Xorbb PS - Too rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Falos, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Falos Augur

I don't really have much use for the item in its current form (honestly no one does) but the item in question: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=133171

Is pretty much useful for only one function at the moment "Magelo padding" Either this powersource needs to be made unlimited duration or the droprate should be on par with armor molds that drop from named mobs because currently as rare as it is people are not going to use it for actual fighting or content of any kind.

I realize that the droprate was upped in the most recent patch but it seems to still be too rare. I've probably killed (since rof launched) several hundred named mobs in xorbb alone, and i've killed roughly 20 named mobs since yesterdays patch in xorbb (mainly thanks to how frequently xolok spawns and people leave him up to be killed) Despite all of that I've seen the powersource drop a whopping zero times.

It's obvious this powersource is pretty much big bag rare, that rarity either needs to change or the duration needs to be *drastically* increased. I'd be amazed if a single person on these forums (IE the hardcore population of EQ) will use the powersource in its current form for any reason other than to update magelo.

I feel the 30 purity augs from chapterhouse are also too rare BUT I suspect those might be more common once tier 3 comes out in the next tier so i'm not really focusing on those in this post.
  2. Gladare Augur

Sorry to derail but, the magelo padding is funny. I thought it had died out. I guess just because I stopped paying attention to other people. Recently though, someone told me I was a decently high rank on my server so I went to check it out. The number of rangers with shields equipped or range items instead of bows or an ac aug and BiC aug in their bows was just hilarious.
  3. CaptAmazing Augur

Haven't seen it drop. I've killed quite a bit myself. Truthfully, I took out my PS last year while killing greys, never put it back in. Noticed no difference.
  4. Uxtalzon Augur

What're the stats on it, anyway?

Frankly I find powersources to be stupid, and if that isn't even rechargable, it's a piece of crap. lol
  5. Hatsee Augur

And belts on instead of the shawl, yeah it's bad.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

+15 base stats, +125 HME +25AC, +2 to all heroics except Sta and Cha, +5 healing and spell damage

+16 hAgi/Dex/Wis/Int/Str, +40heal/spldmg over any previous PS with 8 pieces of 100 Purity gear and the following benefits and two drawbacks vs the following Pure PS:

Metal: +1000 HME
    Elemental: +120 AC, +200 HP +1000 ME
    Light: +160 AC, +400 HME
    Growth: +520 AC, -600 HE, +1000 MANA
    Ethereal: +80 AC, +3000 HP, -600 MANA, +1000 END
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would anyone bother padding their magelos? They like embarrassment?
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

Samu has over 1000 more HP than any other Necro on rankings at the time of this post and almost 6000 more HP than the first Necro with Epic equipped. Samu has Xorbb PS bagged on Magelo since it's less HP than Growth.

I don't think Samu is embarassed by their Magelo profile.
  9. Falos Augur

I've never heard the name samu until today and i've heard of / know of pretty much all the big name players. Guess this guy is a no name.
  10. Trajet D'Or Augur

Good point, Triton probably gave a set of T2 armor to some Necro picked at random from general chat just to show off how much gear they are getting.

The only other possible explanation is someone violated EQ protocol by not registering with Falos and that would just be ridiculous.
  11. Falos Augur

Not exactly hard for any random person to get into a tier 2 raiding guild lol.

Seems my original assessment was as per the norm 100 percent correct.

It's funny how many people think magelo rank = character skill, or importance within their guild. All it means is they are an active raider in a dkp guild, play a vital class in a callout guild, or are extremely active with high attendance in said callout guild. Stats don't equal skill, tier 2 raid gear being awarded to a player does not mean they are some amazing player being awarded their gear for their adeptness with pressing 1,2,3,4,5. All it means is high playtime nothing more nothing less. I don't even have a magelo so it doesnt really bother me what people do with those leaderboards, but i know plenty of players in full tier 2 gear or nearly full tier 2 gear that quite frankly are not that good.. at least not by my definition of good.
    Voodoman and Mellifleur like this.
  12. Kurayami Augur

From your own words, you don't know him though, how do you know he has no skill? Gear doesn't equal skill of course, but typically some basic competence is expected in raiding guilds. Please continue though, I'm curious just how arrogant you can sound here. Your [skill] in doing that know no bounds. I more think you are immediately discrediting the guy for personal reasons though.

