Wizards cant nuke....not like Magicians anyhow /bow erm /grovel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fortunbas, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repthor Augur

They havent gotten thst far in the event yet. More to come man geez one phase at a time!!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sindaiann like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Class balance has been out of whack for a long time, suck it up buttercup, I don't see any signs of it getting better.

Just be thankful they have only messed with a couple of wizzy abilities, it could have been a lot worse.
    Fortunbas likes this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

Lmfao best thread reply in awhile
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Mortium Elder

But you have 4 berserkers! They must fulminate like crazy!!

/cry
    #jealous
    #zerkerlivesmatter
    #topparsewithnofulmination
  5. Thraine Augur

you forgot a hashtag mort ..

#fallsoverdead lol
  6. Fohpo Augur

Using a partial parse as your reference data to make an argument is pretty silly though
    Sindaiann likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Well, its refreshing that someone campaigning to nerf mages isn't targeting the pets!
    Fortunbas likes this.
  8. Mortium Elder

God damnit Kaedyn. I fell over because the tank died to Silverwing. One death in 5 raids today!

I even forgot to AE the lava oozes too :(

Thraine likes this.
  9. Nightops Augur

Personally, I would like to know how to get max hits from mages at 5.29 and 4.89 million damage. If anyone can provide some info, please PM me.
  10. kizant Augur

Don't think it's a secret.
    https://goo.gl/Qs5xa9
    IblisTheMage and gotwar like this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

We have, we just got a few server issues atm!
  12. Lily Augur

I regularly group with a mage and a wizard. The wizard does easily twice as much damage.
  13. Fohpo Augur

And I regularly out damage a number of people in guild on my bard for various events...

Hint: that doesn't mean bards are the superb DPS, just those people...
    Yinla, fransisco, Brohg and 3 others like this.
  14. Skvoid Elder

I main a wizard and I don't mind if this expansion they out dps wizards, what annoyed me was priests out dpsing us (and even with nerf druids can still do well over 200k dps sustained on a raid). I do feel like wizard dps has stagnated a little. However we are still pretty solid addition to a guilds DPS and we stack pretty well.
  15. Igniz Augur

Started my own burn (HoF, EU, First Spire, Twincast), got full aDPS from Ranger and Enchanter and took Chanter's Triggered Chromatic Haze on Volley of Many ... and then I watched the magic unfold :p

[Mon Mar 19 21:34:03 2018] You begin casting Volley of Many Rk. III.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:03 2018] You twincast Volley of Many Rk. III.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Volley of Many feels alive with power.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Your Irae Faycite Shard: Volley of Many feels alive with power.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Igniz hit Venril Sathir for 5295584 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Igniz delivers a critical blast! (5295584)
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Igniz hit Venril Sathir for 5266216 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon Mar 19 21:34:04 2018] Igniz delivers a critical blast! (5266216)

(a nuke that only happens when the stars align ... )
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. mmats Augur

Chance of this thread causing a volley nerf = 50% and rising. Just needs someone to make a Drogba-esque video ;)

But really OP, there is a lot to consider with wiz vs mage. Much more than best mage nuke vs best wiz nuke.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, an optimal wizard nuke includes 10-20 lines of additional proc-damage. Not sure how much extra damage mages get from procs, but its quite a bit for wizards.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Nightops Augur

I had no idea this spell line could be effected this much.

I thought there was some nerfs to the 'of many' line several years ago when they nerfed rains and beams.
  19. Cicelee Augur

You have Glyph of Cataclysm as part of the burn. I thought that did not work on spells 106-110?
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The mana-preservation glyph "arcane secrets 2"(I think) does not work for spells in the 106-110 range. The crit-damage glyph "catalysm" works fine.
    kizant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.