Wizards cant nuke....not like Magicians anyhow /bow erm /grovel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fortunbas, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igniz Augur

To all those "Nerf of Many - and mages in particular" guys out there, just as a preemptive message:
    Just remember that this spell is feasible mostly on raid while only hardly useful in group game while simultaneously being closest to our signature spell atm. Our dichotomic is a sad excuse for a joke. Using dicho actually lowers our DPS while having no big one-time impact like wizard's or zerker's.

Hands off!
    Fortunbas likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

You know you wouldn't be making excuses if you weren't guilty! :cool:
    Fortunbas likes this.
  3. Igniz Augur

Aye, I know: Innocence proves nothing :-/

But at least, it's a damn fine excuse! :p
  4. Critts Augur

Please remember when you compare the wizard dichotomc to the Zerker’s that They are not even in the same ballpark. If the wizard doesn’t get a critical it lowers our DPS as well.
  5. Mortium Elder

I'm absolutely certain that when zerkers dicho doesn't crit our dps also goes down :)
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My question is where are your Rangers on that parse? Are they on adds? Our Rangers are on the bosses the whole time and I’m any where from #1 - #5 on that parse around Wizards, Rogues, Berzerkers, Mages and our token Necro. My point being, different classes will be ranking differently in each guild depending on how your most skilled dps perform. You just have boss Mages and need to play better. Maybe ask other Wizards what they are doing differently. While the potential distance between Wizard and Mage dps is closer than it has been in the past Wizards are still king.

I saw someone mention using the glyph of destruction over mana savings glyph. You’re doing it wrong. Look at the mana cost on Alliance and Dicto spells and tell me that minimal dps from cataclysm (that does not stack with Auspice) is worth it.
  7. Brohg Augur

Destruction stacks fine with Auspice, you're thinking Glyph of Courage.
    Destruction does not stack with Ruchu, which is a ranger concern, not a wizard/magician one.
    Magicians and Wizards also aren't rangers as regards mana usage.
    The "someone" that mentioned using Glyph of Destruction II (née Cataclysm) was absolutely correct to do so.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You are correct, Freudian slip at 7am I meant Ruchu not Auspice. We'll agree to disagree. Mana savings Glyph helps way more with my ABC's - Always Be Casting. Alliance and Dicto are expensive and Gift of Mana isn't always there when you need it.
  9. smash Augur

Gotta say, if you a magician, then having Igniz as friend is not so good.

The chance of a nerf suddenly went up like a rocket.

At first i took the original post as a bit of nonse, but this changes all.
  10. gnomeboss Augur

[IMG]
  11. smash Augur

That picture just made my day... :)
    fransisco and gnomeboss like this.
  12. Gialana Augur

I think what he was trying to say was that when the wizard dichotomic doesn't crit, it does less damage than casting another available spell, so the dps goes down by using the dichotomic. With the berserker, there's surely a time when all other abilities are on cool down. So using the dichotomic, even if it doesn't crit, increases the dps over not using the dichotomic.
  13. menown Augur

What do you think Dots are like in the group game?
    Cloudia and Ninelder like this.
  14. Sancus Augur

15. menown Augur

Just the comparison that "this spell is feasible mostly on raid while only hardly useful in group game". This is not the excuse a mage should use.

I am not being salty and I don't care about the spell. The spell can be beefed up for all I care.

*Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe comparing this spell to Dots is the best argument for the spell. It does the best and most efficient damage, only in raid content. To have such an advantage, it cannot be cast back to back and is only utilized in limited content.
    Igniz likes this.
  16. Sancus Augur

Except the limitations of the spell are totally relevant. It's a lot more situational than just "in raids," it's really only viable on adds that live long enough and on bosses. It also has a ramp up time even on bosses to get to 15 pets. It's definitely not as bad as DoTs in this regard, but it shares similar kinds of limitations. It also has the added limitation of doing no damage to things that have no hatelist (hello skulls in event 2).

Historically DoTs have been very strong against single raid bosses. To quote you back to yourself, "DoT classes SHOULD be better and more efficient DPS while soloing and long duration encounters (raid bosses)." I agree with you; DoTs have limitations and they should make up for it in other areas. That's not so true right now at least for Necros, and that's probably mostly an unfortunate result of the repeated delay of the DoT revamps. I think most people agree that necros should be top DPS on a boss that lives for a while, and it's an issue that that isn't currently true.

So in short, I think it's a totally valid "excuse." Of Many has a very specific purpose of increasing Mage sustained DPS on raids. It makes sense to me that it would be more powerful in that specific setting than a generic spell because of its many other limitations.
  17. menown Augur

Lol, I guess we got to the same conclusion at the same time.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

No offense but if Rangers are in the top 5 then you're seeing some skewed results. Mage, Enchanter, Wizard, Necro, and Zerkers should all easily be filling those spots. All the casters are King right now but Wizards are definitely not at the top outside those 30 second burns. Maybe you don't have enough Mages showing up for them to use Alliance or they have bad ADPS or something. Plus it is a lot harder to find good Mages while most people can play Wizard at a pretty good level without much effort.
  19. Ninelder Augur

I have actually found the opposite to be true. Wizards are a fairly rare class, given the prejudices of the group game. Everyone who has alts/boxes/bots has a mage one; or three.

Oh and while I do have two mage boxes, and no wizard ones. I don't claim to know how to play either toon worth a #%@&
  20. kizant Augur

Even today you'll probably see twice as many raiding Wizards as Mages and it was worse in the past. Plus Wizards are less dependent on other classes, have less resist issues, no pets to worry about, and don't have to manage multiple spell sets, etc. You can get pretty far by just clicking all your buttons and hitting the big nukes. Unless it's a long sustained fight like Sathir's Line it's hard to even tell the difference between an average raiding wizard and a good one.
    Sancus and IblisTheMage like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.