Why was pick changed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by C3lowz, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

Personally I am willing to take what they have said about the new server at face value--that it is aimed at players who missed the boat on Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinny, and are not currently subscribed. It may also be something of a contingency plan to give players that would quit past PoP another round of classic etc, and keep them subscribed, but I think they are more focused on drawing in new subscribers. (They've never shown enough concern at keeping existing subscribers, anyway.)

I am guessing they just haven't decided on the specifics of the ruleset, but I do expect it will be progression, not event, since that's what they announced.
  2. nagash101 Augur

+1 :)
    v01d likes this.
  3. Infidell New Member

4. Scornn Elder

While I understand that you are triggered, this kind of post is likely to get you forum banned and no resolution. You should work on your people skills.
  5. nagash101 Augur

yes he will have his account banned for sure. Radar doesn't like that kind a talk on his forums.
  6. Kiani Augur

The problem is with the implementation. As it is, it doesn't prevent a few people monopolising a pick of a zone, in fact, in some ways, it further enables it.

In quiet periods, as long as you have a bunch of people who're able to stay on for a long time, they can be in a locked pick for ages, with no real adverse effects, as long as no-one leaves or goes LD. Once they're there, no-one else can join that pick unless it reopens, meaning that group can stay as long as they like, with no competition. At least until the pick opens up again when the main pick gets full.

Of course, it does make it impossible to get replacements without changing to an unlocked pick, and it does prevent pick hopping and cherry picking some camps. But it doesn't prevent monopolisation, and it does make it harder for other people to find a decent camp.
    v01d and Illusory like this.
  7. Coppercoz Augur

To restate the obvious, this change really hits the person only able to play during prime hours. Wouldn't this be the customer you'd want to keep?

It might be a bearable change if only active during off hours to reduce picks and such.
    v01d likes this.
  8. Vexn Elder

Yet again had another XP group disband because of our replacement healer unable to get in and the camp taken in main pick. Revert this awful change back already.
    v01d likes this.
  9. Mhad Lorekeeper

Without adding in the no-respawn/no-exp they 'plan on' doing, they have effectively created the exact situation they said these changes would fix.

In velks yesterday for about 4+ hours. Do /pick and the window opens but shows no picks. For those that don't know, this means there is a locked pick. The zone fluctuated between 27 and 38 or so throughout my time there. For whatever reason, the pick never unlocked. So, that entire time and however long after, someone has their own private /pick.

Fully implement this or reverse this change. Doesn't even make sense to do something that creates the situation you claim to be correcting.
  10. Illusory Augur

You and I are like twins! :D
    Kiani likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Locking picks is a huge mistake. Closing the latest one (if the second under utilized one) and moving people to the previous pick would make more sense.
  12. Draekon Elder

This even closes the first pick and leaves base pick.
  13. Astral64 Augur

Where you been baby girl?!

<3
  14. Draekon Elder

I dabble here and there still - making kronos, no raiding for me though. It was fun but chasing the abashi gharn dream was too much time consumed for me! <3 Gotta get out sometime lol.

Glad theres still <3
  15. Astley Augur

Abashi/Gharn? Old news... All about that fancy Transcendence Staff and the Shinai nowadays ;0)
  16. Brurus Journeyman

It's good to see people keep posting about this. Anyone who plays daily knows this is a problem.
    v01d likes this.
  17. zekreject Journeyman

i am another person who doesn't post often. but this pick change is bad for my enjoyment of the game.
    previously i could log in to a zone (like deep or poi) for some AEing. If main pick was camped, i could easily go to another pick. It was great. Now, i log in and i can't xp because there is only one pick.
    This isn't just for AE groups - in BOT, there used to be 4 or 5 picks up all the time, and so I could get a group going without conflicting with other groups.

Pick zones was a GREAT idea for phinigel, it made the game more fun to play. Please don't make the game less fun.
    v01d likes this.
  18. v01d Journeyman

As others have said, these " reasons " aren't even logical. The whole point of a pick is to alleviate population overcrowding. These recent changes make population overcrowding WORSE.

You have literally taken a working great thing and turned it against the reason it was created to solve, causing the problem it's supposed to solve WORSE.

Please roll back the pick changes. All of this justification is negative, punitive, and makes the game worse for everyone.
    Turning off XP in locked picks? Stopping respawns in locked picks? What? How is that a good thing? No-one wants to fight with other players because there's 5 groups in each wing of BoT, which is what you're essentially saying is a design goal. Give your head a shake, you're not making sense.

ROLL BACK THE PICK CHANGES.
    jagarr and Laynie like this.
  19. Draekon Elder

PFFT Time, that doesnt take as long to clear as NTOV, then do it 3-4 times a week on top of POG on the off days 3-4 times a week, for 2 months and see like one or two gharns/abashi and not be there that day but there the other days. Was like FML
  20. Astley Augur

Yeah... we had crummy luck on Abashi/Gharn too... in all of our NTOV clears, 2 total Abashi's, and I think 2 Gharn's.