Why was pick changed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by C3lowz, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brumans Augur

Last communication about it that we've had I believe was that, rather than address some of the feedback, they were doubling down on it (no respawns, no exp in locked picks).
  2. Illusory Augur

Most of us know the changes were server wide! And, I've stated this very thing earlier in the thread. RadarX threw us a bone on page 2 or 3, but I believe these changes were also implemented with cash flow in mind for TLP servers.
  3. Baldur Augur

If by cash flow you mean less of it because people hate overcrowding and some will quit over it, then sure.

I just got a survey from DBG in my email that I took. One of the questions was do you like the direction the developers have taken with the game and I answered no. In the comments section I talked about these pick changes and how horrible they are. So maybe if enough people that got the survey do the same thing they will change it.
  4. Darpa New Member

Pick Changes are killing the server. People are tired of 60-80 in elemental planes and no where to xp.....
  5. Illusory Augur

How else do you think they'll get people to restart on that new progression server this summer? Make their lives miserable on this one! :)
  6. nagash101 Augur

/pick changes, BAD!!!!!
  7. Baldur Augur

I don't buy this argument. If a paying customer is already a paying customer, playing on Phinigel/Ragefire/Lockjaw, then what does DBG care if they go to the new server or not?

The new server is an attempt to pull back all those people that quit. There was so many people that started playing on Ragefire they had to open up a second server. A lot of those people are gone, and they are trying to get them back.

These pick changes are horrible for the new server as well if it's as crowded as Phinny. They are horrible no matter what actually.
  8. Draekon Elder

They should revert them then come up with a better idea now that they've beta tested us.
  9. nagash101 Augur

The /pick changes have lost sub already and will continue to hurt the TLP Server unless they change it. I personally will not return to any TLP Server until they revert or fix the changes they made.
  10. Galleyan Augur

Given the latest news; I'm less inclined to dismiss this idea. I didn't buy it at first... but now...

My Hypothetical Launch Announcement : "Good news everyone; because the /pick changes only manifest as server instability once we hit PoP, we've enabled old style picks to make the experience more enjoyable from classic->LoY! Enjoy our new TLP in 2017!" (This was hypothetical, it is not posted by anyone but me. An angry old man.) -_-
  11. Tudadar Augur

New sticky from radar at the top about the changes. Looks like they want to do testing for it and that they might continue to make changes/upgrades.
  12. Illusory Augur

It's a theory! I ain't got no facts to back it up as of yet....:)

Lol, if that were posted, it would be pretty funny.