Anyways, back to the OP, this powersource 'Xorbb's Caged Hatred' is way too rare, hopefully the patch was telling the truth when they said it is now more common, but will believe it when I see it.
  13. Falos Augur

No but the person talking about the toon putting so much weight in the guys stats on magelo doesn't paint a very bright picture for the person. Usually the people that put so much weight in magelo are people that are generally just soaking up loot in a guild with active attendance. Every guild in the game has its share of mediocre players and players that are very skilled / carry the guild.

My "arrogance on the subject is the lesser evil of the guy placing so much weight in magelo and soaking up loot to appear good lol, I don't have any personal reasons to discredit the person, I don't play on their server. I just think the whole magelo thing is hilarious. Seems that his magelo rank is his life lol. Some people care more about gearing up hardcore though than being good at their class, i've ran into a few people on my own server that i can say with utter certainty is what they do.
  14. Xirtket Augur

lol, and because you don't know the name means what exactly?

Hmm, no one mentioned anything about a magelo ranking being linked to skill, other than yourself in this quote, so who said a magelo rank = skill? That being said, it also does not mean said player has 0 skill either, so your original assessment was as per norm, in this case, 100 percent wrong. Triton has been around a while, so I would go as far as to say that they know what to look for as far as skill goes.
  15. Trajet D'Or Augur

Well if you mean raid gear you think it's because Qulas, Ronak, Stormmaster, Deillusional, Dalno and/or Arrowheade can't identify "not that good" players who they raid with as well as you can deduce these things from not raiding or even playing on the same server as most/all of the players in those guilds as (almost) all players in nearly full T2 raid gear are in the guilds that cleared T2 before Christmas.

If Samu is "quite frankly not that good" then Arrowheade probably would have noticed and would have no problem getting 10 players who might be that good wanting to apply to the guild to replace someone who just has "high playtime nothing more nothing less".

Of course maybe the problem starts with Arrowheade and they are just a no name high playtime player who isn't on Falos' list.
  16. Xirtket Augur

LOL, wow, so because someone takes a few seconds to properly update their magelo, means it's his life? what's the logic here? I don't understand.. Maybe he's proud of his accomplishments? ever think of that? You just assume these people put so much "weight" into their profile.
  17. Falos Augur

LOL you guys.. seriously you guys.

It's like no one grasps the concept that there arent enough "amazing" players that still raid to fill 54 man rosters with 54 top tier elite amazing players. Doesn't matter what guild you are in there are gonna be people way up on the magelo rankings from gearing up in end-game guilds that arent that good. know players that are better than me and i know players that despite their amazingly leet gear are mediocre on a good day. This thread is turning lulzy, this will be my last post on the topic, some people just never 'get it'. Gearing up with active play time is not an accomplishment, skill based feats are. I'm not making any reference to myself in this other than the fact that no matter who you are ( including me) magelo stats and gearing up are not an 'accomplishment' unless playtime is suddenly an accomplishment now.

EDIT:

and i just wanna add, if someone was truly proud of their character and wanted it held high in the public eye they'd update their magelos with wise gear choices (IE depending on class and other factors: vital focus effects in every slot, their real aug set they use, specialization augs, shawl, etc) it varies from class to class but there is more pride in showing you are a smart player than there is in saying hay guyz look at me i have the highest ac/hp/mana/whichever stat the leaderboard ranks by for each class)
  18. TheQxx Augur

19. Trajet D'Or Augur

Deguild Icky and Nitelan, they are compensating for their lack of ability in EQ by swapping primaries before updating Magelo. Falos has identified a weak point on your roster, if you follow his advice you might do better than 5th serverwide for the 2nd part of RoF.
  20. Meteora Elder

Last time i checked it wasn't magelo that determined what place you came in an expansion. I bet you could pick apart the 4 guilds that finished above us, and identify tons of people that are using stuff they don't have or don't use on a regular basis, like the xorbb ps for instance :]. I can think of quite a few people that are updating with it and dont have it