking.
  6. Tweelis Augur

So back when everybody got one free heroic took I decided to make Blingy on the Bristlebane server so I could play with my wife. Today Blingy is level 95 with em12 and 5k aa's. I'll go out in the next day or two and see what I can do. Not that I'm the most skilled mage but there's a few mobs I use to be able to solo. I'll see how much of a change there is for the middle of the road crowd.
  7. strongbus Augur

guess I wasn't paying close attention then sorry. I knew that they had changed pets but I though it was just to the higher end pets. Didn't know SC had been hit.
  8. guado Augur

EM20 mage fully buffed takes a LOT more upkeep to keep alive now when killing 2 trash mobs in Argin Hiz. a blue and a white.

People are all whiney and saying "oh well mages shouldnt be able to solo molo blah blah blah"

Well now instead of DPSing (mage) and chain pulling (bard) I now have to heal (druid) and heal (mage pet heal and promised heal and blocks and aa defensives)

Long story short: My mage is a heck of a lot less fun to play. If I had to put a value on it, probably 10% as fun as it used to be. Thanks to all those responsible, definitely letting the box accounts roll over to silver and won't be boxing in TDS.

EverQuest's fun factor for group content just plummeted into oblivion, in my opinion and in my experience.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  9. Lord of Flies New Member

So I've been moloing in AH for awhile, nameds are more difficult here than in EK but still was able to manage.

I feel kind of, let's say bummed, regarding the EM and how they've changed it. I switched my EM 20 for an EM 15 just to see, barley ANY difference. I really don't think this is right. When a rogue gets a raid weapon their DPS goes up by a HUGE amount, any melee DPS class for that matter.

The group version of EM and the raid version of EM are basically the same, this needs to be addressed other wise it's just a waste of coin or DKP or however you do loot. This REALLY needs to be addressed.

Also I feel really, really bad for the group geared Mage. Not as bad as I feel for the group geared Necro's and Beasties though.

I think the dev's were still a little to heavy handed with this nerf, if they wanted to make pets not a viable tank for raid bosses they could just code powar's system into the raids.
  10. wingz-83 Augur

More even footing which gives the devs a baseline to design going forward.
    Zentara likes this.
  11. Edrick Augur

We're having problems tanking?
  12. wingz-83 Augur

No see...the devs said that tanks are where they want them to be in terms of tanking power.

Helping tanks was not what this change was about, it was bringing pets to where the devs want them to be.

Where devs want pets to be is not where players like them however.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

That won't do either. Consider trash mobs and older raid content.
  14. Lord of Flies New Member

Wingz, the reason he said that was because Daegun's original post was to get tanks a boost in current content. You obviously missed out on that when you were running to get your pitch fork :).

Seriously though, why do you need to comment here? You aren't saying anything productive, you aren't helping anyone out. You're here because you're trying to start drama.

I really hope they( the devs ) address the EM change they did, it's total crap that EM 21 is basically the same thing as EM 15. I took my EM20 earring out replaced with EM15 and it was the same damn thing. I honestly couldn't even notice a difference besides the stats.
  15. Necromonious Augur

My accounts are still cancelled. Not quitting, just playing on lowbie alts without mercs.

There's no point to play my max AA Mage that has all of his cotf gear done, now that he's far less fun to play. Maybe I shall see u guys in The buried Sea!
  16. IDotPeople Augur

Pardon? My under-geared under-AAed level 96 or so SK was able to tank named in CoTF a week or two ago, why should any other tanks be having issues?
  17. Necromonious Augur

Player tanks require too much gearing, rangers are not good at tanking. Those were the 2 big issues people had with pets, according to the pet threads I was involved in ;)
  18. wingz-83 Augur

True enough, but the devs said the opposite. Instead of boosting tanks away from where they wanted them to be, they brought pets more into line where thay wanted them to be.
  19. Vdidar Augur

All that was really accomplished in this whole matter was further alienating your player base and making them point fingers at each other saying nerf this nerf that. Since everyone acts so childish about not being able to perform just like some other class this is the game we have now. It doesn't help that the devs dont understand gameplay at all apparently.
  20. Signedup New Member

Cancelled and just letting the time run out because lately they seem to enjoy harming certain classes (mage, sk, ranger,berzerk) instead of helping others.