Xorbb PS - Too rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Falos, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Juston3smok333 New Member

I know I tried and failed. So much druid hate =(
    (max AA, high RA, Freedom of Nature, etc)

And Samu FTW, riding on his coattails of awesome in game at this very moment!
  2. Noobieguy Augur

Looking at the spells cast for that fight, he did not use swifts. We could use swifts in ToV, but we prefer not to (well, except on trash mobs).
  3. Recnarp Augur

I like embarrassment.
  4. Shang Augur

wait, what.

That's about as stupid as me refusing to shoot arrows when bullseye's running.
    FatbukSlapmeat likes this.
  5. Hatsee Augur

I think I saw this PS linked once.

Toss them on the raid vendor as well.
    Axxius and Viltaire like this.
  6. Baramos Augur

Well this has gotten abit derailed. OP, I totally agree these are too rare. Having these on the raid vendor player made with a steep cost of materials would be welcome in my opinion.
  7. Candydare Elder

From what I understood after talking to a dev when I asked him to check the ratio rate drop he said some items are considered prestige (chase items ) and will not be placed with the Raid merchant.

For now they slightly increased the drop rate and probably won't see a further increase for awhile until the dev team changes their mind. I was told to "prolong the life of the one I have as much as possible!"
  8. Noobieguy Augur

Please show me your uber necro parses that use swifts, saying something is stupid and not knowing what kind of results you can get is well, stupid.
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

The slight increase still doesn't achieve the goal of making those PS'es useful for anything other than Magelo padding. They are still way too rare to be used in raiding on a constant basis, let alone grouping. IMO a drop rate somewhere around 0.1-0.2 would make them attainable enough to be actually used up.
  10. Shang Augur

Need some swift dot parses for the newby guy please.
  11. Nightops Augur

I'd take one to use when tanking on raids. As a tank, I'd love to have an extra +16 hDex/hAgil. +16 is a lot and could make a difference depending on current heroics. The 1k hps is nothing special, but its something.

As for the Oath of Marr... I'm 99% sure i got mine in a T1 zone during the first week or two of release. If it was from T2, then it would have been from Grelleth's yard trash. Either way, it does drop from zones other then Chapterhouse.
  12. Qwestwic Augur

Oath of Marrs drop from trash in any t2 zone, the Xorbb's Caged Hatred only drops from named in Valley of King Xorbb. I've heard rumors of it also dropping in one of the Xorbb mission chests, but I can't personally vouch for the accuracy of that statement.
  13. Stubar Augur

Really don't understand why this isn't on a raid vendor, this is the most significant upgrade to power sources since....oh wait...EVER.

Because only the best beastlords use growth. GROWTH OOORRRRBBB!!
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

yea it just appeared one day out of no where.. about 2 months ago. Voodo threw a fit =)
  15. EverChanter Augur

Ahh the good old "I parse high therefor I am skilled" topic. Yes, you are skilled...in saving Hotbars!
  16. Xnao Augur

It was a slap in the face during beta. By now it must be a semi to the face.

PS. Swift dots blow in NToV.
    Loratex and Voodoman like this.
  17. Shang Augur

I accept your apology for being mean to me for geting them nerfed.
  18. Axxius Augur

Well... That ps dropped for me last night and I checked what it does. At 100 purity it gives +125 hp +125 mana +25 ac per infusible armor piece, and a global bonus of some heroics (seems to be not per piece but just for using this ps). That would be nice to actually use. If it was not so incredibly rare. I checked the logs and apparently it dropped from the 44th named mob that I killed in the zone after the patch. An educated guess is therefore that the drop rate was changed from 0.01 to 0.02, but of course 1 drop is not enough data. But no freaking way I am farming 50 named for every 1 of these ps'es.

The funny part is that this item is useless for the 1 purpose mentioned here - magelo padding - if you are aiming for max mana. It gives less mana than Ethereal. Guess that's the sad part also - we have 5x larger hp/mana pools than in 2007, but the new ps still gives 2007-like amounts of it.
  19. Talif Augur

[quote="Axxius, post: 49907, member: 2451"The funny part is that this item is useless for the 1 purpose mentioned here - magelo padding - if you are aiming for max mana. It gives less mana than Ethereal. Guess that's the sad part also - we have 5x larger hp/mana pools than in 2007, but the new ps still gives 2007-like amounts of it.[/quote]
    Depends how much hINT/hWIS (depending on your class) it gives. You might still come out ahead on mana without taking the accompanying HP hit. I don't have one to be able to check, though.
  20. Axxius Augur

Nope. Total mana went down compared to Ethereal.
  21. Shaman_AB New Member

Is this bugged since they "increased" the drop rate? I haven't seen a single PS drop in hundreds of kills since then.